Have any of you had a "Calling"??

LindaC781

Proud Member
god_calling.jpg

Oh My God. Yesterday, I forgot to report to work!! LOL!! The charge nurse called me at 3pm and says "Do you know you are on for today?" And here I was, laying down trying to take a nap! I got up, told her "I am so sorry" then whipped my uniform on and got in there at record time! LOL!! You see, I got in the groove of having every other Saturday and Sunday off. I didn't look at my little DayTimer to see that I was on yesterday. When I got in, she laughed and said not to worry about it - it isn't the first time that happened!

I did get to sit for a little while last night - with a woman who has a brain tumor. I told her that Hope and Faith are the things one really needs to get through the uncertainty of her situation. They are planning brain surgery to get the tumor out. She told me that it hadn't metasticized to her other organs. She was very afraid. I told her that I could imagine being that scared. I then gave her a big hug.

Hey, I am a huggy type of person - especially when someone is crying like that. God, I wish I could take away all of the pain that I come across in the hospital. Michae Jackson l has this new message on his website http://www.michaeljacksonlive.com:

" IT IS NOW I SEE AND FEEL THAT CALLING ONCE AGAIN, TO BE PART OF A MUSIC THAT WILL NOT JUST CONNECT BUT, MAKE ALL FEEL ONE, ONE IN JOY, ONE IN PAIN, ONE IN LOVE, ONE IN SERVICE AND IN CONCIOUSNESS "

Michael Jackson

As far as a "calling", I personally know what he is talking about. I have had this calling to be a part of the health care profession since I can remember. I remember wanting to become a Nurse Practitioner or Physician and work on an Indian reservation. I always wanted this. I guess God was calling me to do his work. I still feel that today.

Have any of you had a "calling"? Or been in the "right place at the right time" for your profession? That things just naturally fell into place for what you wanted to do for the rest of your life? I have. I got in to the Nursing program right away - didn't have to wait on a waiting list. When I started my Anatomy and Physiology course, I was apprehensive....till I got to campus and they started passing out Psalm books..and they don't usually do that there. When things fall into place, like stars in alignment, does it give you shivers??

Last edited:
Yes I have experienced that and I believe we all have a calling or a purpose here in the world. :) Some find theirs right away, some are still searching, and I'm sure there are some people who don't care to find theirs, which I find sad. Think of what a greater impact we all could have on the world and within our own lives if we woke up every morning knowing we are here on this earth making a positive contribution to society by doing something we truly love and enjoy doing.:)

Yes I have experienced that and I believe we all have a calling or a purpose here in the world. :) Some find theirs right away, some are still searching, and I'm sure there are some people who don't care to find theirs, which I find sad. Think of what a greater impact we all could have on the world and within our own lives if we woke up every morning knowing we are here on this earth making a positive contribution to society by doing something we truly love and enjoy doing.:)

Some people do get that calling - they just have to be open to the signs and signals that tell them what the calling is. It may be a natural talent they have - like in Michael Jackson, or the ability to do math, or science, or art....

Even though I am in the health field, my calling for decades has been cooking. Granted, food and cooking certainly is not a "spiritual" calling, but it has always been incredibly interesting and fulfilling when I prepare meals for others.

The docs in my unit will slip a $20 bill into my pocket every few weeks, and I go happily crazy shopping for good sales on food, finding recipes that will suit multiple food preferences, etc. Of course receiving praise and thanks for everything is a plus, but the challenge and the actual preparation is my highlight of the hours spent in the kitchen.

There is always someone that is tight on money, ill, or working long hours,etc., that really can use a prepared meal once in awhile, including my son and his family.

It is really very gratifying if one does love the art of cooking, plus having people enjoy or appreciate something you've made. Not to say that my profession isn't gratifying, but it isn't solely so.

Back