Hospital Lawsuit Dropped

moonwalker5885

Proud Member
[FONT=&quot]The lawsuit filed against Marian Medical Center alleging intentional infliction of emotional and mental distress and elder abuse related to a visit by superstar Michael Jackson to the hospital has been dismissed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The suit was filed in Santa Barbara County Superior Court in Santa Maria in February 2007 by the family of Manuela Gomez Ruiz of Santa Maria, who died at the hospital in February 2005 at the age of 73. Michael Jackson was originally named in the suit as well however, in April, Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville removed Jackson as a defendant.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to the complaint filed by the plaintiffs, the hospital moved Ruiz while she was being treated to make space for Jackson to be examined. Jackson was brought to the hospital in 2005 while he was on trial for child molestation and other charges. Ruiz died at Marian Medical Center shortly after she was reportedly moved to another hospital room in order to give room to Jackson, who was ultimately found not guilty on all charges.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A trial date had been set for Oct. 27, but the civil clerk's office in Santa Maria reported that all future court appearances for the case have been canceled.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Source: santamariatimes.com[/FONT]

IMO, I believe they had a case.

Wonder why it was dropped.... :unsure:

This case was pretty much over the day that Michael's name was dropped. The family lied through their teeth about the circumstances surrounding Michael just to add him into the mix, when the case should have never been about anyone but the family and the hospital.

and when mj was taken off out went the $ signs so the lawyers didnt want to know anymore. same ole crap

elusive ur right there!

The same old s****

No MJ ment no money. Pure and simple. The vipers wanted his money so why not tack his name on the lawsuit as well. Good move by Judge Melville to get him off the defendent list.

This should have been thrown out a long ass time ago anyway.

No MJ ment no money. Pure and simple. The vipers wanted his money so why not tack his name on the lawsuit as well. Good move by Judge Melville to get him off the defendent list.

This should have been thrown out a long ass time ago anyway.

Looks like Melville can smell extortion from a million miles away. :) He seemed to keep things about the whole trial in '05 in fair light with no preferential treatment given to anybody. I think he could smell extortion then, too, especially after hearing the bogus prosecution. Kudos to Melville for being a just and fair judge...?

It wasnt dropped at that time,
The court just removed Michaels name as defendent then
but now the whole case is dropped ..
That is the truth, as Michael's name should have never have been included in the first place as MJ could have not have been responsible for a hospital decision. They only included him for attention and to put pressure on both MJ and the hospital to settle. As we see, both MJ and the hospital were prepared to settle it in court. Once MJ's name was removed, the lawyer found that he had no cause to carry on. The reason for taking the case was gone, so he baled out. Shame.

That is the truth, as Michael's name should have never have been included in the first place as MJ could have not have been responsible for a hospital decision. They only included him for attention and to put pressure on both MJ and the hospital to settle. As we see, both MJ and the hospital were prepared to settle it in court. Once MJ's name was removed, the lawyer found that he had no cause to carry on. The reason for taking the case was gone, so he baled out. Shame.

Agrees with your entire post, Datsymay. :flowers:

Now that the court system has closed this situation, I hope the family can find closure as well. It's unfortunate that they lost a loved one, but it's also unfortunate how they tried to make an innocent person pay for something he clearly wasn't responsible for. Not cool.

Looks like Melville can smell extortion from a million miles away. :) He seemed to keep things about the whole trial in '05 in fair light with no preferential treatment given to anybody. I think he could smell extortion then, too, especially after hearing the bogus prosecution. Kudos to Melville for being a just and fair judge...?

i take it you didnt follow the case and read the documents and precidents he set with the 11108 evidence for example then

Agrees with your entire post, Datsymay. :flowers:

Now that the court system has closed this situation, I hope the family can find closure as well. It's unfortunate that they lost a loved one, but it's also unfortunate how they tried to make an innocent person pay for something he clearly wasn't responsible for. Not cool.

Totally agree with these posts.
I just find it so sad that they felt that Michaels name had to be included so that they could claim more publicity and money. If Michaels name wasn't mentioned the media wouldn't have been interested and the case wouldn't have run with it. I guess thats the world we live in.
I do hope that the family can put this behind them and find closure.

I'm glad this is over. I hope the Ruiz Family will be okay now.

Last edited:
yeah go find someone else to sue. or realised how stupid and money grabbing they looked and finally got a grip

The hospital staff would make the decision to move this patient, if in fact they did. No one knows exactly what happened, but another patient wouldn't be to blame as they do not make that decision...celebrity or not. They had no business adding Michael's name to the lawsuit but for purpose of cashing in.

It was a B.S case anyway. Why sue Michael? they should've just sued the hospital.

Back