I had to go to the hospital. I was ill for 3 months.

ruchie

Proud Member
:smilerolleyes: It started 3 months ago when I discovered I had these sores on my arms. I thought I was bittened by Bed Bugs,I had pain in both of my arms and My nerves was bothering me in the back of my neck and ears. I was scared but I looked it up and found I might have had Shingles(Adult Chicken Pox). Well What I did do about it being at the time I didn't know it actually was I used Rubbing Alcohol(For Bumps),Aleeve(For The Pain) and Gold Bond(For The Itching) It worked and I also played My Wii to counter some of the pain also.Well The swelling went down but I still had to find out what was wrong so I went to the Hospital.They took my vitals but told me I might have Eczema (???, wtf, with the pain I had in both arms and the back of my neck and ears, do you think I had eczema ??) but what they did find is that My Pressure was extremely high and My Blood count was low:( and they told me I had to have a Blood transfusion.I was fightened and I had to talk to my Sister and My Daughter about it. They convinced me to go through with it because it was dire that I was feeling weak at times for some months and that I needed it. Well Scared but willing to go through with it, my daughter and I talked after my Sister went back to the waiting room,It was almost time for my family to leave,The Doctor told me that I didn't need the transfusion but I'ld have to stay overnight to get the pressure down.I agreed but when I got into my room and another doctor came in to tell me that I really needed the transfusion. first I almost cursed the doctor out and then I wanted to talk to my Sister again.She went threw it before and she felt better after that but the reason why I was Scared was Because my mother went threw it and After she had the transfusion,She began to get worse and we wasn't told that our Mother was going to have transfusion.She left this world still not knowing what caused her to leave us.Ok ,After talking with my Sister by phone and She encouraged me to get it over with in her own sweet way ,I went through with it. They hook me up and they were still taking My Pressure in the mean time.And No I couldn't catch a cat nap Because the patient next to me was snoring. LOUD.I almost didn't eat because they had a sign up there stating that i wasn't allowed to eat but it was for the patient that was in the room before me so they gave me food. After all was said and done ,I felt better but my voice is not strong yet and I still feel a little sluggushed,All I need is rest.I was told I didn't have any Diabeties,Cancer,Aids through my blood test but I'm going back for a follow up on my Pressure and I'm being sent to a Dermatologist for my arms because the Doctor couldn't figureout what I have.. I was also told that if I feel I needed another transfusion I could stay until the next day but I didn't really needed it so I came home.I stayed Almost a day in a half. I just thank God I'm still here with my family and I ask God to thank the person who gave their Juice of Life to help me live alittle longer because if I didn't make that Decision to have The Transfusion,I wouldn't be have to write this to you all. :D
I wrote enough.
Peace

Glad you are feeling better. That sounds like it was scary. I was admitted into the hospital overnight for one day just last weekend and it was like being in prison.

Edit: What hospital did you go to?

Glad you are feeling better. That sounds like it was scary. I was admitted into the hospital overnight for one day just last weekend and it was like being in prison.

Edit: What hospital did you go to?

Kings County Hospital and I didn't get any sleep. I was Born there but being that I had to have this Transfusion,I didn't want to die there. It was a Scary thing to me,I never had to go through this before but I'm glad I did in a way because I still have alot of living to do. I just have to take my Meds,Go to my Hospital Appointments and take it easy.
I'm glad you're ok also,What Happened to you Suzy? why did you had to go to the Hospital ?

:smilerolleyes: It started 3 months ago when I discovered I had these sores on my arms. I thought I was bittened by Bed Bugs,I had pain in both of my arms and My nerves was bothering me in the back of my neck and ears. I was scared but I looked it up and found I might have had Shingles(Adult Chicken Pox). Well What I did do about it being at the time I didn't know it actually was I used Rubbing Alcohol(For Bumps),Aleeve(For The Pain) and Gold Bond(For The Itching) It worked and I also played My Wii to counter some of the pain also.Well The swelling went down but I still had to find out what was wrong so I went to the Hospital.They took my vitals but told me I might have Eczema (???, wtf, with the pain I had in both arms and the back of my neck and ears, do you think I had eczema ??) but what they did find is that My Pressure was extremely high and My Blood count was low:( and they told me I had to have a Blood transfusion.I was fightened and I had to talk to my Sister and My Daughter about it. They convinced me to go through with it because it was dire that I was feeling weak at times for some months and that I needed it. Well Scared but willing to go through with it, my daughter and I talked after my Sister went back to the waiting room,It was almost time for my family to leave,The Doctor told me that I didn't need the transfusion but I'ld have to stay overnight to get the pressure down.I agreed but when I got into my room and another doctor came in to tell me that I really needed the transfusion. first I almost cursed the doctor out and then I wanted to talk to my Sister again.She went threw it before and she felt better after that but the reason why I was Scared was Because my mother went threw it and After she had the transfusion,She began to get worse and we wasn't told that our Mother was going to have transfusion.She left this world still not knowing what caused her to leave us.Ok ,After talking with my Sister by phone and She encouraged me to get it over with in her own sweet way ,I went through with it. They hook me up and they were still taking My Pressure in the mean time.And No I couldn't catch a cat nap Because the patient next to me was snoring. LOUD.I almost didn't eat because they had a sign up there stating that i wasn't allowed to eat but it was for the patient that was in the room before me so they gave me food. After all was said and done ,I felt better but my voice is not strong yet and I still feel a little sluggushed,All I need is rest.I was told I didn't have any Diabeties,Cancer,Aids through my blood test but I'm going back for a follow up on my Pressure and I'm being sent to a Dermatologist for my arms because the Doctor couldn't figureout what I have.. I was also told that if I feel I needed another transfusion I could stay until the next day but I didn't really needed it so I came home.I stayed Almost a day in a half. I just thank God I'm still here with my family and I ask God to thank the person who gave their Juice of Life to help me live alittle longer because if I didn't make that Decision to have The Transfusion,I wouldn't be have to write this to you all. :D
I wrote enough.
Peace

So sorry you had to go through all this.... Must have been quite a scare... When you feel health is fading, you feel like all life is. ..Wish you best of health for the future. ..

Kings County Hospital and I didn't get any sleep. I was Born there but being that I had to have this Transfusion,I didn't want to die there. It was a Scary thing to me,I never had to go through this before but I'm glad I did in a way because I still have alot of living to do. I just have to take my Meds,Go to my Hospital Appointments and take it easy.
I'm glad you're ok also,What Happened to you Suzy? why did you had to go to the Hospital ?

Ah Kings County. That blood transfusion probably saved your life. Glad you are home and feeling better. There's no place like home!

I woke up in the middle of the night with abdominal pains. Stayed in Lenox Hill hospital in Manhattan overnight. They are telling me I should have my gallbladder removed soon. But I'm all better now that I'm out of that gloomy hospital/jail.

Stay well!

Ah Kings County. That blood transfusion probably saved your life. Glad you are home and feeling better. There's no place like home!

I woke up in the middle of the night with abdominal pains. Stayed in Lenox Hill hospital in Manhattan overnight. They are telling me I should have my gallbladder removed soon. But I'm all better now that I'm out of that gloomy hospital/jail.

Stay well!

A Gallbladder being taken out is an ouch and at The Famous Lenox Hill too. I'm glad you're better Suzy. My Sister had that. She was in pain after that was done but she was heeled and went on with life. Kings County is like a Jail too,Only thing I was laughing at The New Air Beds.Everytime it deflates ,It reflates. That was fun.Everything else wasn't.3 hrs of a Blood Drip.Augh and No TV to watch to pass the time.Pressure being taken and Drawing of Blood.My left and right arm was sore.I'm glad that's over.
Thanks for the well wish.I'll try to Stay Well.

A Gallbladder being taken out is an ouch and at The Famous Lenox Hill too. I'm glad you're better Suzy. My Sister had that. She was in pain after that was done but she was heeled and went on with life. Kings County is like a Jail too,Only thing I was laughing at The New Air Beds.Everytime it deflates ,It reflates. That was fun.Everything else wasn't.3 hrs of a Blood Drip.Augh and No TV to watch to pass the time.Pressure being taken and Drawing of Blood.My left and right arm was sore.I'm glad that's over.
Thanks for the well wish.I'll try to Stay Well.

They have air beds there? LOL! That's funny! I had a headache the entire time. I always get a headache when I stay in the hospital. They left me without food for hours at a time because I had to fast for tests. My body is not used to food deprivation it went into shock, heh! And it was a Saturday so although I paid for TV there was nothing on. I had magazines with me and my smart phone but I couldn't read anything with that nagging hospital headache. No more hospitals for us! ;)

Back