How well do you think TII DVD/Bluray will sell?

Its predicted that over 30 million people turned out worldwide to go see it at the cinema, I'm unsure how much it will sell on DVD though as households will usually buy 1 copy of the DVD whereas at the cinema each family member is counted individually!

I would say 10 million worldwide would be a good result.

This Is It DVD sells over 777,000 copies in its 1st week just in Japan !!! Simply amazing!!!

Japan contributed 25% of 'This Is It's box office total, so if the same is true for the DVD/Blu Ray release, then perhaps the total global first week sales (for all markets combined and taking into account they're released at different times) could be approximately 3.1million copies.
We won't get all territories' first week sales for a few weeks yet, by which time the territories who released it first (i.e. Japan, USA etc) will have several weeks sales added to their total.

I would make an estimate (a.k.a wild guess) that by the end of the 1st week in March, the DVD and Blu Ray will have sold a combined worldwide total of 5 million copies. Fingers crossed....

THIS IS IT is #1 on US and Canadian I-Tunes Movie Charts and has been there for 5-6 days! From my own experience, people are scooping up this movie in droves. When I purchased my copy last Tuesday Wal-Mart had all the TV's playing TII and people were watching intently. It will for sure be #1 on DVD charts....without a doubt. It's #1 on Amazon, DVD sites, I-Tunes, and movie stores. Just wait

I'm just curious - why did MJ stay with Sony if Sony treated him so bad????

The sales figure of TII for its first week in Japan (DVD/Blu-ray combined) is 1,039,000 copies, 4,270,000,000 yen (47.5 million US dollars)! Wow!!!

Last edited:
Are you sure you posted these figures correctly??? Where did you find these figures???

I make it in excess of 777k 1st week in Japan! 47.5 million dollars from 103k is impossible.

The sales figure of TII for its first week in Japan (DVD/Blu-ray combined) is 103,9000 copies, 4,270,000,000 yen (47.5 million US dollars)! Wow!!!

that shit better be a damn #1 seller lol i need to go back and get my 2DVD disc set from Walmart.

Are you sure you posted these figures correctly??? Where did you find these figures???

I make it in excess of 777k 1st week in Japan! 47.5 million dollars from 103k is impossible.
Sorry, the comma was in the wrong position (and one comma less). I corrected the number. Over ONE MILLION copies were sold in Japan. Isn't that amazing???

If Japan is anything to go by, this will be MJ's biggest selling DVD ever!

I think it will sell pretty good.

It will hit #1 many places around the world.

Here's the info you've been waiting for.

THIS IS IT’ SCORES BIG
This Is It, the concert film about the comeback tour that never happened, shot to No. 1 on the national home video sales charts during its first week in stores, selling an estimated 1.2 million copies. That's believed to be a record for first-week sales of a music film.

I'm just curious - why did MJ stay with Sony if Sony treated him so bad????

I believe, he was under contratc with them to release a certain number of albums and could not severe his relationship with them until his contractural obligation was fulfilled.

Here's the info you've been waiting for.

THIS IS IT’ SCORES BIG
This Is It, the concert film about the comeback tour that never happened, shot to No. 1 on the national home video sales charts during its first week in stores, selling an estimated 1.2 million copies. That's believed to be a record for first-week sales of a music film.

1.2M is very impressive...but after seeing the numbers for Japan :wild: 1.2M doesn't look as impressive.

Japan is really MJ's turf.

1.2M is very impressive...but after seeing the numbers for Japan :wild: 1.2M doesn't look as impressive.

Japan is really MJ's turf.
The dvd/blu-ray isn't out in UK and Germany yet. 22.feb is the release date.
So this is just 1st week US and maybe japan. The numbers are going to be a lot higher, when it's finally out around the world.

In Denmark it will be released 25. feb I think.

Can't wait for the blu-ray to come.

The dvd/blu-ray isn't out in UK and Germany yet. 22.feb is the release date.
So this is just 1st week US and maybe japan. The numbers are going to be a lot higher, when it's finally out around the world.

Nope.

1.2 million is North America only.

It's over 2 million in 1 week, with sales just from US and Japan added together!

Does anyone have any info on sales figures so far worldwide??? I know that the DVD is doing great in the US as after 3 weeks on sale it is still in 3rd place on the charts, only 2 new entries this week keeping it from the top position! Last week it was kept off the top by new entry Zombieland, which falls to number 4 in its second week, therefore it seems MJ is doing great and sales must be holding pretty good.

Back