Has Anyone Else Noticed

strawberrypie999

Proud Member
I was just noticing recently how Michael seemed to write songs about others or for other reasons...that turned around to be perfect for him...

Just to name a few;
Gone Too Soon
You Were There
Cry

He wrote them for other situations....but they fit this 'situation' of him passing perfectly..

Did anyone else notice this??

Yeah I did. :yes:
I was watching the You Were There performance and it hit me.
You were there, before we came
You took the hurt, you took the shame
They builded walls to block your way
You beat them down, you won the day
It wasn't right, it wasn't fair
You taught them all, you made them care
Yes you were there, and thanks to you
There's now a door we all walk through

Thank you Michael! :cry:

Yes, I find You Are Not Alone to be particularly comforting. :)

yeah me too. the 'you are not alone, i am here with you' part really fits this situation. it always makes me cry when i listen to it. and gone too soon.. i havent listened to it since the 25th, beacuse its too much for me to take. the lyrics are so beautiful and so fitting. but i cant bear to listen to it yet :(

Oh man, yea the 'You Were There' video is what made me think...WOW What in the world, you wrote that for Sammy Davis Jr. but damn Michael, I think you wrote it for yourself too.

I know, it's almost becoming scary how much it fits for the situation!:bugeyed
Noticed it just a few days after youknowwhat...I was listening to the songs and I just burst out in tears because I listened to those in a COMPLETE different way than before. Just sat there as if I found out whole new music.

This is just another fact of how versatile he was, and how many purposes Michael could make out of a song.
Maybe without even knowing himself!
Oh man...he was so blessed....just not of this earth anymore.:angel:

I think subconsciously or not, Michael always wrote songs semi-autobiographically. He just used other people to take the focus off himself.

Back