'Hold My Hand' Debuts on Jazz Chart, Song has now appeared on 3 different genre airplay charts

billyworld99

Proud Member
JAZZ 'HAND': While relative newcomer Spalding makes headlines on one Billboard jazz chart, a late legend does the same on another.

Michael Jackson's "Hold My Hand," featuring Akon, debuts on Jazz Songs at No. 24.

The song signifies the first appearance for each artist on the Nielsen BDS-based radio airplay chart, which launched in 2005.

The lead radio single from "Michael" has now appeared on three genre airplay tallies. It reached No. 12 on Adult R&B and No. 38 on Pop Songs.

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/...004138233.story

That's fun! GLad to hear it's getting played somewhere! I've still not heard it on radio.

^^^ Just grooooooooove. It's the guy who can dance by himself in a round, you know??? There's a lot I don't understand. :hysterical:

Next it's the Classical music chart for a variation off Pachelbel Canon and the use of a polished black grand in the video. lol

well in this instance that would be more appropriate!

:lol:

Great news. Thanks for sharing.

"hold my hand" in jazz charts ? no sorry, but it's definitely not pretty cool.... why hold my hand ? and not "i can't help it" or "rock with you", or "lady in my life"... "or break of dawn", "butterflyes" ! they have more affinity with jazz that "hold my hand", definitely !
another argument for ridiculise the michael's art? .... miles davis had make a cover of "human nature", saying : "it will be the future of jazz standarts"... THIS, was pretty cool, but hold my hand in jazz charts... i'm sorry, but i want to cry....

Back