(I Like) The Way You Love Me question

kreen

Proud Member
To me, the last unanswered question regarding the new album is the case of "(I Like) The Way You Love Me". The leaked credits and running time seem to indicate this is the exact same song as the one on The Ultimate Collection, but with added production work by Neff-U. The fact that a lot of "real" instruments are listed for this song in the credits is intriguing. So my question is : I know a few people here have heard the song. Can they confirm it is indeed a new production of the same vocals, and can they confirm the "organic" nature of the new arrangements? Thanks!

Bump...

Gaz? Mkgenie? Anyone know the answer?

Same vocals, slightly different production.

Same vocals, slightly different production.

ugh great. WHY are they touching songs that were finished the way Michael did them. Don't they know we don't care about some beat someone else created after the fact. We only care about Michael, please leave his work alone.

Last edited:
Thanks. Have you heard the song?

Just the opening instrumental. Sounded very similar the TUC version but more crisp and modern. I didn't hear the any vocals.

It is kind of weird to include an already released song on a brand new album.

The media will go crazy about that.

I think this will be one of the stronger songs on the album. Out of the songs I've heard, It would probably be the most successful as a single.

They should had added Seeing Voices or DYKWYCA instead!
It's not a new song.

Not trying to et off topic here, but is there a version of Seeing Voices with Michael's vocals on the song... is it even a real MJ song? I just wanted to know, don't wanna be left out and miss out on another unreleased masterpiece...

how do you guys know about the opening instru??

is it leaked??

It was played at a Vision launch event in my area, along with some other song that might have been Hollywood Tonight or Behind the Mask.

Not trying to et off topic here, but is there a version of Seeing Voices with Michael's vocals on the song... is it even a real MJ song? I just wanted to know, don't wanna be left out and miss out on another unreleased masterpiece...

If I'm mistaken with the tittle of the song, I apologize. It's the duet Michael recorded with Ray Charles.

ugh great. WHY are they touching songs that were finished the way Michael did them. Don't they know we don't care about some beat someone else created after the fact. We only care about Michael, please leave his work alone.

That would me my first question too. WHY???????? I do not really get it. I hate this idea of them doing that to the songs he finished the way he wanted a long time ago.:( It is disrespectful, crazy whatever.... I have no words... . I still have a little hope that it is not the same song.... from the Ultimate collection.

I dont know if you can really call this song a old release because it was basically a collection album for die hard fans. Radio stations and non fans have no idea about this track. I agree with Roger Freidman on this topic that the die hard fan is always in the know of unreleased tracks. Doesn't mean non fans or radio stations know about it.

It is kind of weird to include an already released song on a brand new album.

The media will go crazy about that.

I don't think it's weird at all. I loooooove that song, it's breathtakingly beautiful. Who cares what the media says anyhows???? They get everything wrong - from the motivation for war to all kinds of stuff.....don't y'all know it already? You really shouldn't believe everything you read. And by all means, it shouldn't dictate your tastes and how you feel about/react to people.

I dont know if you can really call this song a old release because it was basically a collection album for die hard fans. Radio stations and non fans have no idea about this track. I agree with Roger Freidman on this topic that the die hard fan is always in the know of unreleased tracks. Doesn't mean non fans or radio stations know about it.

:yes::yes: right on. Just because a few of the fans have heard it, don't mean the public at large who will do the buyin' this time around has. I remember back in December 2004 when the Ultimate Collection came out i was one of the 3/4 people in a rather large country who had purchased the set. Sony Music decided there wasn't any need for more imports. Nowadays i see it in every supermarket way up front. My oh my, how things change.....too darn bad it took June 25th 2009 for so many to cherish Michael and his music.

I don't know much, but one of the lessons i've learnt quite some time ago is that life ain't a question of who and how, but rather of why and when, timing being of utter most importance in most cases.

It was a completed and released track. The Ultimate Collection is still widely available. They're putting a remix of a finished and released song out and billing it as "recently completed". It's "recently remixed" is what it is.

To me, its no different than putting a remix of On The Line or something on the album.

yea it simply really shouldnt be included.. but whatever.. take it for what it is..

this isnt the last MJ album release so yea..

-Dal

The "new" version opens with an introduction of Mike on the phone talking about the song.

Back