Help Children's charities this Christmas with L.O.V.E. from 'Michael'

deano

Proud Member
Further to my earlier 'tongue in cheek' posts regarding 'buying extra copies of 'Michael', I wanted to post something more serious and positive regarding the issue. This is something I have decided to do for Michael, but also for the children's charities I support.

As I said earlier, I have ordered 79 (now rounded up to 80 thanks to 'mj_insane') I haven't pre-ordered all 80 albums, as I want them to all count in the charts. (wink)

I have pre-ordered 12 - from different locations using different credit cards - and I will buy the rest, in cash, in small qty's, from multiple shops, so that everything counts towards the charts.

I have informed all of my family and friends that, along with other small gifts, they will all be getting a 'Michael' album as well - and I have had no complaints. (wink)

Now on to the serious part. The balance of the albums - along with some MJ DVD's - will be going to a local Children's Hospice, and to Oxfam for their 'Gifts for children', with some being sent abroad.

I am lucky enough to be comfortable with money, and my chosen charities are always related to children, so this is a good way to help them and to continue spreading the message of love that MJ had for the deprived and unfortunate - through his music.

My example is a little 'extreme' I grant you, but if everyone who can gives a little bit to children's charities this christmas, either with a small gift (like a 'Michael' album - wink), or with a small 'donation', there will be a lot of happier children across the world.

It's not something everyone can do, but please think about it.

thats lovely of u deano. another example is the £3 month campaign that is ongoing by save the children. ive been looking round to find a charity where i can donate something in mjs name. and £3 a month is only £36 a year so even the poorest fans can get involved in this.

elusive moonwalker;3110773 said:
thats lovely of u deano. another example is the £3 month campaign that is ongoing by save the children. ive been looking round to find a charity where i can donate something in mjs name. and £3 a month is only £36 a year so even the poorest fans can get involved in this.

That's a great idea!

Not everybody can afford to help, and there are very many charities across the world, but those that can help make a personal choice as to which charity is closest to their heart. For me it just has to be children's charities, because they are often the least able and most in need.

Watching MJ visit those orphanages in Bucherest many years ago made my mind up for me.

Back