I Wrote a Short Story.... Enjoy!!! (not finished)

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Fancy’s Last Christmas

It was August 29, 2009 we got the call from the vet. Fancy, our beloved cat was taken in to get a routine dental cleaning. Over the months, Fancy’s breath was horrid. I took her in and the vet said her teeth needed to be cleaned. My mother and I were in Wegmans grocery store, as we entered the store her phone rang. She walked over to listen and talk to the doctor working on the cat. After about 10-15 minutes of talking, my mother came back with tears in her eyes. I became very concerned. I asked my mother what was wrong and she was hesitant to reply. Sometime later, my mother told me the vet did some blood work and it did not look good for Fancy. Fancy had kidney failure and over a short period of time, was going to die. We had the option of continuing treatment which was a daily dosage of B12 vitamins and a pill to have her swallow and daily checkups to see if the B12 vitamin dosage was doing its job. As my mother and I walked into Wegmans thinking too much about what to do with our cat and family member, we went through Wegmans and picked up what we needed and though it was best to go home and see how Fancy was doing.

The next day, I woke up in the morning and immediately went to see

END: It was Christmas 2010 and I knew it was the time to be joyful, happy and good-spirited, but as I was counting down the day to open presents and sing Christmas carols, I was counting down the last days of my best friend to make sure she had the best last days I could ever give her. Over time Fancy became very lethargic, slow moving and non-active as she once was when I brought her into my home five years earlier.

Please tell me what you think of this story okay. Its not finished.

Back