Hologram tour an idea

Portillo

Proud Member
He’ll do shows as a hologram
05/07/2009

Michael could go on tour from beyond the grave.
Plans are being hatched for a hologram image of The King of Pop to appear on stage beside his brothers for a series of concerts.

Michael's dad Joe and his brothers Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and Jackie who were part of the Jackson 5, are behind the idea.

They aim to have footage of Michael from his past group and solo tours projected at gigs next year.

The Thriller star would be following Elvis Presley, who "toured" the world in 2006 - nearly 30 years after his death - when a hologram of him was projected alongside a band and orchestra.

Memorial
A friend of the Jackson family said: "They think the best memorial to Michael would be to have him back on stage for that final time - like he wanted. Michael's dad and brothers think a world tour, where footage of Michael is projected on stage alongside live musicians, will go down a storm.

"They also believe Michael's children will appreciate seeing him on stage in front of his fans as that's something they never did. They think Michael would love the idea that he did fulfil his comeback dream by following what Elvis did.

"It is the perfect tribute to their superstar brother."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sho...shows-as-a-hologram-Micheal-Jackson-tour.html

Last edited:
it work as a few tribute shows. it just feel weird but. id just like to see the rehersal footage in hi def and loads of unseen footage of mj.

To be honest with yall, if this is done right, AEG can even do this with the chosen THIS IS IT dancers. Especially if they had a complete run through of the tour performance.

If Michael Jackson was the appear on a stage anywheres as a hologram, people would go absolutely nuts. AEG should think about this.

Joe is just looking to make money off of MJ. I don't care who don't likes to hear this but it is my opinion. I can't stand that guy.

News of the world is tabloid fodder.

Even still, I would like to see something like this. I just hope we got some new material, a DVD... something out there to cut the tension of all the rumors swirling around his death. Something to dial it all back to the music.

Fail.

Michael has not performed full length J5/Jacksons songs in forever aside from 2001, so this will not work. And you clearly cannot have his looks era jumping in the middle of a song.

Good grief....

I was under the impression that a hologram is usually a recorded reflection of a 3D object? I could be wrong though.

I'm putting this story in the "B.S" pile

NO this could be done , and you know what it has been done many times by Elvis, but the only thing obviously you carnt do is make anything different other than whats already there. Did Michael do all his moves, during rehearsals? Would he have had all his costume changes? did he come out with all the new moves? did he perform any of the new songs. I really hope he did because i so looking forward to that, i swear the TII shows where going to be the 25th anniv of 2009 and 2010!! It would be remember these songs, well they where good , but, now i have these for you!!

I do think this is bit speculation and would not only like to see this, but also YEs i would genuinly like to see all the Jacksons , including Rebbie, the 3ts, all the new generation and maybe even Prince , both or one and possibly Paris is a new Janet??? i mean Michael did say that he would encourage them if they had atalent, but not push as he was! I fail to see that if you have that much influence and talent around you everyday you cannot be like a sponge and soak it up!

Terry

I think maybe a solo tour would work better? Not really a consistent show, more like a tribute show seeing how his likeness will most likely be changing song to song.

Take That did it on last years tour with Robbie Williams.

well it be pretty weird since he was, the lead on the J5. I don't think I want to see them perform without HIM.

I was thinking about the hologram thing. I think it's a very good idea. As someone said, this has been done with Elvis.

I think it's a pretty good idea. It wouldn't be anything like the real thing, but it would be better than nothing. I've seen the one they did with Elvis, and it was pretty amazing-looking.

something I've thought of before is using computer technology to make music videos by taking his body from previous routines, videos, and shows, and using computers to put different clothing on them. they could even change the movements of his mouth to match. they could take moves, combos from one routing and mix them with combos from other routines and everything.

that way all the dancing would still be done by him.

Back