Homepages for Homerooms--A Chance To Help Schools Out For Free

Severus Snape

Proud Member
http://www.yahoo.homepagesforhomero...1fe/7cf614a4.37eccf97d0894943c0f5a69635b6bd80

Yahoo.com said:
Yahoo! has teamed up with DonorsChoose.org to give you an easy, no-cost way to help public school classrooms in your community thrive.
Between August 22 and October 16, 2011, Yahoo! is providing $200,000 of funding for classroom projects across the United States. We need your help! Pick a DonorsChoose.org project and vote for it by making Yahoo! your homepage. Each week, Yahoo! will donate $25,000 among the projects with the most votes.

Overview: Yahoo! Homepages for Homerooms gives every project a chance to receive some of the $200,000 available.
To show your support, choose your favorite project and vote for it by making Yahoo! your homepage. It's the most popular news and information site in the world! You can also earn more votes by answering weekly trivia questions. It's a great way to have some fun and do more for your project.
Changing your homepage is so easy to do, and it can do so much.

Additionally, if you sign up and provide your first name and a valid email address, you can answer trivia questions and earn extra credit for whichever project you've chosen to support. The questions are generally pretty easy--for example, my first question was: which popular music awards show will my students be watching in September? The answer: The MTV Video Music Awards, as everyone who does not live under a rock (unfortunately) knows.

It is important to note that your support is only valid as long as you have Yahoo as your homepage, and can be revoked the moment you switch it to something else (before October 16, 2011). I would recommend either sacrificing your current homepage for a worthy cause, or else changing a browser you don't particularly care for's homepage to Yahoo in order to both qualify for your support of the project and keep your usual homepage/browser. For example, I made Yahoo my homepage on my Firefox browser, which I seldom use. I usually use Google Chrome. However, I'm not changing the Firefox setting anytime soon since I'm never on it anyway, so I will keep Yahoo as my homepage there probably indefinitely.

Back