Hello World/ Motown Solo Collection : 3CD by Michael Jackson

rockstar

Proud Member
090827065518290573.jpg

Description

Released only a matter of days after Michael Jackson's tragic June 2009 passing but in the works long before that, Hip-O Select's HELLO WORLD: THE MOTOWN SOLO COLLECTION collects the entirety of his solo recordings for Motown in a triple-disc set. Although Michael had some major hits during this period--notably "Got to Be There," "Ben," and "Rockin' Robin," all Top Five hits on both the pop and Black Singles charts--it's fair to call these years Jackson's awkward adolescence, perched partway between the preteen dynamo of the Jackson Five and the cool, confident entertainer of OFF THE WALL. There's nothing new here for collectors, but much of this material has been out-of-print for a long time, so it's useful putting the somewhat forgotten recordings of a major artist back in circulation even if the music doesn't hold any new insights. Essentially, these three discs confirm the basic narrative of Michael Jackson's career to be correct: he was drifting at Motown as a solo artist, trapped both by his adolescence and the unwillingness of the label to give him anything to do other than follow shifting trends from bubblegum soul to disco. Naturally, the aforementioned big hits retain their power and there are some gems scattered throughout each of the discs--and those gems come entirely from Jackson's pure, natural charisma--which may be reason enough for serious fans to get this handsomely produced set.
Track Listing

Disc1

• 1. Ain't No Sunshine2. I Wanna Be Where You Are
  • 3. Girl Don't Take Your Love From Me4. In Our Small Way
  • 5. Got To Be There6. Rockin' Robin
  • 7. Wings of My Love8. Maria (You Were the Only One)
  • 9. Love is Here and Now You're Gone10. You've Got a Friend
  • 11. Ben12. Greatest Show On Earth
  • 13. People Make the World Go 'Round14. We've Got a Good Thing Going
  • 15. Everybody's Somebody's Fool16. My Girl
  • 17. What Goes Around Comes Around18. In Our Small Way
  • 19. Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day20. You Can Cry On My Shoulder £Single Version]
  • 21. Don't Let It Get You Down £1995 Anthology Version]22. You've Really Got a Hold On Me £Alternate Mix]
  • 23. Melodie £1995 Anthology Version]
  • 24. Touch the One You Love
Disc2

• 1. With a Child's Heart2. Up Again
  • 3. All the Things You Are4. Happy (Love Theme From "Lady Sings the Blues")
  • 5. Too Young6. Doggin' Around
  • 7. Johnny Raven8. Euphoria
  • 9. Morning Glow £Single Version]10. Music and Me
  • 11. We're Almost There12. Take Me Back
  • 13. One Day In Your Life14. Cinderella Stay Awhile
  • 15. We've Got Forever16. Just a Little Bit of You
  • 17. You Are There18. Dapper Dan
  • 19. Dear Michael20. I'll Come Home To You
  • 21. Girl You're So Together £Original Mix]
  • 22. Farewell My Summer Love £Original Mix]
Disc3

• 1. Call On Me £Original Mix]2. When I Come of Age
  • 3. Teenage Symphony4. I Hear a Symphony
  • 5. Give Me Half a Chance6. Love's Gone Bad £Looking Back To Yesterday Version]
  • 7. Lonely Teardrops8. You're Good For Me
  • 9. That's What Love is Made of10. I Like You the Way You Are (Don't Change Your Love)
  • 11. Who's Looking For a Lover12. I Was Made To Love Her £1986 Version]
  • 13. If N' I Was God14. To Make My Father Proud £Original Mix]
  • 15. Here I Am (Come and Take Me) £Original Mix]16. Twenty Five Miles
  • 17. Don't Let It Get You Down £Farewell My Summer Love Album Version]18. You've Really Got a Hold On Me £Farewell My Summer Love Album Version]
  • 19. Melodie20. Touch the One You Love £Farewell My Summer Love Album Version]
  • 21. Girl You're So Together22. Farewell My Summer Love £12" Version]
  • 23. Call On Me £1984 Remix Rersion]24. Here I Am (Come and Take Me) £Farewell My Summer Love Album Version]
  • 25. To Make My Father Proud £Farewell My Summer Love Album Version]
here is link:http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/displayProductDetails.do?sku=1274879

actually this one looks alright. It contains songs from a couple of rare deleted albums Motown released of previously unreleased MJ recordings.

ONE DAY IN YOUR LIFE (1981)
FAREWELL MY SUMMER LOVE (1984)

actually this one looks alright. It contains songs from a couple of rare deleted albums Motown released of previously unreleased MJ recordings.

ONE DAY IN YOUR LIFE (1981)
FAREWELL MY SUMMER LOVE (1984)

i don't have two of those cd at all :no: so i'm going to get it cause i saw this cd in HMV f0r $44.99 that's all but i mom say next weekend i'll get it cause she doesn't have no money this week at all :no:

Back