Hey D.J.'s!

defdave

Proud Member
I'm a D.J. at a local nightclub (we're rumored to have Hurricane Chris showing up next week...I know we had Lil Wayne booked last summer, but he got sick before his Tulsa show, so we didn't get him to show at the club).

Anyway....any other DJ's out there putting Mike in heavy rotation? I've always done my best to either spin an MJ track or incorporate MJ sampled tracks into my mix such as Kanye/T-Pain's "The Good Life" or Rihanna's "Please Don't Stop The Music". Occasionally, depending on the crowd, I even go back to SWV's "Right Here/Human Nature".

But Billie Jean and Thriller usually get pretty constant rotation around here in local clubs (at least the pasr few years I've been here) anyway.

I'm just wondering though. Any of you DJ's spinning MJ tracks in heavier rotation like I am now? It's regular for me to work my way into Thriller and Billie Jean, but now...as a dedication to him, I've been throwing in tracks like 'Baby Be Mine', 'PYT', 'Wanna Be Startin Somethin', and others into my mixes.

Also, I plan on creating some more remixes of current songs by adding in MJ's "whoo!"s and "hee-hee"s into current songs where the dancefloor doesn't even expect it.

I already started last week when I added some MJ into the background of an Akon track. And I'm gonna keep on keeping on.

MJ will live forever as long as I'm in the DJ booth. :)

Back