Henry Mancini

arXter

Proud Member
This man is a bit of a genius. I've been obsessing over his Lujon since Mike's death (unrelated.. or at least I think so) and it's just so unique and brilliant - rare combo. Fusion of jazz vibes, Brazilian rhythm and a lush string section. Can play it on a loop forever.. and I'm well on my way.

[youtube]V14EkNtPfaQ[/youtube]​

I would love to listen to more of his stuff although the only song that I know from him is the "Pink Panther" theme song.
He does some of the music from the Audrey Hepburn movie Breakfast At Tiffany's. He also does the theme from the 70s sitcom What's Happening!!
[youtube]zpBhrjfetkk&fmt=18[/youtube]

The only song I've heard of his is a song he did with a certain other artist who's in my avatar and Take 6, "Moon River".

I was under the impression (wrong, apparently) he was a classical artist. Is he like Sergio then? Maybe I'll look up some more of his material. I do love that Moon River... Take 6 are incredible on it.

Henry Mancini - Blue Mantilla

He did seem to have a fetish for Latin rhythms incorporating it into his orchestral compositions. His 1960 LP Mr Lucky Goes Latin is brilliant.

[youtube]8QM11qYBZac[/youtube]​

This man is a bit of a genius. I've been obsessing over his Lujon since Mike's death (unrelated.. or at least I think so) and it's just so unique and brilliant - rare combo. Fusion of jazz vibes, Brazilian rhythm and a lush string section. Can play it on a loop forever.. and I'm well on my way.

Thank you for this - I have a thing for strings, and those that came in around 00:20 are absolutely stunning.
For some reason I visualize romantic scenes from old James Bond movies with Sean Connery when I hear this - it has got that "roll around on the beach in Bahamas" swag.
(Note: I usually hate the word "swag", but this really has swag)

Back