How much money do I need for 2 weeks

Merites

Proud Member
I am not sure that I put this thread in a right place, but I really need advice. I will be living in London for 2 weeks. How much money will I need? i can't even imagine prices. I will buy food for me (I eat not a lot :) ), some souvenirs for my family, visit 2 museums, 2 theatres maybe night club - don't know. and buy some music cds:) so "middle" level of life :) tell me plz :)
BTW I still don't have tix, so if kind London people have 1 spare ticket , I wil be very happy :))

Last edited:
I would think anything between £350 and £600, just to be on the safe side. That's how much i'd save just to spend in London. Are you talking about accommodation too?
Thanx a lot for your answer! with accomadation no problems, I've already known all details. :)
How about prices in cafes and museums,are they high? and clothes :)

all museums, The Science Museum, National Portrait Gallery, Victoria and Albert Museum etc are free of charge. Places like Madame Tuasards, Ripleys Believe It Or Not, The British Music Experience at The O2 etc charge around £15.

Ready made sandwiches from supermarkets and sandwich shops cost approx £3

A grande latte and muffin in Starbucks cost £4.10

Expect to pay around £15 for a main course and a drink in places like Pizza Hut, pub lunches, Bella Italia etc

A meal deal in McDonalds / Burger King is £4.99

Postcards start around 30p depending on the shop, most souvenier shops start their prices aaround £1 or £2 for the cheapest items.

Cinema prices are between £8 to £10

I plan to living there for 2 weeks too and want to go to the museum, royal park, london eyes and maybe going to near area.

Thank you moonstreet for your answer its help a lot :)

I am sure one thing us brits can do is send you our vouchers - I dont no about anyone else but I always get buy 1 get one free vouchers for Zizzis / Pizza Express/ Wagamamas / etc loads of them but not worth posting them yet as I am sure new ones will be released in July. Put What i will do is post them on here so you can just print and bring to the UK with you.

moonstreet, thanx for your answer, it's very useful :)
So, will it be enough 700 pounds for 2 weeks or not?

I am sure one thing us brits can do is send you our vouchers - I dont no about anyone else but I always get buy 1 get one free vouchers for Zizzis / Pizza Express/ Wagamamas / etc loads of them but not worth posting them yet as I am sure new ones will be released in July. Put What i will do is post them on here so you can just print and bring to the UK with you.

wow, really great idea :D

That's a great idea, it would be great if you could do it... Can we print it out though or do they have to be 'originals" like they have here in the States ( most coupons here can't be reproduced or copied)...
Thanks!!

That's a great idea, it would be great if you could do it... Can we print it out though or do they have to be 'originals" like they have here in the States ( most coupons here can't be reproduced or copied)...
Thanks!!

Nope there are no originals, they come through office emails etc. This is the latest one I have been send as an example http://www.pizzaexpressoffers.co.uk/
(I went tuesday was sooooooooo yummy)
But definatly ill post vouchers/offers I get on a seperate thread nearer the time. Maybe start in June? Ill post everything actully vouchers for tourist attractions/resturants....

Nope there are no originals, they come through office emails etc. This is the latest one I have been send as an example http://www.pizzaexpressoffers.co.uk/
(I went tuesday was sooooooooo yummy)
But definatly ill post vouchers/offers I get on a seperate thread nearer the time. Maybe start in June? Ill post everything actully vouchers for tourist attractions/resturants....

thank you so much! it would help a lot :)

Lovely thread :) This is really kind. I've got some coupons for Las Iguanas (a mexican restaurant at the 02) on e-mail which i would post, but i got food poisoning from there one night when there were shows on as the demand was too high and they were 'keeping food warm' rather than cooking it fresh. The food there is lovely on nights where there are no shows though, so i could post it on here if you'd like. It would be good for anyone who fancies checking out the 02 a day before one of the concerts or something, when there's nothing going on in the main arena.

EDIT: Just checked and you can't use it on a concert night anyway. Do you want me to try and send a link? It's for 2 for 1 main meals :)

Back