How much Michael's been at school as a kid?

Topflux

Proud Member
Did he go to the "normal" school at all? I don't remember, was it in the Moonwalker book where he told about it..? Who might have been his teachers and if he was in private school with others, was there other celebrities in the same school..?

He went to normal school until about 4th or 5th grade when they signed to motown and had to get tutors because all the fans made school impossible. He had tutors obviously when touring and such. I think his tutor was a lady called Rose Fine. Apparently he went for a time to montclair college prep school in california.

Last edited:
He went to normal school until about 4th or 5th grade when they signed to motown and had to get tutors because all the fans made school impossible. He had tutors obviously when touring and such. I think his tutor was a lady called Rose Fine. Apparently he went for a time to montclair college prep school in california.

Thanks. :lol: @ "Rose Fine" :lol: So he was going to college, but didn't then?

I have no idea whether he intended to go to college but montclair is a private school so it could just be because it was private. I remember that after signing to motown he went to normal school for 1 week but everyone wanted sutographs and pictures. Poor michael.

Last edited:
Mike went to public school untill he went to motown.. then he had tuters that would meet with him and his brother.. BUT for a short time while with motown they tried pulic school again, and that was short lived because they were too famous, and they went back to tutors.. (mike a bit more... some of the bro's liked the attention) lol!

This has always been a mystery to me. The popular story is that he hardly went to school at all. However, the J5 did not release "I want you back" until MJ was 12 and I don't see why he wouldn't have been able to go to public school up until that time, since he wasn't at all famous yet. I also know that he did go to high school, at least for a while. The reason I know is that he used to be classmates with Danny Bonaduce, who has told a story or two about their encounters (he basically said MJ never spoke and didn't seem interested in girls).

MJ went to school in Gary. he only left the school when he moved to hollywood. He also went to school there. There is a school that named thewir Gym after him. However, he was too famous and cause such disruption ans children did not wan to go to class, so MJ was removed and probably went to private school. They had tutors on the road when they toured. They had to because they wouldn't have been allowed to work by law. WE have pictures of MJ and his brothers being tutored by Ms Fine.
MJ was eleven when the album came out, not 1twelve. 1969 he was 11.

I'm so sorry if this is OT, but how manylanguages can Michael speak? :p

It was in the 60's when they joind the color people with white people. In michael's era.

Michael was an international superstar at the time when that picture was taken with 4 consecutive Mumber one record to his name. He would have been allowed to any school at the time.

I'm so sorry if this is OT, but how manylanguages can Michael speak? :p

I think fluently maybe only English, but it's possible he can speak also French, German and Spanish a bit..?
I don't know.

This has always been a mystery to me. The popular story is that he hardly went to school at all. However, the J5 did not release "I want you back" until MJ was 12 and I don't see why he wouldn't have been able to go to public school up until that time, since he wasn't at all famous yet. I also know that he did go to high school, at least for a while. The reason I know is that he used to be classmates with Danny Bonaduce, who has told a story or two about their encounters (he basically said MJ never spoke and didn't seem interested in girls).

MJ says in moonwalk that there was a girl at school who was a good friend but he was too shy to ask her out. Awww michael:wub: i can just see him as the shy kid who sat at the back not sayin much.

Back