Has anyone read, "HONORING THE CHILD SPIRIT" WHICH IS LIKE A 2º PART TO "THE MICHAEL JACKSON TAPES"?

FedoraHatGirl2058

Proud Member
HI! JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF SOME OF YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS BOOK AND IF ITS A GOOD BOOK, I READ "THE MICHAEL JACKSON TAPES" AND PERSONALLY I FOUND IT GOOD.. I LOVE THE WAY MICHAEL SAW THIS WORLD AND HIS WAY OF EXPRESSING THINGS, LOVED THAT...

AND I KNOW BOTEACH DID IT TO MAKE MONEY, BUT I JUST READ IT CAUSE ITS MICHAEL HIMSELF TALKING, AND JUST IGNORED BOTEACH, WHO IS JUST, WELL, LEAVE IT THERE...

HERE AN ARTICLE ABOUT "HONORING THE CHILD SPIRIT"

Book recounts rabbi’s talks with fallen pop icon Michael Jackson
moz-screenshot.png

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach’s newest book, “Honoring the Child Spirit,” recounts his conversations with Michael Jackson.

(sorry i posted this "man" face, i know its not very nice to see....:(

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach had more in common with Michael Jackson than you might expect. Sure, one is a religious leader famous for his books, television appearances and statements regarding relationships and “kosher sex;” while the other was arguably the biggest pop icon of all time. But beyond that, both were family men at their core.

Jackson, who died in 2009, was notoriously protective of his children and extremely devoted to them — the latter being a quality he shared with Boteach.

The two men met several times toward the end of Jackson’s life to discuss family and the wonder and innocence they called “the child spirit.” The conversations were recorded, and were released on Jan. 11 as a new book, “Honoring the Child Spirit.” The Chronicle caught up with the ever-busy rabbi to talk about Jackson’s legacy.

The Jewish Chronicle: What was the purpose, for you, of putting this book together?

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach: I was Michael’s rabbi, and I was hoping he’d be able to get his life together. One of the most important things in that process was simply explaining himself. Michael had a lot to say about what parents could learn from children. This book is telling parents the opposite of what they normally hear, which is “Your kids need you, and if you don’t prioritize them, they’ll grow up scarred.” This book says, “You need your kids, and unless you’re around them, you’ll grow old very quickly.”

JC: Why did you want to keep the format of the book as a question and answer?

RSB: I felt it captured the authenticity of the message. A lot of people were disparaging of Michael’s message. They’d say he’s odd, he’s not smart or he’s out to lunch. Had I put words in his mouth, they would have continued saying that. In using his own words, people will judge for themselves. I think a lot of what he says is profound.

JC: Your talks with Michael were pretty extensive. What’s one thing you feel like he taught you?

RSB: He taught me that you can never be too busy for your children. He had every right to give an excuse: “I love you kids, but I need to fly here for a concert.” He never did that. He used to call me and ask if I’d told my kids I love them. I’d say I did. And he’d ask if I looked them in the eye when I said it. I’d say I didn’t remember, and he’d tell me to go back and do it again.

JC: Even after Michael was found innocent of charges brought against him, why do you think the public was so skeptical about his love of children?

RSB: I don’t believe for a moment that Michael was a pedophile, but he did make major mistakes. He confessed to sharing a bed with a child that wasn’t his. I don’t think anything sexual happened; I think Michael saw himself as a big kid, but that doesn’t matter — that was a big no-no. The second reason people remained skeptical is that he was perceived of as strange. If he’s strange, then that bad stuff must be true. That’s why I thought Michael should do books like this.

JC: The book talks a lot about innocence and wonder. Why do you think those concepts are so foreign to most adults?

RSB: Everything today is utilitarian; life is about the end result, the goal. We don’t go to college to get knowledge; we go to get a degree so we can get a job. That explains why Americans are so educated and so ignorant. We’re not studying out of a deep thirst to know, but rather a deep thirst to earn. If you see a beautiful mountaintop, and your first thought is whether you can climb it or turn it into a ski resort, then you can’t just stand by and be awed.

JC: How will Michael Jackson be remembered?

RSB: Michael’s death was absolutely tragic. But for the public, it was almost redemptive. Since he died, so much of that hatred has disappeared. He’ll be remembered as an artistic genius who inspired a lot of people by his song and dance, but also by the social messages behind his lyrics. Michael was very proud of the fact that his lyrics weren’t “I want to do you, baby,” they were, “Heal the world.” What a waste; what a shame. He’ll be sorely missed.

http://www.thejewishchronicle.net/v...-Michael-Jackson-?instance=home_news_1st_left

whoa, not a single post ...

Toto, where are you? Toto? Toto Totoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

sorry :)

Well here is a post. I am sorry that he is betraying Michael yet again. I still have not come to terms with a Rabbi doing something like that, after many rabbi's said this behavior was shameful. Also, when the first book came out there was a boycott which asked fans to get the download copy to prevent the Rabbi from gaining too much money. Some did that, and others bought the book. I see now there is a second one, so I guess the fans are buying it.

JC: Why did you want to keep the format of the book as a question and answer?

RSB: I felt it captured the authenticity of the message. A lot of people were disparaging of Michael’s message. They’d say he’s odd, he’s not smart or he’s out to lunch. Had I put words in his mouth, they would have continued saying that. In using his own words, people will judge for themselves. I think a lot of what he says is profound.
o_O And why couldn't he leave the stupid comments out of his first book too?

He was the one because of his useless comments that lead many in the interviews he did for the first book say MJ was odd even more!

I know he felt the backlash from fans cause of that, no doubt! That's why this new book don't go down that same road in my opinion! Even though he won't admit it! lol

Anyways, I like the first book for MJ not for the comments of course! So got myself a free copy of that one and will do the same for this new book! Because it's good cause it's Michael speaking and less of the Rabbi! <_<

bluetopez;3222053 said:
o_O And why couldn't he leave the stupid comments out of his first book too?

He was the one because of his useless comments that lead many in the interviews he did for the first book say MJ was odd even more!

I know he felt the backlash from fans cause of that, no doubt! That's why this new book don't go down that same road in my opinion! Even though he won't admit it! lol

Anyways, I like the first book for MJ not for the comments of course! So got myself a free copy of that one and will do the same for this new book! Because it's good cause it's Michael speaking and less of the Rabbi! <_<

^^I am glad he left out his strange analysis this time. Yes, do get a free copy. I am always agreeing with you it seems.

Petrarose;3222066 said:
^^I am glad he left out his strange analysis this time. Yes, do get a free copy. I am always agreeing with you it seems.

Aww, Thx! :flowers: Could mean that great minds think alike?! Tee heet!:cheeky:

I read the first book (I borrowed it from the library - I didn't buy it). I liked the interviews, but, like everyone else, I hated Shmuley's "analysis." His attitude towards Michael was so condescending. I don't know how Michael could stand being around that guy.

Anyway, I didn't know that another book was published. I'll try to find it at the library. I won't buy it, regardless of how good it might be. I don't want Shmuley to get a cent of my money after the things he's said about Michael in his first book and in his blog.

I read it and it was very beautiful
Michael words were veru inciteful and inspiring.
I wish everyone could read it and see into his heart.

Michael left lots of beautiful Jewels

I wasn't going to dismess the book over someones
personal feelings about the Rabbia nd Im glad I didnt.
I though it was beatifully written and Michael's own
words touched my heart

I would recommed it to all fans or anyone interested
in hearing Michaels feelings on raising children and
various other topics

IF the rabbi does not comment i want to may be buy it, now if he does comment, i will download it, i want to read what Michael felt, cause he said what he felt, he was never fake... that was so wonderful, specially when in showbusiness its all about fakeness.Michael was always HIMSELF, really,

thanks Qbee, love your post :)

RSB: Michael’s death was absolutely tragic. But for the public, it was almost redemptive. Since he died, so much of that hatred has disappeared. He’ll be remembered as an artistic genius who inspired a lot of people by his song and dance, but also by the social messages behind his lyrics. Michael was very proud of the fact that his lyrics weren’t “I want to do you, baby,” they were, “Heal the world.” What a waste; what a shame. He’ll be sorely missed.

That Rabbi can take his book and shove it! He speaks about Michael in a positive way in one sentence and then follows up with a diss in the next!

Will never support anything he has to offer!

in the other thread someone posted the pdf download link to this book. please guys if u wanna read it, download it do not shove money into schmuley's big fat ass.

I didn't read the first one and I refuse to read this other. What this man does to Michael is really very disgusting and shocking, imo. I don't care if it is good, bad or a mixture of both. For me, it's unfair. The guy is so clearly cashing on Michael AND his fans. He knows how much we hated his first book, so he changed his approach now in the second, so that more fans will buy it and he will make more money.

Amazing!! :ermm:

ExoticPrincess;3223653 said:
That Rabbi can take his book and shove it! He speaks about Michael in a positive way in one sentence and then follows up with a diss in the next!

Will never support anything he has to offer!
I agree....the way he ended that was sickening.....and you are right he an shove it!!

twinklEE;3223658 said:
in the other thread someone posted the pdf download link to this book. please guys if u wanna read it, download it do not shove money into schmuley's big fat ass.

yeah, i tead this pdf version and i liked the book , Michael's words are so nice .

I think this is the book Michael planned to work with him before he found out Schmuley stole money from his charity, but this leech just wanted to earn big $$$$$$$$$$ so he sold out Michael's privacy. If he released this book "honoring the child spirit" instead of his Michael jackson secret tapes, I would probably buy the book, but now he would never ever get one cent from me.

how could he call himself "rabbi", he had no heart, no shame. Uri introduced his two other evil pal Bashir and Shmuley to suck Michael's blood. they should crawl back to their hole, leeches.

I didn't read the first one, even though I still have it in PDF (the downloaded fan version) and I don't think I'm going to read this one.

Back