How was Jam going to start Live?

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Was Jam going to start how it did in the movie or different for the concert because we only hear the rhythm guitar first and then everything else comes in later. It wouldnt start like it did on the Dangerous Tour because MJ was "toasted" first.

We know for sure the dancers would use the toaster. Even then, how do they get under the stage? Assuming there's no interlude between WBSS and Jam, they have no time, as all the dancers were behind Michael during WBSS. Unless that wasn't the planned order?

No one ever said if Michael himself would use it I believe. It was just said, in some article, that the toaster would be used.

For all we know, the lineup that appeared on the movie was not what he final lineup would be for the concerts. Jam could have been the eventual opening song after Lightman and MJ's arrival.

Would seem fitting to me to do lightman, with MJ coming out of him, then flicking his hands to have the guys come out of the toasters to "Jam"

I agree. This makes more sense.

BTW, I really like the new arrangement in Jam. I wonder if Bearden came up with it?

For all we know, the lineup that appeared on the movie was not what he final lineup would be for the concerts. Jam could have been the eventual opening song after Lightman and MJ's arrival.

Would seem fitting to me to do lightman, with MJ coming out of him, then flicking his hands to have the guys come out of the toasters to "Jam"

The movie and extras specifically state that WBSS is the song that MJ sings after coming out of Light Man. It also states that MJ will be wearing the white suit with crystals and those huge shoulders etc for WBSS.

I dont know if TII (movie) was the set list for the concert (I dont think it was) but it doesnt appear that the it was properly rehearsed.

WBSS would start the show, I assume only a few 4-6 Dancers came out for that, then 2-4 others jump out for Jam, assume there would have been a 20-30 second break between tracks but so talking, just toasted then straight into Jam, thats what I think anyway.

WBSS would start the show, I assume only a few 4-6 Dancers came out for that, then 2-4 others jump out for Jam, assume there would have been a 20-30 second break between tracks but so talking, just toasted then straight into Jam, thats what I think anyway.

That's exactly it.

WBSS starts with Michael alone. In the middle break of WBBS 4 dancers jump out/get toasted. You can see them kneeing in some of the scenes, where the toaster wasn't istalled yet.
Jam continues with the 4 dancers, till the middle dance break, where the other 4 jump out.
What we seen in the begining of Jam is how they learn the toast, nothing more.
That's the order it was rehaersed in the early stage (red panths) and last days. And i think the Jam intro is what we hear in the movie, just maybe little shorter.

Back