I gave my hairdresser a generous tip because she was an MJ fan

Agent M

Proud Member
I was getting a haircut when TWYMMF came on the radio. That got me talking about Michael's death and how devestated I was about it and how frustrated I was with everyone telling me to "move on" and "get over it." Anyway, she said she knew how I felt since she was an MJ fan too and that got us talking about our collections and various MJ trivia. She also mentioned she and her friends had attended some local commemorations. Well, after my haircut was done, I gave her what I thought was a generous tip, a gratuity equivalent to over 80% of the price of the cut. I usually don't do this but a shared interest in MJ made me overcome my frugalness on that occasion.:)

Last edited:
Re: I gave my haidresser a generous tip because she was an MJ fan

awesome!! that is very cool! :)

LOOOOL
I find myself doing things like that, too. It's been like that for years, when I found out someone's a Michael fan I tended to look at them in a different way than anyone else - like they were a long time friend, even though I just met them. :D
I feel a weird kind of bond with fellow Michael fans, I can't explain it.

I was getting a haircut when TWYMMF came on the radio. That got me talking about Michael's death and how devestated I was about it and how frustrated I was with everyone telling me to "move on" and "get over it." Anyway, she said she knew how I felt since she was an MJ fan too and that got us talking about our collections and various MJ trivia. She also mentioned she and her friends had attended some local commemorations. Well, after my haircut was done, I gave her what I thought was a generous tip, a gratuity equivalent to over 80% of the price of the cut. I usually don't do this but a shared interest in MJ made me overcome my frugalness on that occasion.:)

As you should have, my dear.;D Anyone who loves our MJ should always get extra special treatment!;)

did that with a bartender at cheesecake factory.... it was mid july.. we were both staring at the TV.... he kept saying how sad... having red beat it jacket, his music, there will never be another.......
i knew he had to mean it and was genuine b/c he wouldn't stop talking for the whole time I was there enjoying a good meal.... LIKE AN HOUR......
i am sure he appreciated the tip.. as much as i appreciated hearing all the positive things he had said....

LOOOOL
I find myself doing things like that, too. It's been like that for years, when I found out someone's a Michael fan I tended to look at them in a different way than anyone else - like they were a long time friend, even though I just met them. :D
I feel a weird kind of bond with fellow Michael fans, I can't explain it.[/quote]
:yes::yes::yes:
We are family!! lol.
MJ sure does know how to bring ppl together

LOOOOL
I feel a weird kind of bond with fellow Michael fans, I can't explain it.

This is exactly what I do! It's as if I've spotted a new quality in them or something.

How much was the haircut? ;-)

The haircut was $35 (CAN). It was my special 'back to school' (actually university) cut. Like I said, I almost never ever tip that much but it was a spur of the moment thing brought on by a genuine shared interest in Michael.

Well done,but dont let others take advantage of your weakness.

Back