I Believe Michael Jackson Is an Empath-Read Holly's Post

CherubimII

Proud Member
quote name='Holly' date='Apr 27 2010, 10:36 PM' post='1333975']
Thank you Holly.
giveheart.gif

2-2.jpg

I think Michael was an Empath - he actually felt the physical suffering of so many that he couldn't bear to watch tv news. As a child watching images of African children starving, he told his mother he was going to 'do something about that one day'.
In Barbara Kauffnman's essay 'Man In The Mirror : A Tribute to Michael Jackson' she says -'Michael was obviously an empath. When Michael felt, it was acutely, exquisitely.'

There is a great discussion here about Empaths
Empaths
http://healing.about.com/cs/empathic/a/uc_empathtraits.htm[/url"]http://healing.about.com/cs/empathic/a/uc_empathtraits.htm"]http://healing.about.com/cs/empathic/a/uc_empathtraits.htm[/url]
Here are some extracts - I have made the bits I think fit Michael bold. When you reads the lyrics to Shout or Earth Song or so many othes - he was so in tune with other peoples suffering.
Empathy is the ability to read and understand people and be in-tune with or resonate with others, voluntarily or involuntarily of one's empath capacity.

Many empaths are unaware of how this actually works, and have long accepted that they were sensitive to others.
Empaths are sensitive to TV, videos, movies, news and broadcasts. Violence or emotional dramas depicting shocking scenes of physical or emotional pain inflicted on adults, children or animals can bring an empath easily to tears. At times, they may feel physically ill or choke back the tears. Some empaths will struggle to comprehend any such cruelty, and will have grave difficulty in expressing themselves in the face of another's ignorance, closed-mindedness and obvious lack of compassion. They simply cannot justify the suffering they feel and see.

Empaths Sense Deep Emotions
Empaths experience empathy towards family, children, friends, close associates, complete strangers, pets, plants and inanimate objects. Empathy is not held by time or space. Thus, an empath can feel the emotions of people and things at a distance. Some are empathic towards animals (ie: The Horse Whisperer), to nature, to the planetary system, to mechanical devices or to buildings etc. Others will have a combination of the above.
Empaths Have Deep Sense of Knowing

Empaths are highly sensitive. This is the term commonly used in describing one's abilities (sensitivity) to another's emotions and feelings. Empaths have a deep sense of knowing that accompanies empathy and are often compassionate, considerate, and understanding of others.

There are also varying levels of strength in empaths which may be related to the individualís awareness of self, understanding of the powers of empathy, and/or the acceptance or non-acceptance of empathy by those associated with them, including family and peers. Generally, those who are empathic grow up with these tendencies* and do not learn about them until later in life.
*What I said above about Michael feeling peoples pain even as a child.

Words of expression hold an energetic pattern that originates from the speaker. They have a specific meaning particular to the speaker. Behind that expression is a power or force-field, better known as energy. For example, hate often brings about an intense feeling that immediately accompanies the word. The word hate becomes strengthened with the speaker's feeling. It is that person's feelings (energy) that are picked up by empaths, whether the words are spoken, thought or just felt without verbal or bodily expression.

Empaths are often poets in motion. They are the born writers, singers, and artists with a high degree of creativity and imagination. They are known for many talents as their interests are varied, broad and continual, loving, loyal and humorous. They often have interests in many cultures and view them with a broad-minded perspective
They are mother, father, child, friend, nurse, caregiver, teacher, doctor, sales people... to psychic, clairvoyant, healer, etc. (That is not to say that any of these categories are all empaths.) The list is extensive and really unimportant. It is more important to notice that empaths are everywhere--in every culture and throughout the world.

Empaths Are Good Listeners
Empaths are often very affectionate in personality and expression, great listeners and counselors (and not just in the professional area). They will find themselves helping others and often putting their own needs aside to do so. In the same breath, they can be much the opposite. They may be quiet, withdrawn from the outside world,, loners, depressed, neurotic, life's daydreamers, or even narcissistic

They are most often passionate towards nature and respect its bountiful beauty. One will often find empaths enjoying the outdoors, beaches, walking, etc. Empaths may find themselves continually drawn to nature as a form of release. It is the opportune place to recapture their senses and gain a sense of peace in the hectic lives they may live. The time to get away from it all and unwind with nature becomes essential to the empath. Animals are often dear to the heart of empaths, not as a power object, but as a natural love. It is not uncommon for empaths to have more than one pet in their homes.

Empaths have a tendency to openly feel what is outside of them more so than what is inside of them. This can cause empaths to ignore their own needs. In general an empath is non-violent, non-aggressive and leans more towards being the peacemaker. Any area filled with disharmony creates an uncomfortable feeling in an empath. If they find themselves in the middle of a confrontation, they will endeavor to settle the situation as quickly as possible, if not avoid it all together. If any harsh words are expressed in defending themselves, they will likely resent their lack of self-control, and have a preference to peacefully resolve the problem quickly.

People of all walks of life and animals are attracted to the warmth and genuine compassion of empaths. Regardless of whether others are aware of one being empathic, people are drawn to them as a metal object is to a magnet! They are like beacons of light.
Even complete strangers find it easy to talk to empaths about the most personal things, and before they know it, they have poured out their hearts and souls without intending to do so consciously. It is as though on a sub-conscious level that person knows instinctively that empaths would listen with compassionate understanding.
Here are the listeners of life. Empaths are often problem solvers, thinkers, and studiers of many things. As far as empaths are concerned, where a problem is, so too is the answer. They often will search until they find one--if only for peace of mind.
Written by Christel Broederlow Copyright © 2002 Christel Broederlow Shortened Version from The Empath Report 101
Shout by Michael Jackson
Ignorance of people purchasing diamonds and necklaces,
And barely able to keep the payments up on their lessons,
And enrolled in a class and don't know who the professor is,
How low people go for the dough and make a mess of things,
Kids are murdering other kids for the fun of it,
Instead of using their mind or their fist, they put a gun in it
Wanna be a part of a clique, don't know who?s running it,
Tragedy on top of tragedy you know it's killing me.
So many people in agony, this should't have to be,
Too busy focusing on ourselves and not His Majesty,
There has to be some type of change for this day and age,
We gotta rearrange and flip the page,
Living encaged like animals and cannibals,
Eating each other alive just to survive the nine to five,
Every single day is trouble while we struggle and strive
Peace of mind's so hard to find.
------------------------------------
I just thought of something else.
In Dancing the Dream, Michael felt the pain of these dolphins so acutely that he stopped dancing.
Enough For Today
by Michael Jackson
Dance rehearsals can go on past midnight, but this time I stopped at ten. "I hope you don't mind," I said, looking up into space, "but that's enough for today."
A voice from the control room spoke. "You okay?"
"A little tired, I guess," I said.
I slipped on a windbreaker and headed down the hall. Running footsteps came up behind me. I was pretty sure who they belonged to. "I know you too well," she said, catching up with me. "What's really wrong?"
I hesitated. "Well, I don't know how this sounds, but I saw a picture today in the papers. A dolphin had drowned in a fishing net. From the way its body was tangled in the lines, you could read so much agony. Its eyes were vacant, yet there was still that smile, the one dolphins never lose, even when they die..." My voice trailed off.
She put her hand lightly in mine. "I know, I know."
"No, you don't know all of it yet. It's not just that I felt sad, or had to face the fact that an innocent being had died. Dolphins love to dance -- of all the creatures in the sea, that's their mark. Asking nothing from us, they cavort in the waves while we marvel. They race ahead of ships, not to get there first but to tell us, 'It's all meant to be play. Keep to your course, but dance while you do it.' "So there I was, in the middle of rehearsal, and I thought, 'They're killing a dance.' And then it seemed only right to stop. I can't keep the dance from being killed, but at least I can pause in memory, as one dancer to another. Does that make any sense?"
Her eyes were tender. "Sure, in its way. Probably we'll wait years before everyone agrees on how to solve this thing. So many interests are involved. But it's too frustrating waiting for improvements tomorrow. Your heart wanted to have its say now."
"Yes," I said, pushing the door open for her. "I just had this feeling, and that's enough for today."
-By Michael Jackson-
[/quote]

Last edited:
Wonderful...

Of course he was an Empath.

That was one of the things that stood out in "Living with MJ", Bashir's incredulous stare and repeated question of "why do you care so much?" (one of the dumbest questions EVER asked on this planet). He always said "I feel their pain."

In the new unreleased minutes he's explaining once more how depressed he gets about a child's death, it obviously affects him deeply.

But being an Empath doesn't just mean empathizing in sympathy, it literally can mean taking someone's emotion on as their own. And that's where it gets difficult when you don't how to deal with the emotion's of others, when you don't know how NOT to take them on as your own.

He even described that in his music dancing.
Interviewer: What’s going through your mind when you’re dancing?”

MJ: NOT THINKING! Thinking is the biggest mistake a dancer can make. You have to FEEL.
You become the bass and the strings and the fanfare.

"So, you're almost a physical embodiment of the instruments?"

"Yeah, absolutely."

And that is exactly what an empath can do- take that on as HIS own emotion.

The way he described himself made it clear to me that he was an empath and even more than just that...While music on paper and even in the basic execution is pure thought- music is absolutely NOTHING without the emotion that makes it music. What does the sound of a cello feel like? Warm? What does an electric guitar with 5000 effects feel like? "Becoming" the music is being an empath.

I applaud him even more, being an empath and visiting all these orphanages and children's hospitals- because for an empath who might not know how to handle other people's pain, such visits come at a high price- pain for the empath. There is a lot of pain and fear and a boatload of other emotions in any orphanage and hospitals. I just remember last night's documentary with DiLeo mentioned sitting in the corner crying on of those visits because it was just too much to do- yet Michael the empath did them. That's a lot of pain.

But in all that pain I am glad for him too- because standing in front of a sold out stadium with 70000 people loving you to pieces must be the best feeling in the world for an empath. :D
It also explains the love for standing on stage in the first place- because you do a good job- and people will simply love it- for an empath a great thing to feel.

This all makes sense. Also, one could say that Michael was an empath regarding his fans. He could empathize with them, understand what they felt. That's why he was always so nice to them and appreciated them.

I think I'm one of these...to a much, much MUCH lesser degree. I sure do see myself in this paragraph:

In general an empath is non-violent, non-aggressive and leans more towards being the peacemaker. Any area filled with disharmony creates an uncomfortable feeling in an empath. If they find themselves in the middle of a confrontation, they will endeavor to settle the situation as quickly as possible, if not avoid it all together. If any harsh words are expressed in defending themselves, they will likely resent their lack of self-control, and have a preference to peacefully resolve the problem quickly.

I have enjoyed reading all of your comments.
Thank you. javascript:add_smilie(":flowers:","smid_3")

Wow, something that is worth reading and one that makes sense. Thank you for sharing this. The last part gets ya. He really cared about the world and everything in it.

Back