How high is the volume at MJs Concerts?

mktrade2001

Proud Member
I have never been to a Michael Jackson concert, London should have been my first time!
But on all the DVDs I have, the videos on Youtube, I can't remember seeing a video where the audience sings along?

So I was wondering if MJ was playing louder than loud? Or do you have a theory why we never hear the audience singing at MJs concerts?

Or do you know any recording where you clearly can hear the fans sing along?
You often hear screaming, but never singing as to a lot of other concerts. Robbie Williams, Metallica, Queen etc...

On the Bucharest concert for the Dangerous tour, you can hear fans singing along when he asks them to, like in Human Nature, I believe. I know that his concerts are definitely louder than loud..I was watching something about the preparation for that particular tour (I'm sure for others as well) that they use something like 250,000 watts of power as MIchael wants the audience to "feel it".

Ohhhhh.... You can be sure: he and his band play extremely loud. I had the chance to attend only one of his many concerts (the only one he offered in my country ever) and I was lucky enough to be on the first row, just close to the tower of speakers (for those were towers really LOL!) and the sound is incredible high. I could feel it on my body, it was so powerful, you felt your body was really trembling. It was so very high that some people stood outside the stidium just listening to the concert (eventually, some 2 songs before the end, some were allowed to enter the place for free! and the place was full already, so I think they just stood there VERY happy anyway).

But the audience does make is high also. We were some 70,000+ at the venue that night and you can be sure he could hear us. The thing is they (singers) also use this system that allows them to hear their band despite all the noise around, so when they really want to listen to the audience, they just take those earphones, just as MJ does in TII.

Yes, he liked to play with the audience, but not that much either. Nothing like Robbie Williams, for instance, who sings one song, and speaks, sings 2 songs, and tells some joke, sing another, and speak again, etc. Mike is focused in giving his best all of the time, but he is in touch with audience at every moment, you know he is 100% aware of every detail. Now in our case, he didn't speak Spanish, so he tried to do his best to let us know his feelings.

MJ is in control always. And you love it!!!!

You saw Michael live??? I'm so jealous...I live in Canada, and I don't think he's been here since the Victory tour...I'm sad I never got to see him live...

I have never been to a Michael Jackson concert, London should have been my first time!
But on all the DVDs I have, the videos on Youtube, I can't remember seeing a video where the audience sings along?

So I was wondering if MJ was playing louder than loud? Or do you have a theory why we never hear the audience singing at MJs concerts?

Or do you know any recording where you clearly can hear the fans sing along?
You often hear screaming, but never singing as to a lot of other concerts. Robbie Williams, Metallica, Queen etc...

The VOLUME you ask? How about the Volume of the Screams!! I bet you they were OFF the RICHTER scale!

You saw Michael live??? I'm so jealous...I live in Canada, and I don't think he's been here since the Victory tour...I'm sad I never got to see him live...

Oh.... I am sorry about this. In fact, I am so sorry so many millions of loyal fans and new (yes, new) fans were stolen the chance to live the Michael Jackson experience. For me, this was not only a show, not only a concert: it was AN EXPERIENCE. You actually LIVE his concert. My avatar is the concert ticket. My treasure.... this was one of the first things I held to when I heard the news... on that day :-(

For years I said his show was the best I had ever seen. Then came Robbie Williams and I was impressed by his stage. Excellent. And then Madonna's Steeky and Sweet... she did great also.

.... but MJ.... MJ was at ANOTHER level. At a higher level. Period.

Thanks for your replys.
It's nice to hear these storys from his Concerts. :)

The only thing I hear on those DVD's are screams, but agian. I had always wondered why we don't hear any singing from the crowd. MJs has the GREATEST tunes to sing along with. I can just imagine, Heal the World, Will you Be There & Earth Song with 100.000 singing fans.. That MUST be the greatest experience in this world :D

Can you post some videos, where we can hear the fans sing?

i saw him in 1997, wembley. best day of my life. it was so loud, i couldn't hear my sister talking to me. you can feel it rattle your brain lol

Back