Horn section of "Another Part of Me"

startinsomethin87

Proud Member
One afternoon about seven years ago I was listening to a soul/R&B radio station in St. Louis, Missouri, and they were playing this "drive home" continuous dance mix of old school hits. "Another Part of Me" was thrown in there, and I'm almost certain the version they played, toward the end, had an extended horn part, different from the original. Well, for years I looked for extended remixes of the song and when I found them, I was disappointed that it was merely the same horn lick played repeatedly.

I know I was probably imagining it, but I just thought I'd ask ... is there a version of APOM with a more involved horn part out there?

PS: Another reason I'm still curious is that the Bad Tour version of the song contains that little coda at the end with some seemingly added horn parts.

in the Bad tour, the (synth) brass/horns were all over the place in the end with some great improv which you won't hear in any of the studio recordings.

you've probably already heard the Extended Dance Mix and the Dub version which have the same repeated brass section, but more prominent than we hear in the fade-out of the original. nothing like the improv in the live version, though.

you could make an mp3 or burn a live audio version of the song and enjoy that ^.^

in the Bad tour, the (synth) brass/horns were all over the place in the end with some great improv which you won't hear in any of the studio recordings.

THANK YOU!

I thought I was the only one in this world that had a fetish for that brass solo... man, to this day I've tried to steal that riff to my own productions :D

you've probably already heard the Extended Dance Mix and the Dub version which have the same repeated brass section, but more prominent than we hear in the fade-out of the original. nothing like the improv in the live version, though.

you could make an mp3 or burn a live audio version of the song and enjoy that ^.^

Thanks for your help! Yeah, I'll never forget the first day I saw that video ... made me appreciate the song even more! :)

This is the exact reason why I am most interested in MJ's tours. Live versions such as APOM, HN, WDAN etc. sound so great. The tour bands (Victory, Bad and Dangerous particularly) are just excellent at adding in their little extra notes here and there.

This is the exact reason why I am most interested in MJ's tours. Live versions such as APOM, HN, WDAN etc. sound so great. The tour bands (Victory, Bad and Dangerous particularly) are just excellent at adding in their little extra notes here and there.

Totally! Don Boyette's improv. bass licks on WDAN come to mind! :)

Agree!!! :)

Back