I need help. I have a little crisis

MAKAVELIDAKING

Proud Member
Well i have this girlfirend and she's a little bit younger than i m am. She's 16 i'm 18. Shell be 17 in october the 2nd. I'll be 19 in may the 6th. My parents well specifcly my father is a little bit to strict on me. He wont let me see her. All because one day my girlfriend came over the house to do my baby sister's hair for school which was just about to open. My father knew that she was going to come over. My sister told him she was coming and said " yeah sure no problem " then when she came he acted like he never knew of this and he thought that the whole hair thing was a lie and i brought her home just to do the upside down moonwalk lmao. He took me to the garage where it was the two of us and started riffing and rattling in creole ( my family is hatian we speak creole and french ). He was saying oh you brought her here and you wanted to get some. I was like no her mom dropped her off. He even called my girl's mom just to see if i was lieing and yep he was wrong. I couldnt fucking beleved it. Even though he spoke creole around her, my girl is not stupid. She knew she wasnt welcomed. Since i was telling the truth she stayed and started to do my sister's hair but didnt finish. I couldnt beleive it my pops was being king duchbag. After my girl left that night.he called me up to his room to talk. He strated to say ohhh your girl friend is too young and that it's not right. Then he strated to say that when i go to the gym it's not true and that i go to her house. Which is not true at all. I couldnt believe the contradicting things coming out of his mouth. Him and my mother have a 5 -6 year age diff. And when he was my age he snuck out the house to go see his girlfriends all the time. When i borught up the age diffrence he has with my mom he said ohh that its was not the same culture and times were diffrent.i mean come on with that is pure b.s i havnt seen my chick in like two weeks going on three. Shit is unbareable. I hate this. One time even brought the family car keyes with him because he thought i was going to take the car. Where is the trust here. I'm 18 i need more freedom. I'm doing good in school. Just started college and i'm taking it seriously. I want to take my girl out to movies, concerts, the beach etcccc. I want to take her to go see "This Is It" we made plans. Her b-day is on oct 2nd. I'm lost i have to see her. I dont want to sneak out and disobey them I reallly dont. I really love this girl. She is a really smart and intelligent girl. ( excuse my spelling i'm in a hurry l.o.l ) she goes through alot and i do to. We both make eachother feel better. I need to see her guys. I dont know what to do. Plus mike being gone still hurts me. I still cry about that from time 2 time. But back on the point how could I conveince my parents that i need to some fredom . Or at least let me see her on the weekends. Help me out guys.

Last edited:
I believe that your father's heart is in the right place. I guess you just need to show them that you are capable of doing things right, you need to show them that they can trust you. I know its easier said than done, and that its easy for me say. Parents need reassurance all the time. You need to show that you can be trusted. Your girfriend coming around to your house is a good thing too, then you father can see that she is to be trusted and that your both good together, I know by your post you said your father reacted quite badly about girlfriend being at you house, but you know, if she's there then your father should be able to see her and know that everything's ok. An age difference in a relationship is no crime, and if you both love each other than that's all that matters. Love truimphs all.
You sound like a real gentleman, your girlfriend is lucky. You want to take her to the movies, so then do it. Explain to your father, restore his confidence in you, I'm sure he will understand after all he was young once. Your 18, life's begining for you, make the most of it.

there are parents who dont like the fact that a 16 y old girl and 18 y old guy are together. not a big age difference, but once someone is legal. i guess it looks wrong to parents.
maybe have a sit down and ask why your dad feels this way and say its hurting you that he was rude to your girl that came home with you. either that or see your girl on your own time out of the house for a bit. your going to college you can have that seperate life now and your parents in time will have to give you your freedom. hope it works out. alot of us go through that with our parents once we hit 18 and they still treat us like minors.

Thnaks 4 the suupport guys i just feel really Trapped at times man. MY GIRL CALLED ME CRYING LAST NIGHT. SHE HAS A LOT OF PROBLEMS AT HOME. I JUST WANT TO EASE THE PAIN FOR HER

You sound like a very nice and intelligent young man, a gentleman:yes:
Just remember that your father may be basing his fears on his own experience, and does not want you to do any of the mistakes he may have been doing. But he does go about it the wrong way. You are 18, and responsible for your actions. He may be giving you advice, but he can not forbid you to do anything. And the only ting you can do is to be very straight with him, and repeat to him that you will not do anything that put your girfriend or your own future at risk. You have your plans for the future, and want to stick to them. Parents who forbid their children doing things, are forgetting that this usually create a situation where the unwanted outcome is more likely to happen- because forbidding it tend to make it more desirable. The only thing you realy can do, is to inform your dad about what you are going to do, and then let him see by experience that you will behave according to what you say. Do not let his suspicions come true. Make appointments with your girfriend to go to the movies etc... and then always try to keep what you say you are doing, and what you actually do in sync. That way you will prove that what you say and what you do, is the same- and that you are trustworthy. That being said- you are young, your girlfriend is young, and its a good thing to keep in mind that temptation can be pretty high. In other words, take precaution ( and use protection........).You do not want to be a daddy this early........;D

SORRY ABOUT REPLYING SO LATE I HERE YOU MOVINGCOOLCAT THANKS FOR TAKEING THE TIME TO HELP ME OUT. I HERE YOU BUT I'M ALREADY A FATHER MYSELF MY SON IS 4 AND WILL BE FIVE MARCH THE 22nd BUT I AM VERY RESPONSIABLE FOR MY ACTIONS I FEEL AS IF I AM VERY RESPONSIABLE I DID GOOD IN SCHOLL. GRADUATED WITH A 3.2 G.P.A AND NOW I 'M DOING WONDERS AT FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE. I JUST NEED SOME FREEDOM

Back