How do you and your parents get along?

Amber Dawn

Proud Member
Do you live near them? How often do they come visit you?

I have a problem, I need to talk to her about it but I want to find the right words. cause the wrong words might turn into a unnecessary argument.

I only live maybe 5 minutes away from my parents and my grandmother too. It makes me sad though because they never visit me. If I want to see them they expect me to come over there. Today I called my mother and asked her if she would like to come over and she said okay. Then called me back 10 minutes later and was like, never mind.. I'm too tired wanna come over here?

5 minutes away thats it! It really makes me sad too I'm proud of my new place and even working on getting it ready for christmas. But its hard to see the point of nobody is going to come and see my progress.. :( When I talk to my mom and try to tell her, Oh I've done this I'm so excited! She basically talks over me and tells me all that she has done.. I never noticed this before I moved, I feel really ignored...

However I will say when we're physically together we get along great.. But it hurts nobody comes over. I don't allow anybody to smoke in my place thats my ONLY rule. Maybe thats the reason :(

Aww.... :hug:

Maybe it's your parents subtle way of trying to tell you that they miss you...

I understand. I'm really close to my parents as well. I can't imagine living away from them. :lol: I'm in University right now and when people ask me why I dont live in a dorm, I tell them that I'll cry if I have to live without my parents...

HAHAHA! I love my Mommy and Daddy...

I suggest that you plan on a party..like a welcome house party...

So, that will be an excuse for your parents to check out your house...

G'luck, hun... :hug: :)

I have the same problem with my mother, she gets bored with me so fast, and she doesn't show any interest in things that I'm interested in...I'm stuck just like you when it comes to getting your parent's attention, that's why I'm used to being a loner all by myself
maybe you should try to tell her what upsets you?

I suggest that you plan on a party..like a welcome house party...

So, that will be an excuse for your parents to check out your house...

G'luck, hun... :hug: :)

Maybe I can do a small christmas party or something.... I don't have that big of a place though, might get cramped.. But ive lived here 6 months I moved June 7th and only my parents have came by.

I have the same problem with my mother, she gets bored with me so fast, and she doesn't show any interest in things that I'm interested in...I'm stuck just like you when it comes to getting your parent's attention, that's why I'm used to being a loner all by myself
maybe you should try to tell her what upsets you?
Yeah maybe, hopefully people can share some advice that will help you as well. Im glad I'm not alone though.

Back