I saw one of MJ's rides at the Del Mar Fair!!

HumanNatur3

Proud Member
I went to the annual Del Mair Fair here in San Diego and as I was walking around with my niece to look for a ride, I saw this! One of MJ's rides from Neverland. I believe it's called the "Move Swinger." I was contemplating whether to ride it or not, but I decided not to. It would have been too hard. I know that I would have started tearing, so I just watched it as it spun around and thought of how really childlike and playful Michael was. This ride really conveyed that to me. Btw, don't let the colorful facade fool you, this ride was fast!!!

They're like swings. I love those kind of rides, they're fun. :) Relaxing but fun.
I can imagine Michael on there. :heart:

Thanks for posting the pics!

Is that a crown on top, or just a random design? Did you notice if the paintings on the ride were special? I can see trees and landscapes in some of them.

Last edited:
Diana, yes, it is a crown at the very top!! As far as the more ornate designs, I didn't really get to take a look at 'em very well. But let me tell u one thing, this ride was super fast!! It spun like crazy lol. There were 2 kids and were very excited but once it started spinning, oh man, they were holdin on so tightly to the chains and their faces were hilarious!! I might be going back to the fair again this week and see if I'll be emotionally ready to ride it this time.

very cool! sooo....this is a ride they physically took from Neverland, and put it there? Why? :scratch:

very cool! sooo....this is a ride they physically took from Neverland, and put it there? Why? :scratch:

I believe all of Neverland's rides were sold to various fair operators.

^^ really? so there's no rides at Neverland anymore? I guess there wouldn't be, with no one to enjoy them anymore :(

^^ no. Neverland is quite empty place now. Unfortunately :(
I guess, I'd enjoy more seeing the rides back in there. I mean: to turn back to the times, when Neverland was full of life.
Than you HumanNatur3 for posting it :hugs:

Thank you for posting these pics....Michael would be so happy that children are still getting to enjoy the rides...I am sure he would love to see the smile on their faces.

awww..
i wish all the rides and everything were put back in Neverland. :wub:

....where they belong

I too am really sad that these rides are no longer at Neverland either but there is really no point if all the rides are still there. I'm glad that it is still being used and being enjoyed by people. And it is in great condition. The colors were still perfect.

Thanks for this. Lovely seeing the photos...although I do wish it would go back home to where it belongs :-(

Still can't believe they were all sold. Even though many kids can now enjoy them, they have to pay for it. I just wish all the rides would return to Neverland where kids would be able to go on them uncharged. That's more in Michael's spirit I think.

its sad!! cool to see but sad its not at Neverland.. here the Fair had a few MJ rides aswell! the sea dragon and the little up tea cup type ride!!

This is so sad it's supposed to be at Michael's home with Michael. Idk Michael isn't here anymore his rides arent' there anyore its just sad :(

This is so sad it's supposed to be at Michael's home with Michael. Idk Michael isn't here anymore his rides arent' there anyore its just sad :(

aww hun, it is sad. :hugs: All the things that happened are all very sad but at least the rides can still be enjoyed, even though you gotta pay for it. I got sad too when I saw it there and I didn't even ride it, I should've but I didn't. Would have been too much for me.

its sad!! cool to see but sad its not at Neverland.. here the Fair had a few MJ rides aswell! the sea dragon and the little up tea cup type ride!!

Oh wow, really?? I wish all the rides that he had were all bought by one amusement park or something. Then have all the kids ride for free. Michael would have really loved that.

I'm not sure if it's still there but Michael's Dragon Wagon roller coaster ride was in Coney Island amusement park in Brooklyn, NY when I went there last year. So it continues delighting children. I agree it's very sad that these Neverland rides are scattered all over and Michael is no longer with us. So tragic.

nice pictures. It is sad they are no longer at neverland. But at least they are still getting used by children across the USA.

Back