Hearing More MJ Music Out In Public?

A, Mike's the man. the other day I heard J5 Medley from the Victory Tour on the radio!! :dancin:

I was all excited and had to bust it up...da female Dj was bein disrespectful, but the other dude put her in check...I always liked the dude better anyway, that girl got a big mouth

I heard both Billie Jean and Can you Feel It at a bowling hall recently, Lol

I also have heard different MJ songs in different shops and on the radio! Yaaaay!!

Cool Beans!

Everyone hearing soooo much MJ music! I'm always blasting it on my Zune player! thinking of another song to use in my class! I remember when "Invincible" first came out..someone was rocking the whole album in the park! Cause they were pumping "Speechless"! hehe!:cheeky:

I noticed these replies were from people oversea's any more USA peep's hearing MJ music?

God Bless,
Destiny

Cool Beans!

Everyone hearing soooo much MJ music! I'm always blasting it on my Zune player! thinking of another song to use in my class! I remember when "Invincible" first came out..someone was rocking the whole album in the park! Cause they were pumping "Speechless"! hehe!:cheeky:

I noticed these replies were from people oversea's any more USA peep's hearing MJ music?

God Bless,
Destiny

lol...i posted, and i'm from the usa. lol

yah i've been hearing more and more mj when i go to the shopping centre. one grocery store is always playing the invincible album, i heard stranger in moscow yesterday in target, and i heard destiny by the jacksons a few weeks ago at the same complex :)

yah i've been hearing more and more mj when i go to the shopping centre. one grocery store is always playing the invincible album, i heard stranger in moscow yesterday in target, and i heard destiny by the jacksons a few weeks ago at the same complex :)

what country are u from?

This past Friday I took my sons and a friend of theirs downtown to a festival. The city had blocked off part of a main street and about three cross streets leading up to it. They had different activities going on each street. One of the streets was used for skateboarders. There was a DJ out there that had a really loud and nice sounding system. It was the kind used for clubs so you could really feel the bass and stuff. He blasted "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'." As soon as it started, I heard some people cheer!

Y'all know how it is! You can't go wrong with a Michael Jackson song! LOL

Lately I had a small frstival in my town too, and the kids on the stage danced to Thriller. I meant "men, he's really everywhere!". Also, on this friday there was a evening with Michael in my mom's pub and it was was pretty simple to see how excited people were watching MJ! when there was putten Thriller, the crowd sterted to scream so much, haha :p then everyone danced almost all night long MJ's music on the screen. I loved itttt!

Ain't that the truth!

I hear more and more Michael songs in stores, on the radio and on tv. During an 80's themeshow from Idols over half of the contestants sang one of his songs! Michael is popping up everywhere and I'm loving it :dancin:

Lots of the good bars in Glasgow play MJ quite frequently, and have done for years. I've heard 'Off The Wall' and 'Burn This Disco Out' at funk nights.

Most of them tend to stick to the usual - Billie Jean, Beat It, Dont Stop, Rock With You etc.

Glasgow's a very pro MJ city I'd say.

On bars and clubs they play lots of MJ music these days I've noticed.

This past Friday I took my sons and a friend of theirs downtown to a festival. The city had blocked off part of a main street and about three cross streets leading up to it. They had different activities going on each street. One of the streets was used for skateboarders. There was a DJ out there that had a really loud and nice sounding system. It was the kind used for clubs so you could really feel the bass and stuff. He blasted "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'." As soon as it started, I heard some people cheer!

very true. it never fails to get people off their arse.

Last edited:
I remember a while ago when I was at the mall in Fargo ND.I was walking to JCPenny' when i heard wannabe startin something in a skate shop. Then afterwords Smooth criminal. I believeone othe workers was a fan and had a mixed MJ cd in the cd player.

Was out bar hopping last night and I kept playing MJ tunes on the jukebox. WBSS seemed to get a few people moving. I also played Smooth Criminal. :)

over here they play his music daily on the radio I think they are anticipating a strong comeback

Last year, I happened to hear WBSS in T25 in a Plaza!
And I tried to control my scream!!! "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

The last time, I heard TWYMMF in a stranger's house, as a automatic reflex, I dropped in and started to talk to the 40-year-old man that I've never met before about MJ! haha! I can't believe that I could do such a rude thing like that :))

I go round blasting out The Way You Make Me Feel from my car... I like to think I'm speading some MJ magic! Back in March/April on the way to an exam I passed a university lecturer who was in her car in the carpark, she was blasting out an MJ song, can't remember which one it was now, but it made me smile and got me in a good mood before a horrible exam!

Cool Beans!

God Bless,
Destiny

YUP! i was at a resteraunt called Chedders a couple days ago, and I heard Shake Your Body and after playing another song heard Rockin Robin. I wish it was more recent but its still cool. I got irritated tho because my family was all, "this is back when he was black...he made a lot of money." i was like ok and hes not now? :ermm:

hmm, well I've been hearing MJ in shops a lot more. Also I went out for dinner a couple weeks ago, and after a few songs I realised the place was playing Motown song after Motown song, so the whole dinner I was listening out for J5. :lol: They never played any. :(

Heard ALOT of Michael Jackson this past weekend! I was with my friends at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin for 2 very awesome Phish concerts this weekend. On Sunday morning after the 1st concert, we are all eating the most expensive brunch at the hotel/resort, when I realize that I recognize what is playing on the speakers. Its friggin Billie Jean! So i'm thinkin this is pretty cool, right? It got better. Next they played Man in the Mirror! And right after that The Way You Make Me Feel!!!! I was so stoked for the rest of the day. All my friends were like wtf?!?!

Then again that night as we were walking to get our spots on the lawn (as far away from all the stoners as possible....) someone's cell phone was playing Wanna Be Startin' Something!!! Needless to say, that was pretty awesome too. I mean, c'mon! Michael Jackson at a Phish concert?! Phuck Yeah!!!!!

Oh,yeah! I'm from Kazakhstan & hear much more MJ songs out here: thriller,who is it,give in to me,fall again,they don't care about us,black or white,etc! =D

Yup :D

Last week I heard "Can You Feel It" when I was in Hollister and "Rock With You" at a Chinese restaurant.

I love it. I have something like an "MJ music radar." I hear something and go "woah...woah...woah...woah...I hear MJ" and run to where it's coming from :lol:
LOL!!! I think we all have that :yes:

Lots of the good bars in Glasgow play MJ quite frequently, and have done for years. I've heard 'Off The Wall' and 'Burn This Disco Out' at funk nights.

Most of them tend to stick to the usual - Billie Jean, Beat It, Dont Stop, Rock With You etc.

Glasgow's a very pro MJ city I'd say.
oooh, that's cool! they shoulda played 'get on the floor' too!!! :dancin:

I called the Republic store the other day and they stuck me on hold, there was MJ playing in the background :p

Someone a few apartments away from us was blasting TWYMMF yesterday!

...as far away from all the stoners as possible....
SURE, you were, lol. (I'm just kidding :rofl:) I saw Phish at the Gorge in WA back in 1998 and the smoke was sure everywhere, lol. But then... at the one MJ concert I've been to, as soon as the lights went out in the arena... I smelled you know what! I was thinking, what the xxxx?! Who lights up at a Michael Jackson concert? That was a weird one, lol

Someone a few apartments away from us was blasting TWYMMF yesterday!

SURE, you were, lol. (I'm just kidding :rofl:) I saw Phish at the Gorge in WA back in 1998 and the smoke was sure everywhere, lol. But then... at the one MJ concert I've been to, as soon as the lights went out in the arena... I smelled you know what! I was thinking, what the xxxx?! Who lights up at a Michael Jackson concert? That was a weird one, lol

OMFG!! Smokin at a Michael concert! That's too rich! Though it'd be an interesting experience, especially with all those funky tricks and lights he uses. If there was any other drug involved, you KNOW there'd be someone trippin harrrrrrd!

Lol, and i'm serious that I tried to stay away from the smoke as much as possible! I'm not a smoker/stoner (whatev) but that wasn't the main reason. I was with my best friend whom is pregnant and her fiance, so we had little more of an obligation to ward off the potheads.

Oh, and what a great place to go see Phish. Little jealous!

I think my friend said he heard You Rock My World on the radio yesterday. :lol:

My gosh i havent heard "u rock my world" on the radio in ages!

Yesterday I heard Bad at the drugstore. It was funny shopping while listening to it. :lol: Not the first time I've heard MJ at that drugstore.

And on Sirius radio I heard ABC.

It's always cool when one unexpectedly hears MJ music. :)

i havent noticed more MJ on radio or TV..however, the other day i went to have lunch with one friend and we heard Beat It on the radio..and my friend (not MJ fan) said "omg, MJ is everywhere these days, they played his songs a couple of times for more than one hour in my favourite bar "..

Back