I thought Michael was working on a new album!

GOLDSPACESUIT45

Proud Member
Remember from 06-early 09 fans and media were talking about how Michael was working with so and so..etc..and that he was going to release a new album with brand new songs. So I guess non of the
rumors were fact right? Every year some fans say it's MJ year to shine.. Well this year is he year. This is it .. The year .

Yea, I'm sure one his spokespeople of the time mentioned this a few years back (around the time he received the DIAMOND award + Guinness World Record Certificates in London).

The problem is that if the estate releases the album now, they will be accused of milking Michael Jackson's Legacy and if they don't, they will be accused of hoarding!!!!!

- The GOOD news is that Sony doesn't have any of this.

- The BAD news is that any member of his family can copy the songs and nobody will know that they were actually Michael's because they won't admit it wasn't theirs. The only one who wouldn't do this is Janet (because she actually has talent to write songs). I don't trust the rest of them. Keep a close eye on any new releases (which is inevitable) from them!!!!

Yes, he was. I can tell this for sure, because I read an interview with music producer Humberto Gatica some 3 weeks before June 25. By the time, Gatica was finishing the last album of Michael Bubblé.

Michael Jackson had contacted Humberto Gatica to join him again (they had worked together for years, from Thriller to Invencible) to do his new record. According to Gatica, MJ was gathering his "old" team together again to make his comeback album a hit. And also, according to Gatica, because Michael wanted to feel... safe...

Gatica explained that MJ had already a lot of songs and he was not 100% sure if he would work on the songs during TII shows (!!!!!) or once it was over. Gatica, however, said knowing MJ he wouldn't be able to not work on the songs during between shows. MJ invited him to join them at London during TII and he mentioned they were all to live in houses, no more hotels for anyone, this is why I think for MJ this would have been so special and new, with his kids, a real family!

This was the last factual information I read from MJ. The next one... June 25.

Yes, he was. I can tell this for sure, because I read an interview with music producer Humberto Gatica some 3 weeks before June 25. By the time, Gatica was finishing the last album of Michael Bubblé.

Michael Jackson had contacted Humberto Gatica to join him again (they had worked together for years, from Thriller to Invencible) to do his new record. According to Gatica, MJ was gathering his "old" team together again to make his comeback album a hit. And also, according to Gatica, because Michael wanted to feel... safe...

Gatica explained that MJ had already a lot of songs and he was not 100% sure if he would work on the songs during TII shows (!!!!!) or once it was over. Gatica, however, said knowing MJ he wouldn't be able to not work on the songs during between shows. MJ invited him to join them at London during TII and he mentioned they were all to live in houses, no more hotels for anyone, this is why I think for MJ this would have been so special and new, with his kids, a real family!

Thanks for this info.

yes he was working on a new album but he was such a perfectionist he only wanted to put out the best material but with him gone they're going to exploit him to the max and put out every song possible without thinking about what did Michael want. screw his legacy it's all about the money now they turned him into a commercial puppet I'm no longer excited to see movies or new songs or any material carrying his name
it's going to be a mess, look what they did with that "This is it" song
it's so depressing to think about all this...

i Herd That To But With Michael Gone It Might Never Happen

I Also Herd There Was Going To Be A New Off The Wall CD With Concert

yes he was working on a new album but he was such a perfectionist he only wanted to put out the best material but with him gone they're going to exploit him to the max and put out every song possible without thinking about what did Michael want. screw his legacy it's all about the money now they turned him into a commercial puppet I'm no longer excited to see movies or new songs or any material carrying his name
Depressing, yes. I don't know what I want, I do want to hear new music but then again I don't want to hear it because they're unfinished and Michael would not want to release non-finished stuff. *sigh* :( :cry:

God, that's so heartbreaking.. this year was so promising.. :cry:

Do you think they're going to release the new album? I didn't really understand whether it was completed or not... And R.Kelly said something about completing it..
??

Last edited:
God, that's so heartbreaking.. this year was so promising.. :cry:

No doubt it is... that is why I simply was unable to believe/understand when my father gave the news about MJ. I was like... "Whatt?? No way, dad, no way. He is working in his new show, he is working in a new album, maybe a future new tour"....

Oh, he also mentioned MJ was considering the footage of the rehearsals for a new project, initially the DVD for the shows.

Gatica mentioned TII will be just the beginning. Imagine that... just the beginning.... and it was the end :(

That's were family steps in! Jermain? Or janet? They need to do think what what would Michael want.

No doubt it is... that is why I simply was unable to believe/understand when my father gave the news about MJ. I was like... "Whatt?? No way, dad, no way. He is working in his new show, he is working in a new album, maybe a future new tour"....

Oh, he also mentioned MJ was considering the footage of the rehearsals for a new project, initially the DVD for the shows.

Gatica mentioned TII will be just the beginning. Imagine that... just the beginning.... and it was the end :(

I know.. depressing to think about that.. I was already planning the upcoming year and Imagined another MJ era.. :cry:
Since the Press conference and with all the daily good news that were coming then, my everyday mood was so good, I felt so happy because I knew Michael is coming back..
I really imagined the shows, the DVD, a new album.. MJ everywhere. I felt like this gonna be the best year ever..

Well MJ really is everywhere now, but it doesnt make me happy at all.. :cry:

That's were family steps in! Jermain? Or janet? They need to do think what what would Michael want.

I have given up on them...the children are the only ones who I think are going to protect Michael's name and legacy but they're still so young...that's the tragedy, Michael left a lot of unfinished business when he left this world, children too young, work unfinished, potential wasted...

yes he was and we will never hear it :cry:

Err, why wouldnt we? Im sure at some point we will get to hear all the stuff that was completed. For all we know atm, he could have even finished the album.

MJ everywhere. I felt like this gonna be the best year ever..

Well MJ really is everywhere now, but it doesnt make me happy at all.. :cry:

No doubt.... this is not the way we wanted to be "everywhere"
thyenta4-emoticon-0002.gif

I just can't believe this is happening, I just can't believe it :(
Five months....

It really hurts how close he came to doing the shows and everything. I will never understand why this happened.

Yea, I'm sure one his spokespeople of the time mentioned this a few years back (around the time he received the DIAMOND award + Guinness World Record Certificates in London).

The problem is that if the estate releases the album now, they will be accused of milking Michael Jackson's Legacy and if they don't, they will be accused of hoarding!!!!!

- The GOOD news is that Sony doesn't have any of this.

- The BAD news is that any member of his family can copy the songs and nobody will know that they were actually Michael's because they won't admit it wasn't theirs. The only one who wouldn't do this is Janet (because she actually has talent to write songs). I don't trust the rest of them. Keep a close eye on any new releases (which is inevitable) from them!!!!

I disagree with this one. We obviously know he was working on a new album, all they have to do is finish it up, add the polish and watch it sell. Something like the This Is It CD would be called milking simply because there isnt much 'new' on it. A whole new album would be taken much more positively for Michael.

Do you think its still possible they release a single for X-mas? Michael loved X-mas and it would be so great to see him ruling those charts..

Well, I actually don't think anythiing that comes out after his death can hurt his musical legacy. I doubt any of it (including This is it) will be considered as a proper part of his body of work.

Back