I still haven't cried.

Shamonee

Proud Member
Hey guys

I never seem to shed tears during emotional times not even when my Grandfather died and as I watched my whole family break down. I was sad, yes, but I never cried.

Similarly to Michael's death I haven't cried over it yet but I have/do feel deeply traumatized by it. My little sister cried as soon as she heard, but I didn't. Why is this? I was really really upset when I found out but I didn't shed one tear.

This also happens when I'm reading emotional books and watching movies which have the review of "This will make you cry like a baby.." but I never cry over them; I do feel depressed though.

Has anyone else NOT cried over all of this?

Who knows, I may break down next week or tomorrow even but I'm not in denial of what has happend which makes it all even more weird, considering the way I loved him to bits!

xxx

I'm the same, I kinda cried a little on Friday night...but I blame that on all the alcohol I had consumed that night.

I just feel like not crying, i'm sad...

me too..feel really sad, but haven't cried yet - but there's a big lump in my throat all the time.

I feel heartbroken, It's just if as I've lost a familymember!!

Mike -I love you: ALWAYS!

Some people simply do not cry much, if at all. I cried on Thursday night, and mostly all day Friday. I have not cried since Friday night now.

I almost cried before, for some reason the keyboard solo on Bad almost made me cry. I dont know what it was about it, theres something about it which sums up Michaels genius :\

Exact same for me. I feel heartbroken but I haven't cried. I feel a little better now though

I am the same way, when my family members pass I am the one that doesn't cry. I have shed a few tears when I hear some of his songs, but I have yet to just break down. It seems like everytime I start I always find something online that MJ that was freakin' hilarious to me and then I just start laughing uncontrollably. Maybe it's MJ's way of telling me, well us that "hey don't shed a tear I am hear with my idols, Gene Kelly, Fred Astair, Marlon Brando, and James Brown. So don't worry I am ok."

I think it will hit us when we see his casket, I know I will be no good. I am hoping to go to L.A. where I can pay my respects.

I am the same way, when my family members pass I am the one that doesn't cry. I have shed a few tears when I hear some of his songs, but I have yet to just break down. It seems like everytime I start I always find something online that MJ that was freakin' hilarious to me and then I just start laughing uncontrollably. Maybe it's MJ's way of telling me, well us that "hey don't shed a tear I am hear with my idols, Gene Kelly, Fred Astair, Marlon Brando, and James Brown. So don't worry I am ok."

I think it will hit us when we see his casket, I know I will be no good. I am hoping to go to L.A. where I can pay my respects.

Never forget Jackie Wilson! :)

I'm the same, I kinda cried a little on Friday night...but I blame that on all the alcohol I had consumed that night.

HEIL YEAH BROZA
Beer?
I ain't cryin'; I was struck in ze heart, but some beer help'd me out.
R.I.P.
MICHAEL JACKSON

Somehow I can't cry because ironically his death was also kinda relief for him... So I'm just pretty neutral and maybe more just upset (like angry way) about the timing of this. Mostly Im sad because of this timing. He had something really nice going on and then just boom.

i was crying like mad the instant i heard his death reported on the news.
Ive cried a few times since too but i calm myself down but i cant help it.

crying doesn,t say anyting asbout your feelings...
I didn,t cry at first......i took hours for me to realize what happend.
An everyone has his own way, don,t feel quilty...

I haven't cried yet, even though I feel completley empty, still slightly in denial/shock and I have also sorta lost my appetite and sleep. I did shed a single tear when I saw a music tribute to him on tv and really hit home to realize what the world had lost in terms of his musical genius and what more had to offer had he not passed. I have not yet had a big old cry but I feel like there is a constant lump in my throat that just won't come out.

Last edited:
I am still in shock...i shed a few tears..but i didn't really break down...I couldn't even come into this board when the news broke...I knew what i was gonna see. Like i know MJ will NEVER be forgotten. I mean for real..his music is gonna play on FOREVER! Believe that. My whole family is sadden by this too, it kinda does feel like i lost a family member. Like i literally grew up with his music and videos. He was a MAJOR influence in my life..shit Michael opened my ears to MUSIC period! Like there will be times that i will feel like i am gonna cry but i don't cuz i would be happy with ALL this CLASSIC material he has left behind for US! Just a few days ago me and my homies were smoking trees and listening to my MJ ultimate collection on my ipod. Like before his death and i rarely played MJ's shit for my homies cuz they won't really into his stuff like me..So when I play it they would just look at me all werid and tell me to turn it off. So NOW..that he has died they wanna know why i listened to him. And my boys were just BLOWN away with his music, cuz they never really listened to him besides his main songs. Like my home boy LOVED the beat to She Drives Me Wild and the way MJ sung on it. Another one REALLY loves Who Is It and told me to get that song for him cuz he is gonna try and make a beat out of it I mean we were driven downtown going to the club BLASTING Remember the Times! And for me, what made my week better is when i went to the club, the DJ for 1 hour straight played NOTHING but MJ tunes..and EVERYBODY was on the floor dancing! AND SINGING the words to EVERY SONG! It was the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced! Man I live out here in the bay area and people were going HYPHY when Don't Stop Till You Get Enough came on. Also another reason why i why I haven't cried is cuz NOW the new generation is playing catch up. Yesterday i was at my home girls graduation party and me and her friends were just watching his videos on MTV Jams..and they were just amazed about how cool he was! And i was like DUUUH! LMAO...And the final reason why I haven't really cried that much is cuz last night i was making out with a female while Dirty Diana came on..the female just LOVED the song and it get her VERY..well...lets just say she wasn't dry..hehe...and we were just making out while Dirty Diana was playing in the background..thanks MIKE :)...IMO this kinda feels like my childhood AGAIN, when MJ videos would be played 24/7 and showing his performances and his music being played on the radio. I mean shit his albums are topping the charts AGAIN! I mean IMO he is re-born again..and through us and his music he will be alive. So in conclusion to this long rant..I haven't cried let cuz MJ ain't dead in my eyes...he is alive and well...:)...long live the KING :)..hee hee

^Same. Shed few tears.. eyes got watery at times.. but didn't really breakdown. I feel numb and really empty. It was hard to come on here in the last few days.

^ Me too I didn't really break down at any point. Tears came at night when I was trying to get sleep. And even then they came only like short waves and then went away.
I didn't cry yesterday and I think I won't cry about this anymore. Tears come to my eyes when I listen to some of Michael's songs or start to think about his children but I just don't cry. Though sometimes I would want to cry. I just can't.

Just because you don't cry, does not mean you do not feel the same level of grief. Everyone is different.

Everybody grieves differently. Although you have to make sure that you're not locking it away for it to turn up later on in life and at a time you dont know how to deal with it or what it is.

I keep feeling very tearful, cant really listen to the music yet. But the tears can also be part of past death experiences etc and also I think too much about the 3 children left and what will happen to them. I suppose overthink and hope those who affected and used Michael are allowed no where near them.

Thats why I think for those who are able to get to the concert venue should still go, its one of those things that has to be done....... I know I will probably have flooded most places by the time I get there and probs should warn the Thames barrier people.

I haven't cried either.. I don't know why. I actually want to, but can't. But I still havent figured it out - that he is gone..

me too..feel really sad, but haven't cried yet - but there's a big lump in my throat all the time.

I feel heartbroken, It's just if as I've lost a familymember!!

Mike -I love you: ALWAYS!

The lump comes and goes for me. Whenever I watch one of Michael's performances on youtube, it comes back again and while I feel happy watching the master do what he did best, I feel sad at the same time. These last few days have been an emotional roller coaster.

I am going through the exact same thing. I can't cry either. I am numb. My heart and my eyes feel heavy with sadness, but I haven't had a big cry yet. I had a few tears, but not much. I am in too much shock right now. It's been really hard for me these past few days as it has been for all of us. I am slowly listening to more of his music each day. It's very hard to listen to his songs, but it is getting me through during this tough time. I can feel his energy when I listen to his songs or watch his short films.

I finally cried for the first time like 15 minutes ago, watching Beyonce sing Angel at the BET awards.

You could tell it was so about Mike.

Back