Hey, Girls (And Guys, I guess): A guy's interested, but I'm not sure what to do!

MJJ_luv1991

Proud Member
Ok. I need some advice.
There's a guy from my swing dance club who's interested in me. He wants to get to know me better. We met up a couple of days ago and talked for a little bit. He texts me every once in a while. He told me why he was interested: "You're intelligent. You are laid back, funny, your eyes pull people in, and you are beautiful. You deserve all I said and more." No guy has EVER called me beautiful. That really sets them apart in my eyes...
Thing is, he and his fiancee broke up a little over a month ago, I believe (she's an officer in our swing club). He's 20 -- 21 in 2 weeks. I don't know if it's too soon for him to do anything.
But, I'm not sure if I have feelings like he has for me yet. I'm soo confused, and I'm trying to sort out my thoughts. It's so hard to do. I know getting to know the person helps with that, but how do I know if I should pursue anything further? I've never had this kind of thing happen before, and I'm really inexperienced at relationships.
Reply here, PM me, anything. I'd just like some thoughts on this.

:)

Ok. I need some advice.
There's a guy from my swing dance club who's interested in me. He wants to get to know me better. We met up a couple of days ago and talked for a little bit. He texts me every once in a while. He told me why he was interested: "You're intelligent. You are laid back, funny, your eyes pull people in, and you are beautiful. You deserve all I said and more." No guy has EVER called me beautiful. That really sets them apart in my eyes...
Thing is, he and his fiancee broke up a little over a month ago, I believe (she's an officer in our swing club). He's 20 -- 21 in 2 weeks. I don't know if it's too soon for him to do anything.
But, I'm not sure if I have feelings like he has for me yet. I'm soo confused, and I'm trying to sort out my thoughts. It's so hard to do. I know getting to know the person helps with that, but how do I know if I should pursue anything further? I've never had this kind of thing happen before, and I'm really inexperienced at relationships.
Reply here, PM me, anything. I'd just like some thoughts on this.

:)

From what you have told me, it seems like he is genuinely interested in you. Yeah, he may have broken up with his fiancee recently but it just shows his liking for you - calling you beautiful after just leaving another relationship. Usually (I think) guys can hang around and be single for a long while after a long term relationship but he seems so taken by you to tell you all this already. I definitely think it looks good.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I think at this point you should contact him, but take it slow. Keep it to texts for a bit. If he asks you for a coffee or something, great, take the opportunity. When and if you feel ready to move it forward if he hasnt already, take it slow. If you are really worried/concered about it, be on close guiard of his movements. If he makes a move on you too soon just let him know. But it doesn't hurt to try something like this, it sounds great. Go for it if you feel you can :)

I think that you should take it super slow! Just get to know him and develop a friendship. Who knows why his fiance and he broke up... so yeah, take it slow!

And keep us updated ;)

If he thinks he's ready to date again, then who are we to question that. But yeah, don't leap into anything, just take the time to get to know him and see if there's potential there! You can't expect to know what to do until you spend some one-on-one time with him. And him only just breaking up from a very serious relationship is a great excuse for taking things slow. :)

Don't start with 'pleasing' him in going to date with him cuz it's what he wants. Be yourself! Take your time to find out if you want also and when you do not know yet then respect yourself and just take it you're not ready. If it is the way that he's really in love with you or for now super attracted he will be able to wait for a while... not forever... but as long as it takes. But prepare yourself he's might only not able to stay alone. Some ppl can't stand themselves, don't know what to do alone and need someone only for distraction, sort of keeping them busy, not really cuz they are in love.
So be careful and listen to your inside voice... trust yourself... take your time.

Oh and I think Phil Collins was pretty right in telling ppl "You can't hurry love." even when that song was a bit played too often in the radio that time for my personal taste! lol ;)

All the luck you need to you!!!

Back