How much did MJ's estate make from the TII Box Office?

elmari

Proud Member
Has anyone figured out how much Michael's estate has earned from TII's box office?

From what I understand, after initial $135 million that goes to Sony, the estate and AEG split the profit 90:10. So TII made about $252 million.

~252m - 135m = 117m

so AEG (10%) --> ~$11.7 million profit

MJ estate (90%) --> ~$105.3 million profit

Does this sound about right? But what about all this splitting with the movie theaters and stuff? Does that come out of the $135 million that Sony made?

Also, does anyone know how much exactly the estate made from the $60 million Sony deal in the first place. I know we all thought it was 90:10 in favor of the estate, but I read that AEG was able to recoup the $30 million it had invested in Michael from that deal. True, yes or no?

*note*: I hope I did my math correctly! LOL! I am sooooo not a math person!

Has anyone figured out how much Michael's estate has earned from TII's box office?

From what I understand, after initial $135 million that goes to Sony, the estate and AEG split the profit 90:10. So TII made about $252 million.

~252m - 135m = 117m

so AEG (10%) --> ~$11.7 million profit

MJ estate (90%) --> ~$105.3 million profit

Does this sound about right? But what about all this splitting with the movie theaters and stuff? Does that come out of the $135 million that Sony made?

Also, does anyone know how much exactly the estate made from the $60 million Sony deal in the first place. I know we all thought it was 90:10 in favor of the estate, but I read that AEG was able to recoup the $30 million it had invested in Michael from that deal. True, yes or no?

*note*: I hope I did my math correctly! LOL! I am sooooo not a math person!

We can speculate, but no one besides Sony, AEG & the estate know.

dito. unless u see the contracts no one really knows

Oh, I didn't know the 90:10 percentages were speculation. Well, all I am saying is since that movie made a bunch of money, I hope the estate gets a good chunk of it!

the 90/ 10 isnt speculation but how it works is.the details we dont know.some said the film had to make so much b4 the 90/10 came into play orthe 90/10 releated to when the film was sold to sony.

Back