How Does Ne-Yo Sound Like MJ?

KB50MJ

Proud Member
I sometimes hear this said by people, especially on MJ boards when Ne-Yo is discussed. I know Ne-Yo was influenced by MJ, and he has infectious melodys. I think he is a phenomenal artist. And Should be selling more records than he does.

But how does it sound like MJ's music? I listen to both and I don't see similarities.

Can someone explain?

there is no explanation for someone's opinion. nor do i ever really know what is behind someone's opinion, other than my own.

in my opinion, NeYo is not a phenomenal artist. and he sounds nothing like MJ. i remember when mtv first played You Rock My World, and asked people on the street, who the singer was, and nobody knew, until the asker told them.

Listen to songs such as this

[youtube]HhVxuztPjDk[/youtube]

To me this very much sounds like MJ's style. The influence is very pronounced here to me. Ne-yo himself has said what his inspiration was when he is working and I have no reason to doubt his honesty. In how he speaks and ad libs, it just seems very MJ to me. But hey, that's just me.

Eh, I really don't think that Ne-Yo sounds like Michael.
Michael's voice is unique. :wub:

Listen to songs such as this

[youtube]HhVxuztPjDk[/youtube]

To me this very much sounds like MJ's style. The influence is very pronounced here to me. Ne-yo himself has said what his inspiration was when he is working and I have no reason to doubt his honesty. In how he speaks and ad libs, it just seems very MJ to me. But hey, that's just me.

That song came to my mind too. I adore Ne-Yo. I think he's extremely talented.

I am not saying Ne-yo sounds like MJ in that his voice is a dead ringer. I am saying Ne-yo has done songs that were in the style of MJ and heavily influenced by him.

(Thanks Stacey).

HE DOES NOT SOUND LIKE MICHAEL, Jeez!, thats, sorry, but i have to say it, its PATHETIC, Michael's voice is UNIQUE and COMPLEX, extremely COMPLEX, sooooo UNIQUE, like i always say, it is not white it is not black, IT IS MICHAEL JACKSON, even when talking....Michael was extremely unique and complex on everything, his voice was THE SAME, thats all, bye.

^^^I think I heard that too. I don't know where I read that MJ heard that song and thought it was like him without imitating him. but that could of been from anywhere I read that. But I guess MJ did like Ne-yo's work at least on some level because he decided to work with him.

^^^I think I heard that too. I don't know where I read that MJ heard that song and thought it was like him without imitating him. but that could of been from anywhere I read that. But I guess MJ did like Ne-yo's work at least on some level because he decided to work with him.

I think it was in the For The Record book. That's what I remember too.

well his song can we chill gave me a MJ vibe thats about it when he did lady of my life over didn't give me the tea bits that i wanted you that dude MJ gives me fever like no other leaves the thread feeling lace up

Back