I need your opinion...

kottur13

Proud Member
Right...so after getting a girl's number, how long should one wait to call her?

My friends have been telling me to wait for a week, and that sounds ridiculous, wouldn't she assume that you were no longer interested, lose interest herself and then probably find someone else?

Take into account that this is a hypothetical situation with both of us being 15 - 17 years old, we don't go to school / college/ work together, the girl would not be a slut, and it would be a serious relationship, not a one night stand or anything like that.

OM Goodness! You're a guy?! lol.

Back to topic, Let me ask my brother.

OK. Say you get a girl's number on the weekend. How I would do is I'd plan something for the next weekend. Either going out or party at my place or something. Then I'd call her mid-week (don't leave it too late or she might have already made plans for the weekend. I'd go Tuesday or Wednesday but no later than Thursday). Then invite her to join you in her weekend plans. That way it's been a week since you last saw her, so it doesn't make you seem desperate like you couldn't wait to see her again. But you rang like two or three after you met her so it's not like you blowing her off or not interested anymore and she hasn't had enough time to lose interest in you either. It works out well. Call her a couple days after you got her number, but plan to meet her like a week after you last saw her.

Back