I got a ticket for not wearing helmet ; court date in 2 weeks...

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Okay so I know it sounds so stupid but I was not aware of the VA state law that you have to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle. I was on the back seat. So I got a ticket and actually today paid but theres a hearing set for 9/30 at 9:00 AM and was wondering if its mandatory to go to court??

Has anyone else gotten a ticket?? What state? - All states are different. Is there a fine I have to pay if I do not show up???

I thought it was mandatory you had to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle period...no matter where you live....why wouldn't you? I'm not familiar with the States laws, so who knows....but I sure as hell wouldn't get on a motorcycle without a helmet...just sayin'...

Oh my goodness, even if it weren't the law, you should wear a helmet anyway!! wow... I hope that you'll always, always, always wear one in the future. its sooo dangerous, you have no other protection!

Please be careful!

And I hope you wont have to go to the court hearing. You could call the local police to find out.

Thank you. **I should make it clear and not that it matters but anyway- it was my first time on a motorcyle. As I said before I know it sounds stupid but I simply was not aware of the law. I have seen other people on a bike here with no helmet.

Girl you post the dumbest threads. For real. Habitually.

And where I live (Wisconsin) you can just pay the fine by mail, or go to the court date if you wish to argue the charge against you.

It should be law to wear a helmet. If we have to wear a seat belt in a vehicle, motorcyclist have to wear a helmet. Fair's fair

I'm not saying its not fair. I was just askin other ppl's experiences if any....

Back