How big is TII in China?

Pascal09

Proud Member
With a country of more than a 1 billion, i think Sony should focus on the chinese market. Can the chinese fans help with this? Are theaters packed? Is there more TII adverts on TV

Last edited:
What about India? where Michael is widely known.

that will be cool as well, but at the moment I'm focusing on china. I feel this is a opportunity for Sony to garner more fans there. Can you imagine the next MJ albulm slaes if Sony is able to crack this market via the TII movie.

Can you imagine the next MJ albulm slaes if Sony is able to crack this market via the TII movie.

TII movie has already done extremely well in China. Don't expect an album to do the same. Massive amounts of music piracy goes on in China. They are actually a very small music buying country. The top music buying publics are USA, Japan and UK. India also has huge amounts of music piracy.

What about India? where Michael is widely known.

To be honest, this time I am a bit disappointed with India's box office in first week.

TII movie has already done extremely well in China. Don't expect an album to do the same. Massive amounts of music piracy goes on in China. They are actually a very small music buying country. The top music buying publics are USA, Japan and UK. India also has huge amounts of music piracy.

Yep, I agree with you. Sony did little in China. No ad, no propagation. Before TII movie's opening, I am afraid almost only MJ fans knew this movie. After it's premiere, I saw many positive comments&reviews about this movie on internet, TV, newspapers etc, but I think they were still limited. In China, TII movie has done EXTREMELY well with the support of Chinese MJ fans, not sony.
But as you said, for some reason, neither China nor India is a big music market.

TII has been doing very very well in China. Not just MJ fans went to see it over and over again, the movie also turned many who knew little about the man into new fans!

Keen and his senior staff members of mjjcn.com did a lot of work to make sure TII got the last foreign movie slot of this year, and there was extensive media coverage to attract fans/non-fans. They also did an excellent job translating the subtitles under great time pressure. Thanks to their effort, average Chinese moviegoers can better appreciate the documentary and get to know the real MJ. Kudos!

Last edited:
TII has been doing very very well in China. Not just MJ fans went to see it over and over again, the movie also turned many who knew little about the man into new fans!

Keen and his senior staff members of mjjcn.com did a lot of work to make sure TII got the last foreign movie slot of this year, and there was extensive media coverage to attract fans/non-fans. They also did an excellent job translating the subtitles under great time pressure. Thanks to their effort, average Chinese moviegoers can better appreciate the documentary and get to know the real MJ. Kudos!

wow...great to hear.

The legacy will go on

i stay in Shanghai. according to my experience, the first premiere night was great. the theatre is quite packed and many foreigners watched it and that's why its so good because they are more open, so they dance,and cheering and clapping....which finally affect me and other chinese to join them too.
while the other nights...not so packed. especially after a week or so,fake dvd started to come out in small dvd stores and its really cheap so thats really is annoying.
i watched it 5 times so far....and its just getting less...i think. or maybe depends on the theatre too because some theatre is really expensive and the other could be much cheaper. but i think the promotions and the responds is really good
i know China loves Michael...i wish they really gonna make "Neverland" Shanghai and the exhibition will come here too

i stay in Shanghai. according to my experience, the first premiere night was great. the theatre is quite packed and many foreigners watched it and that's why its so good because they are more open, so they dance,and cheering and clapping....which finally affect me and other chinese to join them too.
while the other nights...not so packed. especially after a week or so,fake dvd started to come out in small dvd stores and its really cheap so thats really is annoying.
i watched it 5 times so far....and its just getting less...i think. or maybe depends on the theatre too because some theatre is really expensive and the other could be much cheaper. but i think the promotions and the responds is really good
i know China loves Michael...i wish they really gonna make "Neverland" Shanghai and the exhibition will come here too

thanks for the info.

Back