Have the ratings been published for last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesiod

Proud Member
did they say how many watched it, -or are they gonna shy away..?

It was reported that 6 million tunned in to watch on TV in the UK
Although I think it was the mirror who reported that so don't know if I should believe it

it can't have been just 6 million in the uk.. the whole country is a fan-club there..

Wow - thats some audience. Nothing less deserved for Michael xx

I think the quote about the 2.5 billions referred to how many had access to view it, not to how many actually did view it. It's definately over a billion, but I wonder precisely how much..
Also, what about the US? How many millions here?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8140500.stm

For UK ratings, though,these still cant be accurate as I watched CNN from UK as Im sure other people did, and it was also shown on BBC news channel and Sky arts, they havent quoted those figures either.

A peak audience of 5.2m people tuned into Michael Jackson's Los Angeles memorial concert on BBC Two, overnight figures have revealed.
The second part on Tuesday evening's event was watched by an average of 4.5m on the channel.

More than one million people watched live coverage of the event on Five, while Sky News won a similar audience.

It was the broadcaster's biggest viewing figures since the beginning of the Iraq War in 2003.

In the UK, coverage of the memorial service was also carried on the BBC News channel and Sky Arts.

BBC Two cleared its regular schedule to broadcast the event, dropping regular programmes including quiz show Eggheads.

Five also changed its usual programming to make way for the live broadcast from the US.

The UK figures are not realistic. I live in the UK and I watched the 'CNN' coverage! So where does that count? Also I know many, many people in the UK who watched it on their lap tops. You will not see any of this reflected in the 'official' figures - along with the many people who watched it on large screens, in City/Town centres and pubs/clubs.

I read a report yesterday that 1 in 4 people in Germany (over 20 million!) viewed the memorial service. I will see if I can find the link.

You can be sure that more people watched this (via TV and internet) than any other funeral/memorial. I know I didn't have a lap top or PC when Diana died (along with most people), and I don't think they were invented when Elvis died!!

The question is - will the MJ hating media be able to bring themselves to admit it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8141894.stm

Meanwhile, figures show that his memorial service was watched by 31.3 million people in the US.

It is VERY hard for the US or any country to determine this figure really.

YES in the US they can track it if you watched it on TV for MOST channels.. but not like if you watched CSPAN but could track if you watched CNN, FOX, MSNBC, TVGN, etc. and even the local channels.

However, MANY people watched this online. MANY MANY people did - I being one of them. And they just can't track those numbers.

IMHO, if you take that 31.3 figure and double it it still would not be accurate. LOL

We can all agree that this was the BIGGEST MEMORIAL SERVICE in the world and watched by MORE people around the world than any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back