Have we heard the best unreleased songs in the vault ?

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
I don't think we have, because there are so many songs we haven't heard, and don't know about.
Without going into how many songs are left, we haven't heard anything from the Red One sessions, Will.I.Am, Babyface (1998), much of the Bryan Loren sessions, Neff U sessions.

I can only imagine what these sound like not to mention songs that producers have raved about like, Don't Be Messin' Round (later version), Stop Throwin' Your Life Away, Men In Black, I'm Dreamin', Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me and so on.

I think they're holding back so great songs for 4 reasons,
1. They released amazing demos like Price Of Fame and I'm So Blue on BAD 25.
2. Only 2 "unheard tracks" were released on Xscape.
3. They're many songs the Estate don't own, including a lot of 2000-09 tracks.
4. The Sony contract runs until 2017, it would make no sense to release the best songs and leave yourself with incomplete tracks.

So what do you guys think ?

I'm guessing the Sony and the estate wanted to get rid of the already leaked songs, because they have quality tracks in the vaults. I'm sure they will surprise us with very good tracks which they are saving for later.

The 'get rid' manner of releasing the the already leaked tracks in a re-worked form is totally awesome. Thumbs up for the estate!! XSCAPE is a beautiful project. Feels like a totally new album. In my opinion the album is closer to michaels vision than we think...

Respect estate and sony!

I agree that there most likely are some incredible songs out there. Prior the Michael-album, nobody even knew the title of songs like She Was Loving Me, STTR, DYKWYCA, Best of Joy etc. And then we got Price of Fame & co. on Bad25.
There have been surprises and real gems on nearly every music-project so far. Sadly, there isn't an unlimited amount of fully (vocally) recorded songs, but I'm sure there is some really good stuff still out there :) For example, it seems the Brad-seminar attendees have really enjoyed the 2 unreleased songs Brad/Porcaro played to them.

I was thinking that too but I also think 'best' is subjective. Its proven here that what might not have been the best to MJ could be the best to these producers, and what might have been the best to these producers might not be the best to the public at large. What's the best to the public at large might not be the best to the fans....and so on and so forth.

Personally, I think most of anything that MJ touches has a stroke of genius in it (does that sound biased? lol)...even Wassupwityou LOL

Back