I Just Can't Stop Loving You (French version)

and BTW - does this mean songs are beginning to leak already?

The french version has been available for years already

You can find many sources, videos and mp3's with the french version from years back on youtube and other places. Its not leaked just copied from the available sources. I dont think BAD25 will leak. Untill it is released. Just like DBMR didnt leak before it's release. I hope Sony has a firm lock down. Michael hated leaks. he wanted to suprise. The Pepsi remixes are all we will see before release. at least I hope so.

You can find many sources, videos and mp3's with the french version from years back on youtube and other places. Its not leaked just copied from the available sources. I dont think BAD25 will leak. Untill it is released. Just like DBMR didnt leak before it's release. I hope Sony has a firm lock down. Michael hated leaks. he wanted to suprise. The Pepsi remixes are all we will see before release. at least I hope so.

I wish you were right. But in the digital age, everything leaks unfortunately.

Doesn't matter. It will be on the internet up to at least a week before it comes out.
Way of the world, these days.

I don't know what it is about this version, but I've always prefered the spanish one. Maybe 'cause his French isn't really good ...

:black_eye:

The french version has been around for years and just like you I prefer the Spanish too. And just like you it's because his French is not so good to say the least lol. But I love him for trying though haha.

So is it true that the French version really wasn't released before? Not even in France? As I understand it, the Spanish version of IJCSLY was actually released in the 80s on some copies of the Bad album that were released in parts of the USA with alot of Spanish speaking people. Like Southern Florida for example. I'm not 100% sure about that, but I believe I read that somewhere before. If that's true, I would imagine the French version would have at least been released in France.

So is it true that the French version really wasn't released before? Not even in France? As I understand it, the Spanish version of IJCSLY was actually released in the 80s on some copies of the Bad album that were released in parts of the USA with alot of Spanish speaking people. Like Southern Florida for example. I'm not 100% sure about that, but I believe I read that somewhere before. If that's true, I would imagine the French version would have at least been released in France.

I heard IJCSLY a lot on radio stations in the late 80's in South America.
By that time I didn't even realized it was MJ :laugh:
But yes, it was a famous track here.
By the way I always admire MJ's Spanish pronunciation :wub:

For the record, the writer of the French version (Christine Decroix) will be in a TV programme on the French TV channel "NT1". This will be an opportunity to know her better.

As far as I know, the French version never had an official release. It has been on the internet since forever, but always in very low quality.

I don't know if the Spanish version was available in spanish-speaking territories in the US, but it was wide available in Latin America. In Chile it came as the first track of the A side of the Bad cassette (and it wasn't just a limited edition, it was the normal edition that came with this track). In Colombia and México I know that it came in an extra 7'' that you received for free with the purchase of the normal Bad LP. I'm pretty sure this song was never released in Spain (which is very odd!)

I like the spanish version a lot!! It wasn't just a simple literal traduction, the lyrics were brand new created just for this version.

Even if being out for a while it is always nice to hear.
But I do love the spanish more myself.

He does sing the french version in this very sexy way (foreign accents to us frenchies just sound so sweet) but the thing with this song is about the lyrics.. the french lyrics themselves are just... very painful to the ear.
A very bad attempt at staying close to the english words/meaning and the french that comes out is just not french.

Back