HOw much did Invincible really sell?

KB50MJ

Proud Member
Some say it sold 10-12 million and some say it sold only 8 million. I've even seen people say it only sold 7 million.

Whats the deal? How much did Invincible really sell?

sony gave figures of just over 11 mill in the summer of 02. as with most of mjs sales figures we dont really know the true figures because of sony not having them updated

To this date I think Vince has sold around 15 million copies.

sony gave figures of just over 11 mill in the summer of 02. as with most of mjs sales figures we dont really know the true figures because of sony not having them updated

It would be better now to update the sales, especially for media..., or at least SONY could run MJ Wikipedia!:doh:

What I like is that it's still wayyyy more copies than what artists can sell today! The power of Michael's music! :)

Yea nobody knows the answer but i belive it sold more than 10 like 11 worldwide!!!!!

Invincible (2001)
USA : 2.500.000
Canada : 140.000
Brésil : ?
Mexique : 75.000
Argentine : 30.000

Japon : 225.000
Singapour : 25.000
Corée Du Sud : 80.000

Australie : 170.000
Nouvelle-Zélande : 15.000

Europe : 2.220.000
- UK : 400.000
- France : 575.000
- Allemagne : 325.000
- Espagne : 125.000
- Italie : 175.000
- Pays-Bas : 100.000
- Suède : 50.000
- Finlande : 16.700
- Autriche : 25.000
- Suisse : 60.000
- Portugal : 20.000
- Norvège : 50.000
- Danemark : 20.000
- Belgique : 75.000

Turquie : 200.000

Estimation Mondiale : 7.100.000

www.chartsinfrance.net

It no wonder that the sales numbers are so "low"..., Invincible album was "really" bad album to worth buying it..., so many people were disappointed, but now, people are more interested in MJs new album and theres a chance to sell approx. 10 million.
But the album has to be really cool!

Invincible sold around 10 million copies according to Sony. Even if sales figures were updated I doubt there would be much difference in the sale figures since its probably MJ's 'least' known album.

decent figure in todays climate in the record business

Yep definitely, if I remember correctly I think it was the 6th or 7th biggest selling album of 2001. If it had gotten the full run of singles releases and performances etc like MJ usually does then there is no doubt that it would have done 15 million or maybe more.

decent figure in todays climate in the record business

It didnt mean in 2001-2002!!!
There were so many albums that were far more successful and popular...

The Invincible era was really like a Black Hole for MJ in the Universe of music showbusiness.

I hope it will change!

Selling more then 10 million copies with almost no promotion is impressive.

It should have gotten more PR, singles, videos and performances of new songs.

It is one of MJ`s best albums in my opinion.

And Michael has the opportunity now to promote some of the songs, like Unbreakable wich is one of Michaels best songs. Maybe it will pick up sales after the O2 concerts.

It didnt mean in 2001-2002!!!
There were so many albums that were far more successful and popular...

The Invincible era was really like a Black Hole for MJ in the Universe of music showbusiness.

I hope it will change!

Yes Invincible was selling pretty well for an album with little promotion and hardly any single releases (no single releases in the US at all). I mean releasing at album at the end of October and then having the 6th or 7th biggest selling album of that year is hardly a bad thing lol.

how many of you boguht all 5 editions of invincible ?

ME!!!!

how many of you boguht all 5 editions of invincible ?

ME!!!!

I bought all 5 editions of Invincible, which I thought was a waste of money for nothing more than different coloured paper. I was expecting some exclusive photos inside each different coloured booket. I also bought the vinly of Invincible on it's release, which is very impressive.

10 milion sales of Invincible sounds accurate. But I hate to say this, but I'm not sure it would have sold as much if fans like me didn't buy all 5 if the different coloured cd's like I did. With more promotion from both Michael and Sony, I think Invincible would have sold 10 million or more with just the orginal silver coloured Invincible cover. But sales aren't really what Michael's music is about. Fans are too obessed with Michael's album sales, I don't care if Michael's next album only sells 3 million worldwide (good sales for 2009), as long as the music is great. It's highly unlikely Michael will ever have a flop album.

I bought one only. just recently bought the white cover version since the blue CD is messed up. I was only 9 at that time I couldnt buy 5 CD's

Back