How many is too many children?? you ask...

LindaC781

Proud Member
The Duggars just celebrated the birth of their 19th child. Yes, you read it right.
NINETEEN. The question was posed in People.com - "How many are too many children?"
Well let me answer this:

You have too many children if:

you get a group discount when you go to the dentist office.
You need to rent 3 minivans to take your kids to the bowling alley.
You get a group discount once you GET to the bowling alley!
You need a schoolbus to take your kids to Walmart.
You need the whole coach class in order to fly your children anywhere.
You need to rent a motor coach from the airport to get to your hotel.
You need a schoolbus to take your kids to the doctors.
You get a group discount once you get your kids to the doctors!
You get a volume discount on Pampers.
You get a volume discount on Johnson & Johnsons baby oil or Powder.
Hell you get a volume discount on most of the baby items in the store!

Etc etc etc.

So NOW do you see when you have too many children? Yep, thought so.

LOL Too many children is too many if your kitchen looks like a restraunt prep station LOL gosh...and they drive like 3 cars to take the whole family out together. It's insanity.

Now I have to say ...I LOVE the Duggers...I think they are a great family...their children are polite and well manners....They have 19 yes...however they are some of the most beautiful children I have ever seen...All I can say is that if they feel they want that many children then that is their business..I am not God....I cannot tell them how many children is too many....Look at Michael he wanted to adopt 2 children from each continent....The big question ..would I have 19 children??...Heck No...I give Michelle credit she is a good and loving mother....That's all...:D

Last edited:
My grandmother's cousin had 20 children. They all came from the same couple. I think large families were a bit more common then.

I refused to rip my self up like that as much as i love kids. I guess the parents are always Sexual stimulate

In my opinion, it's too many kids. I would never have that many. I think 2 or 3 is a good number.

I love the Duggar Family.. Its not really for me to say 19 children is to much for them because it seems to be working out for them just fine. I've always fantasized about having a big family myself, For me I'd say when you have "too many" children is when you can't remember all their names!

Too many children is when you can't afford to feed or properly take care of them all. I like the duggars, they're a nice family and the kids are so well behaved. 19 kids is alot but they can take care of them so it shouldn't bother anyone.

I have 3 gorgeous boys and thats enough for me but there are others that can properly taker care of more, thants cool to me.
Then there are others that are simply not taking good care of their children :(.

Even I think that is too many children. If anyone should know it is me who comes from a big family. Especially on my mother's side where her mother had 8 children. 4 boys and 4 girls. It would have been 5 boys and 4 girls if their first child wasn't still born. I love children myself but I would never want that many.

It's totally ok to have that many children providing you can

- Feed them
- Clothe them
- Give love and attention to them
- Educate them
- Cherish them
- Put a roof on their heads

And remember their names, like Amber Dawn said, lol. I have 4 sisters and 1 brother (+ a stepbrother) and often when we were younger mom would mix our names. She'd be like "Hey, Noora.. Maria.. Laura or whatever your name is, go take out the garbage" :lol: But that happens when you're stressed and have a lot to do, like she always did. Of course she didn't really forget our names... I hope. :p

Personally, I'd never have that many kids. I think two would be enough.

Last edited:
As long as you can adequately, feed, clothe, care and love for your children, then no amount is too many! (within reason haha) Personally I wouldn't want to go over 3, I think that's a nice number.

Ugh...I have an issue with them. First, they make the older kids take care of the younger children. Sure, Michelle is there, but still, let kids be kids. Not part time parents, they didn't ask to have to take care of children at 13-14. Second, Michelle recently gave birth to a baby four months early, that baby was (maybe still, I haven't kept up) is in NICU. Yet, she has the time (mind you with 18 other children at home) to go protest alcohol sales for a day! It's great she's trying to stand up for what she believes in. But, instead of protesting with a group of people, go spend time with your kids, or your child on a machine keeping her alive.
End of rant lol

I personally wouldn't want more than 3, 2 would be ideal.

It's totally ok to have that many children provinding you can

- Feed them
- Clothe them
- Educate them
- Cherish them

And remember their names, like Amber Dawn said, lol. I have 4 sisters and 1 brother (+ a stepbrother) and often when we were younger mom would mix our names. She's be like "Hey, Noora.. Maria.. Laura or whatever your name is, go take out the garbage" :lol: But that happens when you're stressed and have a lot to do, like she always did. Of course she didn't really forget our names... I hope. :p

My dad used to do that too :D When my two sisters still lived at home my name used to be Hannamaijatiina, sometimes he mixed even our mom's name there :lol:

It's totally ok to have that many children providing you can

- Feed them
- Clothe them
- Educate them
- Cherish them

And remember their names, like Amber Dawn said, lol. I have 4 sisters and 1 brother (+ a stepbrother) and often when we were younger mom would mix our names. She'd be like "Hey, Noora.. Maria.. Laura or whatever your name is, go take out the garbage" :lol: But that happens when you're stressed and have a lot to do, like she always did. Of course she didn't really forget our names... I hope. :p

Once my dad called me all my brothers and sister names and even our dogs name before he got it

Too many children is when you can't afford to feed or properly take care of them all.
I agree with on on this.
Personally I feel like 2 are enough

Rebbie took care of her younger siblings. That's just the way it goes.

Yeah, but the Jackson's stopped having children, plus Joe wasn't exactly a present father. The Duggar's don't believe in birth control and both parents are present. They have so many kids because they lost a baby, and think that it was God's way of saying "keep having more children". But do they put Michelle's health first? NO, they keep having children, she even said on an interview that the doctor told her is wasn't going to be safe having more children. Now what happened? Her baby is in NICU. They have great value's and the children turned out great, so I guess their doing something right.

Lol , some indian guy has like 80 or so children , from different wives of course i saw a video of it on youtube he couldn't remember their names
:bugeyed:bugeyed:mello::bugeyed Holy Mother of Mary!!!

I just have one question that's been bugging me about the Duggars. How is it that they can afford to live in such a huge house, with just his salary? And another question. When each child gets old enough, how the hell are they going to be able to afford college for every child? And retire comfortably?? Just a couple of questions. 19 children is excessive. I think that if I needed to rent a motorcoach just to take my kids to Chuck-E-Cheese, I've got too many kids!! LOL!

2-duggar-family_nc.jpg

There was a pop band in the 1980s called The Jets. It was a group of 8: 7 siblings and a cousin. The siblings were named Wolfgramm. Including the ones not in show business, there were 18 full siblings in the Wolfgramm family. I think there are 11 DeBarge siblings and 9 each in the Osmonds and Sylvers. B.B. King has 15 or 16 children with different women. Ray Charles had a lot of children too.

I know this is might sound ignorant now, but I'll say it anyway, there should be a difference between men and animal and if men go around and conceive 30/40/50/60/70/80/20 kids, where is the difference? Most of the people who tend to have a lot of kids, are unable to take care of them. No offense to anyone.

The Duggars just celebrated the birth of their 19th child. Yes, you read it right.
NINETEEN. The question was posed in People.com - "How many are too many children?"
Well let me answer this:

You have too many children if:

you get a group discount when you go to the dentist office.
You need to rent 3 minivans to take your kids to the bowling alley.
You get a group discount once you GET to the bowling alley!
You need a schoolbus to take your kids to Walmart.
You need the whole coach class in order to fly your children anywhere.
You need to rent a motor coach from the airport to get to your hotel.
You need a schoolbus to take your kids to the doctors.
You get a group discount once you get your kids to the doctors!
You get a volume discount on Pampers.
You get a volume discount on Johnson & Johnsons baby oil or Powder.
Hell you get a volume discount on most of the baby items in the store!

Etc etc etc.

So NOW do you see when you have too many children? Yep, thought so.

Wow :lol:
I guess at some point you'd run out of names too :lol:

My head will spin and I will probably go crazy if I have that many children. It's very hard to control them! hahah! Imagine so many babies crying, or children running around the house and breaking things, fighting with each other, demanding parents to buy certain toys for them...etc..... I certainly cannot handle them all hahah! And I don't think this world have enough space for so many people. There are so many people suffering from proverty already, the earth is dying and polluted, we don't have enought water, no space for the trees and animals....etc....

Wow :lol:
I guess at some point you'd run out of names too :lol:
All their names....I think I see a pattern hahaha
Joshua
Jana
John-David
Jill
Jessa
Jinger
Joseph
Josiah
Joy