How was it when MJ done BJ at Motown 25?

Petarkco

Proud Member
Ive seen the Thriller version of this topic and wanted to make one for Billie Jean on Motown 25.

The first time I saw it was last year on the Thriller 25 dvd and I was mesmerized.

The first time I saw his Motown 25 performance of Billie Jean when I was 6 years old, that was 27 years ago, I was totally mesmerized!! My cousins were watching it with me and they were all amazed but I was much more than that, we rewind to see it again for several times. I couldn’t believe that someone could deliver such huge amount of emotions in a performance, it was like he was possessed! And I was only 6 years old and maybe at that age things may seem to me bigger than what they really are, but nowadays when I watch it again I still have the same feelings I had when I was a child. :heart:

It blew me away. First of all all the Jackson brother were together performing which was amazing alone. The when he did BJ he just went off into his own orbit and stunned everyone.

Of course I've spoken on this several times, and everybody's probably sick of me talking about it so much lol

But yeah, it was absolutely AMAZING. It's one of my greatest childhood memories in fact.

The whole thing was great, starting with the Jackson 5 reunion and then his solo performance of Billie Jean.....to a little kid like me back then, that night was just awe-inspiring.

I was actually going to create a thread like this before too long. I'm wondering how many more people here also remember watching this back in 1983?

Back