Help! Does anyone know when and where this was?

LindavG

Proud Member
I don't know if this is the appropriate section for this but I am looking for specific footage and I hope you guys can help me :) A long time ago I saw a clip on YouTube of Berry Gordy speaking to Michael (I think it was at an awards ceremony) in the 1990s and he was saying how proud he was of Michael and stuff, and Michael got all embarrassed. Does anyone know where I can find this or what ceremony this was? I would love to see it again, Michael was so adorable in this :)

Is this what you're talking about? Berry comes out at 4:30...

^ Yes that's it, thank you so much!! :) And it has Dutch subtitles and everything haha, perfect! Michael was so cute in this, being apologetic and stuff and Berry was like "Stop that!" :lol: I loved Berry's speech too. I wish more people had expressed their belief in Michael like that :wub:

mist in my eyes. thanks for that. i'm glad Michael always had that starpower with the fans. nothing can take that away. and the envious know that. and that's why they never stopped being envious. it's nice to know that a legitimate musician was recognized in the most important way, while he was here. [instead of in an 'ahead of his time' fashion.]

the starpower way.

So so touching for Berry to say that. I love the "I will never stop believing in you" the most. Wow, that was 16 yrs ago.

Awesome video, not sure if i had seen that before. Incredible how humble and normal he remained there. He's the biggest entertainer and not acting like a big shot or like 'look at me, i'm the biggest entertainer' far from it, just simply normal. I always admired that about the man.

Back