Help make TII # 1 at the weekend box office

Memefan

Proud Member
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???

No really....? What is holding you up?

ETA: According to the latest predictions, TII is not gonna be the #1 movie at the box office this weekend.

Lee's Final Weekend Predictions

movie title predicted change sites 1 Paranormal Activity $23.7 +12% 2402 2 This Is It $20.0 NEW 3481 3 Wild Things... $7.8 -44% 3645 4 Law Abiding Citizen $7.3 -41% 2764 5 Couples Retreat $6.8 -36% 3027 Lee's Final Weekend Predictions

We all hope this is wrong, but if this turn out to be true the press will have a field day with it..

If you liked the movie, help get the words out by recommending it to friends and family this weekend

If you are already planning on seeing the movie, try and make time to see it this weekend.

Last edited:
Re: For those who still haven't seen the movie

I'm a die-hard fan, and haven't been there yet. Another proof that there is sure audience still waiting for the weekend. Plus all the non-die hard fans who will ultimately go.
the best -for the movie- is still ahead

Memefan - I am going tomorrow!

Just go people and see this, even if you have mixed feelings you won't regret it. Mark my words, it's a great experience.

I only planned on seeing it once, but after seeing it last night I'm thinking about seeing it AGAIN this weekend! I loved it that much!

Saw it Tuesday and Wednesday. Going to probably go see on Friday, going to see it Saturday and probably every other day after that.

the guy predicting TII #2 this weekend is betting on PA doing 9% more business than it did last weekend. need I say more?

the guy predicting TII #2 this weekend is betting on PA doing 9% more business than it did last weekend. need I say more?

it might, it is an Halloween theme movie and this is Halloween weekend.

Still, i find it strange that fandango & movietickets.com reported over 1600 sold out shows yet, the box office receipt doesn't reflect them at all.

i read many TII related tweets, and a lot of folks report they are only 10 or 15 sitting in the theater.

MJ/MJ's legacy should not take the blame for that movie not succeeding (if low turnout continue through the weekend), someone is not doing their job selling it to non fans.

Thursday Afternoon Update (3:00 p.m. PT): Michael Jackson's This Is It debuted with $7.45 million on Wednesday. While that was a solid gross for a weekday in October, it represented a slower start than was originally expected. As a result, expectations for the weekend have been downgraded, but This Is It should still win the weekend by a comfortable margin. Paramount will expand Paranormal Activity into an additional 457 locations this weekend, which should allow the film to hold up rather nicely once again.
Check out our final Top 10 predictions in the table below.

Weekend Predictions: October 30 to November 1, 2009
Title Gross (M) Cume (M) Locations Inc./Dec. 1 Michael Jackson's This Is It $38.0 $50.0 3,481 New 2 Paranormal Activity $16.5 $84.7 2,402 +457 3 Law Abiding Citizen $7.7 $51.8 2,764 -126 4 Where the Wild Things Are $7.3 $64.0 3,645 -90 5 Couples Retreat $6.5 $87.0 3,027 -47 6 Saw VI $6.0 $23.2 3,036 0 7 The Stepfather $3.7 $25.0 2,346 -388 8 Astro Boy $3.5 $11.4 3,020 +6 9 Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant $3.4 $11.1 2,754 0 10 Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs $3.3 $119.1 2,322 -419 Multiplexes across the country will be dominated by a deceased musical icon this weekend as Sony unleashes Michael Jackson's This Is It at 3,400 locations.
The film has already grossed $2.2 million from midnight shows and its Wednesday and Thursday numbers promise to be strong heading into what is bound to be a record-breaking weekend. This Is It should easily trump the $31.1 million debut of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: The Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour. which currently holds the record for the best opening weekend of any concert film. The Disney release was also billed as a limited engagement before hanging around in theaters for 15 weeks and grossing $65.3 million. According to various exhibition sources, Sony probably will almost certainly leave the This Is It in theaters for more than the planned two-week period.
Online sales for This Is It have remained consistently strong. The film landed in the #15 spot on MovieTickets.com's Top 25 Advance Ticket Sellers of All Time list, and as of 3 p.m. PT it's responsible for 70 percent of daily sales. On Fandango.com, the film is the #3 seller of the year, and as of 2 p.m. PT This Is It is responsible for 72 percent of daily sales. According to Harry Medved of Fandango, there has been an increase in sales since positive reviews started popping up online.
"This Is It is really hitting in all demographic groups at Flixster," says John Singh, a spokesperson for the site. "If there's a soft spot it's older males—but at the same time, one of the audiences showing the biggest interest is under-25 males. It's certainly the movie with the highest want-to-see at Flixster this weekend, by far, with overall activity up 160% over last week."
Based on how its performing already, it seems likely that This Is It will bring in $48 million from Friday to Sunday and a five-day total of $77 million. The rush to see the film will also mean that its grosses are going to be very front loaded, so a steady decline after this weekend is likely.
With audiences taking part in Halloween activities, the atmosphere is still ideal for another strong weekend from Paranormal Activity. Paramount's word-of-mouth success showed its strength in a major way last weekend by trumping Saw VI at the box office. PA will maintain a lot of that momentum this weekend, and it will represent a viable alternative for moviegoers who are not big Michael Jackson fans.
Expect PA to add another $15 million to its impressive haul. Reaching the $100 million plateau looks like a sure thing at this point for the little horror movie that could.
After being upset by Paranormal Activity last weekend, Saw VI should suffer a significant drop of at least 55 percent during its sophomore frame. The latest installment of the popular series will make around $6 million this weekend. Lionsgate is probably crossing its fingers and hoping that the franchise's audience will return for Saw VII in 3D next year.
Check back tomorrow for our Top 10 weekend predictions as well as official location counts.

http://boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2009/10/early-weekend-predictions-34.php

Let's hope This Is It does more than $20 million! That would be miserable and the press would have a field day. I'm sorry to say this but my estimations may have been too high. I doubt it's going beat Miley Cyrus' $65 million, unless it's extended another 2 weeks.

I was afraid that only people with tickets will see this is it. And thats maybe what happened for the first day. No one came like this at the cinema with no ticket.

And with the good review, People will come and go to see the movie.

And Halloween is not that bad. After 7pm you can go to a movie theater. And Mike has a link with halloween.. Thriller..

I was afraid that only people with tickets will see this is it. And thats maybe what happened for the first day. No one came like this at the cinema with no ticket.

And with the good review, People will come and go to see the movie.

Well, at place Charest, while I was in line to buy my tickets, 100% of the 10-15 people in front of me were buying tickets for This is it.
So many of them came at the cinema without pre-bought tickets.

And I had a big grin eerytime one of them was saying to the cashier ''1-2 tickets for This is it please'' :yes:

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???

No really....? What is holding you up?

ETA: According to the latest predictions, TII is not gonna be the #1 movie at the box office this weekend.

Lee's Final Weekend Predictions

movie title predicted change sites 1 Paranormal Activity $23.7 +12% 2402 2 This Is It $20.0 NEW 3481 3 Wild Things... $7.8 -44% 3645 4 Law Abiding Citizen $7.3 -41% 2764 5 Couples Retreat $6.8 -36% 3027 Lee's Final Weekend Predictions

We all hope this is wrong, but if this turn out to be true the press will have a field day with it..

If you liked the movie, help get the words out by recommending it to friends and family this weekend

If you are already planning on seeing the movie, try and make time to see it this weekend.

I really do think that prediction posted by that site has been just pulled out of thin air and doesn't make any sense at all. They are saying the film by the end of the weekend will only gross $20 million....yet the film on Wednesday grossed $7.4 million. Do they really think that the film will only gross $12.6 million over the 4 days after Wednesday? In all honesty, does that prediction really make much sense? Yet they think Paranormal Activity (which opened 2 weeks ago by the way) is going to increase its box office takings over last week and make $23 million when it only managed to make $1.4 million on Wednesday.

I really do think that prediction posted by that site has been just pulled out of thin air and doesn't make any sense at all. They are saying the film by the end of the weekend will only gross $20 million....yet the film on Wednesday grossed $7.4 million. Do they really think that the film will only gross $12.6 million over the 4 days after Wednesday? In all honesty, does that prediction really make much sense? Yet they think Paranormal Activity (which opened 2 weeks ago by the way) is going to increase its box office takings over last week and make $23 million when it only managed to make $1.4 million on Wednesday.

20M$ for the WEEKEND ONLY....Wednesday & Thursday are excluded.

Let's all cross our fingers on this. We all want the movie to succeed bar the TINI group.

It seems like the film is perfoming much better overseas that in the US. The numbers for the UK have been very good.

i saw it and am definitely going to watch it aain
ignore the bad press just see the movie
you wont regret it

the uk always loved michael so much
thats why he was doing his concerts here
love him always and forever

I have seen it already a third time!
And I will go again, as many times as possible.
I have no idea about the USA, but again: Michael has GLOBAL reach!

Back