Hold My Hand - chords

Topflux

Proud Member
What chords are in Hold My Hand song? I think the harmony is very simple and I hear basically four chords like following, but are they basically only triads or something more?

I hear (in the verse's first part):
VIm - V - VIm - IV - I - V - VIm - IV

In the verse's second part it sounds the same but when it goes "cause when it gets dark" it sounds like it lacks I-chord..?

In the chorus the same, but the first chord is a major (I)?

Then before the last choruses it sound like there is kinda descending bassline:
VIm - V - VIm - IV - I - V - IV - I/III

?

Does someone have exact chords if they are not those exactly?

Last edited:
I hear C - G - F all major on all the song.

Yes those are those three chords but aren't there also Am and it definitely starts with Am? It's the relative minor of C. The chorus starts with C..

So I think the verse goes:
Am - G - Am - F - C - G - Am - F

I'm playing over the song and,imo the chords are the same for the verse and the chorus.
C# - G# - A#m - F#

I'm playing over the song and,imo the chords are the same for the verse and the chorus.
C# - G# - A#m - F#
This is correct. Or, if one prefers flats:

Db - Ab - Bbm - Gb

I'll probably be teaching it to some of my students. And the piano hook from Blue Gangsta. :)

Are you really sure? So it's not the relative minor chord sometimes? It just sounds like the root is the minor in the beginning. If the key is C# (I haven't check it), it sounds like it starts with A# as a root.

I mean it sounds like the verse begins with that A#m but the chorus with C#..? Try it..

If it's major, I think it is, how it is taken then? Because if the key is C# or Db at least the piano sounds like the triad from it was taken g#-c#-f or ab-db-f. So it's an inversion?

Back