Has JC Penny stolen 'Love Lives Forever' from 'This Is It' and trademarked it?*Update Post 5*

Re: Has a company called 1 800 flowers stolen 'Love Lives Forever' from 'This Is It' and trademarked

It isnt coming up:no:

Re: Has a company called 1 800 flowers stolen 'Love Lives Forever' from 'This Is It' and trademarked

it's no longer on that sports website, but if 1 800 flowers has their own website, it might come up.

edit;;

it's gone. maybe they chickened out. well. if i catch it, and they're still doing it, i'll copy a screenshot of it.

Last edited:

Can you tell us what it said?

I don't know about 1-800 flowers but I did found this:

http://promo.espn.go.com/espnradio/jcpenney/vday/

Unless that is something else completely.

you got it right. i was going to correct it, since i got the companies mixed up. thanks, MJs BollywoodGirl7

(Do you see it, Petrarose?)

Here is also, JC Penney's official website segment on it.
http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/XGN.as...FB03B9DF81103608&cmResetCat=true&hdnOnGo=true

Last edited:

I would say it's a relative common saying (and I've heard it more than once when publicising diamonds near the 14th of Feb,as in this case).
I know we all think of Michael and This Is It when we see it now,but a previous famous example comes courtesy of Stevie and Michael was involved too :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Lives_Forever

Anyway,I found this,not sure if it's the same company :
http://www.trademarkia.com/love-lives-forever-85152125.html

yeah..it's a generic phrase, but never trademarked, until the week after the original preview premiere of This Is It. there is growth in realizing that there are many who envied Michael for his many victories in lifel we do think of him with this phrase now, and suddenly, it's trademarked by somebody else, right after the movie premiere, when people with big money could see the premiere before the general public. with all the opportunism that came after his death, and all the people chasing him for money during his life, the conclusion is logical and consequently, not a faulty conclusion. MJ was a wellspring of originality, and had the magic uncanny ability to make the unoriginal, his own, as well. he didn't trademark everything, and i saw many scoop up his leftovers.

Last edited:
Ah, I see what you mean. The ring now has its own special name, so when you think of, listen to, talk about TII/Michael, we would think of the diamond. Another company using Michael to sell their product without having to give Michael any compensation. Here we go again.

Ah, I see what you mean. The ring now has its own special name, so when you think of, listen to, talk about TII/Michael, we would think of the diamond. Another company using Michael to sell their product without having to give Michael any compensation. Here we go again.

Yes...just like the company that used the phrase 'Brace Yourself'. But that wasn't good enough. They added the clenched fist. That's ballsy and evil.

There's something to be said for morals and ethics. You can be a pack rat in a messy room, but if you have morals, you will run a good business. On the other hand, you can be neat as a pin, but if you do 'business at all costs, you will fail, eventually, and your eventually will come sooner than you think, whether you like it or not. I remember being small and seeing little cbs, become BIG SONY on MJ's back. and now it's apparent that the artist MJ was a better businessman, than the BIG BUSINESS of Sony. Their ineptitude can be seen a mile away, and it's easy to buy cameras from other companies which have less expensive and better quality products. But the music don't lie, like the ball don't lie in sports. I can't avoid 'Invincible'. It's high quality. Mike's name is real, where his spirit is, and cannot fail, no matter what people say. and his empire still stands because he took no immoral shortcuts. There's big turnover with the rest of the industry, though. This is the same in any other walk of life. Right now, greed is overtaking sports owners in american pro football, and the empire is crumbling. The economy is bad because of greed, shortcuts and cheating. There's no escaping it.

Last edited:
Back