i got a trojan on my laptop

man.in.the.mirror

Proud Member
my antivirus told me i had A trojan,so i did a scan and it found all the things that were on my computer,and at the end of the scan it had the option to delete and remove,well after this, i looked in quarantine,and the trojan is locked in quarantine,is my computer safe now?if the trojan is in quarantine,and also i read somewhere that you shouldn,t delete it from quarantine for atleast a couple of months incase it is involved with some other file on your computer,is this correct?

also i would like to add,be careful what links and stuff you click on,
i mostly look at michael and the jacksons related stuff,it does seem that these horrible people that spread these viruses are targeting michael jackson related stuff,because they know we are going to be looking through stuff,

yes it ok if its in Q. they just sometimes send it there because if u delate it or the files its on it may effect other things. didint your virus block it from getting into the system in the first place? what AV do u use

yes it ok if its in Q. they just sometimes send it there because if u delate it or the files its on it may effect other things. didint your virus block it from getting into the system in the first place? what AV do u use
what it was i was trying to watch the jacksons family dynasty online part 3,so i clicked on a link and it brought me a video like you tube,but then a message came up to say i needed to install missing plug-ins so i clicked to install,then avg my antivirus came up saying malicious software,and i had the option tpo move it to vault,which i did,but it has still infected my computer,i have installed some other software to remove it,and yesterday the other software i found ran a scan and moved the trojan to quarantine,but it is still effecting my computer,

i keep getting re-directed to other malicous sites when i search with google.
i believe it,s called the google re-direct virus,but i can,t get rid of it,
this is so frustrating,especially at this time,
i get myself so stressed out over things like these.

what it was i was trying to watch the jacksons family dynasty online part 3,so i clicked on a link and it brought me a video like you tube,but then a message came up to say i needed to install missing plug-ins so i clicked to install,then avg my antivirus came up saying malicious software,and i had the option tpo move it to vault,which i did,but it has still infected my computer,i have installed some other software to remove it,and yesterday the other software i found ran a scan and moved the trojan to quarantine,but it is still effecting my computer,

i keep getting re-directed to other malicous sites when i search with google.
i believe it,s called the google re-direct virus,but i can,t get rid of it,
this is so frustrating,especially at this time,
i get myself so stressed out over things like these.

Have you tried to do a system restore and get rid of the program that you installed that has the infected file? sometimes that also works too.

I recently got a Trojan from some site do to a program I installed and I tried to use my virus program 9I used system suite) to get rid of it but no luck, it just put it into quarantine so then a computer mate of mine suggested to do a system restore and since then I haven't had any problems.

Maybe it might be the same for you?

Have you tried to do a system restore and get rid of the program that you installed that has the infected file? sometimes that also works too.

I recently got a Trojan from some site do to a program I installed and I tried to use my virus program 9I used system suite) to get rid of it but no luck, it just put it into quarantine so then a computer mate of mine suggested to do a system restore and since then I haven't had any problems.

Maybe it might be the same for you?
thanks michael lover,i had a trojan a couple of months back aswell,thats why i think they are targeting mj related things,because i don,t really look up anything else,
so last time i had a trojan i bought kaspersky which removed the trojan as far as i am aware,but every time i switchewd my computer off and back on it couldn,t acces kaspersky so i had to uninstall it,
about a week later my husbands mate came round and did a complete system restore removed everything back to factory settings,and i,ve been o.k up untill now,anyway when i found i had a trojan again i tried installing kaspersky again,this time it has worked for me,
and it found 15 trojans,can,t believe it,15 trojans from clicking on that one link,
so at the moment i hope it is fixed,i did a couple more scans after and it didn,t find anymore,

will have to read up abpout kaspersky,because i am not quite sure how it works,i mean it had a message come up that said it couldn,t delete a couple of them,but does this mean,it can,t delete them incase they are attatched to important programmes,but will put them in quarantine?.
thanks both of you for your advice,i,ll let you know how it all gets on,

Back