Ian Halperin - a theory.

danae85

Proud Member
Hi guys,
I randomly came across an interview on youtube with Ian Halperin talking to Howard Stern about his awful book - and decided to listen to what he had to say about himself and that piece of trash he wrote.

(in case you want reference, here's the link, but you don't have to click on it really, it's a piece of s**t interview with a lot of the usual junk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CivcSHkaEc8&feature=related)

BUT, I had a few thoughts.

First off, he always introduces this book by saying he started off wanting to "nail" MJ, because he was convinced he was guilty. He then briefly states that he is 100% certain that he was in fact innocent. Ok, fair enough, we knew that but whatever.

Stern asks him how he knew that - and Ian states something I have never heard from anyone on the media before - that Michael's insurance was forcing him to settle in 1994. I knew that, many of you knew that, but it has never been mentioned before! I was so pleasantly surprised, which is why i kept listening.

But after that, a whole lot of bs started flowing in, that i'm not even going to repeat.

Here and there he has some valid information though - scattered amongst the lies. He also claimed that he worked on this book for 4 years. I don't think it takes 4 years to come up with lies. I think the man did work.

Here is what i think happened; his publishing house gave him and advance for a book that would prove that Michael was guilty (because we all know that such a book would unfortunately sell). Ian went ahead and tried to prove it, but the evidence was pointing to Michael's innocence. Here is where the trash comes in; you guys remember how Aphrodite Jones went around trying to get her book published, and no one would publish a pro-MJ book, right? Her decision was to self publish, which is the honorable road.

I think Ian turned his book into the piece of trash it is, in order to get it published. We KNOW for a fact that publishing houses would not publish a book similar to Aphrodite's.

So, if my assumption is right, and I think it is because Ian always states that his primary thesis for the book was Michael's guilt or innocence, and the book instead ended up being a compilation of science fiction tabloid sensationalism, Ian had to compensate for Michael's innocence by adding all the absurd "facts" about his life. (or self publish, but the man wanted money, clearly)

So maybe there is a little silver lining in this god awful book: Ian could have lied about his findings about MJ's "guilt", and portrayed him as guilty instead in order to publish the book. He did not do that, but instead filled the book with claims that are so outlandish, I don't think that many people could believe them.

What do you think?

Its a very plausible theory. No publishing house in their right mind would have published a pro Michael book. Its disgusting but anti Michael books sell, pro ones don't. I can't stand Halperin-his tabloid sensationalism is so appaling that even The Sun makes jokes about it!

but anti Michael books sell, pro ones don't.
tbh niether sell.halperin prob sold more than normal cause of when he released it. but books on mj be negatvie or not do not do well

The likes of Halprin doesn't contribute to humanity in any positive way.

I wish people would stop buying his trash.

Danae- I do agree that Halprin added lies so that his book didn't mirror A.Jones book as it would not have sell.

Ian ONLY changed his "mind" about Michael and the content of his book after Michael Jackson died and he witnessed the outpouring of love from around the world and wanted to get on Michael and the fan's good side to sell more copies of his book and to befriend those who may have been close to Michael (he accomplished that by getting Frank DiLeo, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc. to pose for pics with him during the memorial)...

Up until Michael Jackson passed away, Ian's book was titled: "Peter Pan or Pervert?" and the cover was:

ian3.jpg

10 days before Michael Jackson died, Ian said: "My book is coming out in three weeks on Michael Jackson, and it's going to raise some eyebrows. It will shock you as to how sick a human being can actually be. How screwed up, how @#$%ed up, a man--if you call Michael Jackson a man--can be. One of the things I'll say tonight, I'm going to unleash it, the man is gay. I'm outting Michael Jackson. He's never had sex..."

His book was originally going to be released on a real small independent publishing label based in Canada and wouldn't have sold more than several dozen copies max. But, after everything happened the big publishers were desperate to be the first to get a book out, so after about a month of revisions and adding a final chapter he really lucked out.

Ian ONLY changed his "mind" about Michael and the content of his book after Michael Jackson died and he witnessed the outpouring of love from around the world and wanted to get on Michael and the fan's good side to sell more copies of his book and to befriend those who may have been close to Michael (he accomplished that by getting Frank DiLeo, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc. to pose for pics with him during the memorial)...

Up until Michael Jackson passed away, Ian's book was titled: "Peter Pan or Pervert?" and the cover was:

ian3.jpg

10 days before Michael Jackson died, Ian said: "My book is coming out in three weeks on Michael Jackson, and it's going to raise some eyebrows. It will shock you as to how sick a human being can actually be. How screwed up, how @#$%ed up, a man--if you call Michael Jackson a man--can be. One of the things I'll say tonight, I'm going to unleash it, the man is gay. I'm outting Michael Jackson. He's never had sex..."

His book was originally going to be released on a real small independent publishing label based in Canada and wouldn't have sold more than several dozen copies max. But, after everything happened the big publishers were desperate to be the first to get a book out, so after about a month of revisions and adding a final chapter he really lucked out.

:ph34r:

tbh niether sell.halperin prob sold more than normal cause of when he released it. but books on mj be negatvie or not do not do well

I've never understood why that is. People will happily buy books on Katie Price and Paris Hilton etc. Call me biased but I don't see what's so interesting about how somebody got a boob job and became famous or got Daddy to get her on TV, yet these become bestsellers. But, people have an opportunity to find out about one of the most misunderstood men on the planet who has one of the most amazing life stories and there's only a few that actually buy them...

But, anyway. I thought Ian Halperin had finally faded out. He'll go away when the people who have been ripped off finally realise what a piece of crap that book is. :mello:

ian3.jpg

Thanks for posting, some of this I didn't know and found that very ineteresting

*sigh* how proud am I to be canadian now.. :puke:

Whatever the reason of publising is, it only became a ''best-seller'' because HE IS THE ONE *sarcastic* who told us that MJ would die in 6 months and OH HE WAS RIGHT so he MUST be right about everything else!!! HE KNEW SO MUCH ABOUT HIM!!! IN-CRE-DI-BLE!!!

:stink:

What pisses me off the most is there when they talk about him (well, at least where I live) they call him the ''official MJ biographer''.. :wtf2: HE NEVER MET HIM! Like saying MJ approved everything that is in the piece of crap... *sigh again*

And now he's publishing a book about ''Brangelina'' Wooooooooooooo!!!

And now he's publishing a book about ''Brangelina'' Wooooooooooooo!!!

Which in itself is creepy given his track record of Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie stories... No joke, he has exclusively claimed that Angelina Jolie has sex daily with plants, dogs, men, women, and potentially their own children. He also had a long-running story that Brad Pitt impregnated a mysterious Sudanese model (who mysteriously went from three months pregnant to six months pregnant in a few days) and that she was going to confront him at Cannes so many months ago, but nothing ever became of that. And of course, he exclusively reported that Brangelina split up about eight months ago, amongst other claims. The only followers he still has are about four devotees who simply have so much hatred for Brad and Angelina that they clamor to Ian and buy up all his negative stories. Fail.

ian3.jpg

I remember reading this when it came out, I'm gonna repeat what I stated earlier, Ian Halperin is a WASTE OF LIFE. I can't wait for him to go straight to hell.

No joke, he has exclusively claimed that Angelina Jolie has sex daily with plants

How would you.... you know what I'm not even gonna finish that sentence LOL.

If all that is true then he obviously just makes up shit to try and get his name out there. Job done Ian, it's out there. But job failed, we all think you're an arse.

Which in itself is creepy given his track record of Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie stories... No joke, he has exclusively claimed that Angelina Jolie has sex daily with plants, dogs, men, women, and potentially their own children. He also had a long-running story that Brad Pitt impregnated a mysterious Sudanese model (who mysteriously went from three months pregnant to six months pregnant in a few days) and that she was going to confront him at Cannes so many months ago, but nothing ever became of that. And of course, he exclusively reported that Brangelina split up about eight months ago, amongst other claims. The only followers he still has are about four devotees who simply have so much hatred for Brad and Angelina that they clamor to Ian and buy up all his negative stories. Fail.

:lmao: !!!! See it doesn't take much time to build a book full of stupidness!

Wow.. I really had a laugh here! Thanks!

Poor people who are gonna buy this crap...

By thw way.. just to know.. since Unmasked is a BEST-SELLER *WOOOOOOOO*.. how many copies were sold actually, does anyone knows?

This guy deserves to go to hell and if it happened now harsh as it sounds i would actually be happy

By thw way.. just to know.. since Unmasked is a BEST-SELLER *WOOOOOOOO*.. how many copies were sold actually, does anyone knows?

I'm not sure how many copies were sold but I can understand why it became a bestseller, had it came out before Michael died, I don't think it would have sold even half as many copies. They're all over Ebay, which, I think shows just how much people liked it as generally people tend to keep books that they like. Even Amazon has knocked it down to almost half price, so maybe it's not selling anymore. I have a copy myself, it was a "present" (I wasn't overlyjoyed when I got it). I've skipped through it but didn't like much of what I read, I just couldn't get into it - maybe 'cos I just had preconceived ideas about it.

I had never seen that cover before, but i know about this....i read that on the forum. What a horrible person. What baffles me is that this dude managed to be on the photo with Al Sharpton, Frank Dileo and Jesse Jackson....what a damn shame...

Back