How to open Nero backit Up files?

raingirl

Proud Member
I have a dvd +R disc with saved files (done with Nero BackItUp program) from my old computer that I don't have anymore. when I tried to open it I got what looks like an encrypted file that has an extension of .doc.nco. And something about NBI-file? I have word files, video and picture files on it and maybe something else too. How do I open the file in word so it can be read.

I googled and got this advice but for me it doesn't even offer that "Exctact all..." option.
This is a "furphy" (It is pointing you in the wrong direction).

I simply googled ".nco file" and one of the entries that I found was this one ...

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/nco

This indicates that the .nco file is created by Nero BackItUp. Either use Nero to open the file, or try the tip suggested, which is ...

Right-click on the file, and from the menu that pops up, select "Extract all ... " and extract the contents of the file to a place that you can remember (for example, your Desktop). You can then see the files that were contained in the .nco file. (If the .nco file was indeed encrypted, I doubt that there is much that can be done, but hopefully encryption was not used.)
I downloaded Nero Lite yesterday but it doesn't help me at all with opening files. OR I just don't know how to use it. I hope I don't have to get the full version of Nero (so far I have used the free versions or maybe a trial version) I have WinRAR but it's also a free (trial) version.

Have you actually tried to extract it with WinRAR? I think the "trial / free" version of it is actually the same as the paid version because it never actually runs out, I've had it for years.

I just tried but win rar can't open it.
I know it always ask to 'buy it' but you just click close and it allows you to continue. :D

And I DL the Nero free trail version but I have no idea how to use it. I just spent 30 minutes trying to open the files but i did something else and it didn't open the files...

Back