How One 'Non-Fan' Feels About MJ And The Media

billyworld99

Proud Member
We all know that most Michael Jackson fans believe the media coverage of the King of Pop has been distorted, self serving, and just plain mean. But what about those who are not fans? How do they feel? Well, Victoria E. Christopherson was not a Michael Jackson fan, at least not until after he died. When that happened, she began on her own massive research of Jackson and she recently told Swafnews what she discovered and what thinks of the situation. Here is what she had to say:

When Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009, I honestly did not care. My impressions of him were the ever-present pictures I would see on the tabloid covers when I would enter the grocery checkout. Those freakish pictures of him, for years and years. And the ever-present child molestation charges. Other than that, I knew very little about him. So I decided to find out for myself by checking the internet for articles and YouTube for videos.

I was not prepared for what I saw of taped interviews of Michael Jackson and of his fantastic, out-of-this world concert performances. To my surprise, by the time of his memorial at the Staples Center on July 7, 2009, I was grief-stricken. I took a vacation day from work, watched the memorial, and cried like a baby. I cried as if for a beloved brother. Not a freak-show character as portrayed by the media, but a beautiful, loving, sweet human being. A person who put his money where his mouth is, for the good of others, to our utter shame. And the greatest entertainer. I became a fan.

In viewing interviews of Michael Jackson, I could not help but be impressed by a kind, beautiful persona. But what about the child-molestation charges? The more I tried to resolve some of my questions about his life, the more I would encounter massive contradictions in the articles about him.

I would often see articles that were exactly the same, but have one massive fact reported differently. It seemed like intentional disinformation. For example, articles would cover Jordan Chandler's description of Jackson being circumcised. (Jordan Chandler was the 13-year old accuser/1993). Another would say Jordan Chandler described him as uncircumcised. (He was uncircumcised by the way).

On and on, it was shocking. However, I discovered that some investigative reporters had published articles and even books about the molestation charges, giving the opinion that Michael Jackson was not guilty. Some even thought he was framed, giving reasoned arguments (see "Was Michael Jackson Framed?" by Mary A Fischer, GQ magazine, 1994).

That is when I encountered Aphrodite Jones book, "The Michael Jackson Conspiracy." A New York Times best-selling author of true crime books, she covered the 2005 Jackson trial for Fox News.

She had thought Michael Jackson was guilty going in, but changed her mind after the 14 not-guilty verdicts were pronounced. Everyone in the media was shocked, including her. She decided to do her own research on the trial and write a book.

One shocking fact: no publisher would touch a pro-Jackson book. No publisher would touch a pro-Jackson book??? Not even from a best-selling author? So she had to self-publish. Tom Messereau, Michael Jackson's brilliant attorney, wrote the forward. The book was an eye-opener to what lengths a District Attorney and the media will go to pervert justice.

So when, on the early morning of April 29, 2010, I entered "michaeljackson" in Google news, I found an entry for: Aphrodite Jones True Crime: Michael Jackson, an episode to air on Investigation Discovery Channel on the following day, April 30th.

The entry showed 3 articles. I hoped that the media would discuss the airing of the program, so that people could see the other side of the story. Because there is another side.

By noon, April 29th, I found another entry for an allegation that Michael Jackson had a gay lover at the end of his life. Extra, an entertainment television program, was airing two interviews of Jason Pfeiffer, the alleged gay lover. Pfeiffer is an employee of Dr Arnold Klein, Jackson's dermatologist and friend, who was corroborating the story.

I was livid, because in my research, Michael Jackson always denied being gay. And even if he was gay, why are the lover and friend going to the tabloid press???

This was the very thing Jackson complained of. Jackson hated the tabloid press and wanted his privacy. He wrote songs about these issues. And these were his friends???

Fans blogged and protested vehemently. Extra cancelled Part 2 of the interview. But the timing of this story was suspect. Aphrodite Jones' program would air the next night, a program which defended Michael Jackson against the child molestation charges. Could all this be by design?

As of May 3, 2010, Google news shows 99 stories for Michael Jackson's gay lover and 3 stories for Aphrodite Jones True Crime program, the same 3 stories from April 29, 2010. The media didn't touch it.

Aphrodite Jones: "The conspiracy is between the media and the DA to make Michael Jackson appear to be the guiltiest person on the planet, when in truth, no one could be more humble or more talented or more loving than Michael Jackson."

wow! thanks for posting! now if the rest of the public could follow suit :mello: :angel:

she said she knew little about Michael, before he died, but she later said she knew of his songs about the media? because none of those songs were ever played, as hits, on the radio.

good one!:clapping: the more of us, the better. it still bothers me though, that it took his death for people to be bothered to 'research'. why does it have to take a tragedy for some to open their eyes?

well, better late than never, i guess.

thanks for posting.

She hit the nail on the head, I to googled MJ throught the week last week and saw AJ show having only 3 search but the fat gay guy story about 60. Coincidence I think not the media will always hate MJ until they have no choice but to reveal the truth one day.

Michael Jackson will always be remembered and loved by us , thanx for posting!

I want him back! :(

Aphrodite Jones: "The conspiracy is between the media and the DA to make Michael Jackson appear to be the guiltiest person on the planet, when in truth, no one could be more humble or more talented or more loving than Michael Jackson."

:clapping: Thanks for posting!

I wouldn't say this is a non fan as this person said they became a fan after he passed. A gret blog though. The way he was hounded and treated by his 'friends' and the media riles me up and upsets me so badly, I remember crying in my room when I was 10 as I just wanted the media to leave Michael alone. Sure people appreciate him a lot more now but all these leeches that were supposedly his friends constantly selling their bullshit becoming ten fold. Everyone still wants their piece of the pie and the media still want to print their tabloid crap about him. And people believe this and the stories change every week. First it was he was gay. Then the next week he did a Jermaine and supposedly had secret kids everywhere. The next week he was the supposedly sterile. When is it ever going to end?

Nothing gets me more angry than the media's conspiracy against Michael. I try not to think about it otherwise ill just feel like exploiting.

I couldn't agree with you more... we live in an upside down world. I am curious to see how the media treats Leonard Rowe as he introduces a new book that is supposed to uncover the lies and deceit surrounding Michael's last days. I found a video on YouTube this past weekend that announces his book: I can't wait to hear the truth!

Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fal_xQJ9HjY

Well, I hope there are others like her who have learnt about Michael now and feel differently.

It's very sad and sooo frustrating what some people thought and still think of Michael.

:(

I think the new album will really help things if it's a big hit sales wise. It will give them something else to concentrate on with regards to michael as now all they have to write about is negatives or it would look like they were always lying about MJ which they were. Even this is it helped things a little i think.

Now you can see why all of the longer term fans have screamed and yelled for years about these injustices against Michael. Great article BTW; very well written. I just wish so many people would just stop falling for the media's tricks; But WE are the crazy fans?! It drives me batty at times.

she said she knew little about Michael, before he died, but she later said she knew of his songs about the media? because none of those songs were ever played, as hits, on the radio.

Maybe she meant Leave Me Alone or Scream :unsure:

This is a really good article, I really wish more people did their research. I know so many people around me who have really strong negative preconceptions about MJ but absolutely nothing to back it up with. I had the following conversation with a friend of mine:

Friend: "Sorry, I just think he was guilty."
Me: "Why are you so sure about that?"
Friend: "The evidence!"
Me: "What evidence?"
Friend: "....the evidence!"

So many people don't care enough to find out more for themselves, but care enough to form a dislike for a person based on who in the media shouts loudest. :no:

Back