Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Moved to Summer 2009

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests

Warner Bros has just announced that they are moving Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince from November 21st 2008, back to July 17th 2009. The reasons given are that the summer season is a more ideal window for for a family tent pole release, and that the writers strike left a big gap in the Summer calendar. I’m not quite sure if I buy the first reason. The three Potter films released in November averaged $916 million worldwide, while the two summer releases averaged $866 million worldwide, which is about a $50 million difference.​
It’s also worth noting that ICE Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs opens two weeks earlier, Ronald Emmerich’s sci-fi disaster movie 2012 opens the week before, and Land of the Lost opens on the same day as the new date. The november release had virtually no competition until a month later when Twilight hit theaters on December 12th. The good news is that the release date change will not alter the production schedule for the future Harry Potter films, and the move will shorten the gap in-between​

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was getting my Potter gear all ready :(
I don't wanna wait :no:

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH* *runs to her bedroom to fall on her bed and throw a temper tantrum!*

thats so annoying! i was SO looking forward too seeing the movie this fall! they couldn't ahve decided this awhile ago BEFORE i got all excited!!!

I haven`t read that part yet...and i first wanna read it before i see the movie....so maybe i am the only one who is happy about this decision.looool coz by that time i am sure i will also read this book

OH NO!!!

This is terrible, just when i'd got my hopes up lol

O well, back to waiting eh?

I was just about to post this. It sucks. :( I was really getting hyped up for this movie.

i just reading the last book i got for bday (they forgot to give me the one boefore last so its an intersting way of reading lol i love harry potter books but i never saw a movie of him

^^ The movies aren't as good as the books, but they're still pretty good.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed :eek: That is so mean and wrong to do that!!
Everyone has got so excited about the movie and then they come and tell you you ain't gonna see it until next SUMMER!!
NOOOOOO I don't want to waaitttt :cry: :cry: :no: :girl_tantrum:

:angry:

I thought they might push the release date back..especially after the teaser trailer took so long to come out (the teaser trailer only just came out when the movie was supposed to be in November)....i'm a little pissed off that they pushed it back that far...but i suppose its not too bad...i prefer the books over the movies anyway...

Last edited:
yeah I've heard that too, and it's making me angry. I was so excited to finally see the trailer. Now I have to wait almost a year. :mad: grrrrrrr

well yes, the books are better, more detailed and stuff, but I'm always exited to see the movies.

they're blaming radcliffe's exxqus or whatever broadway show and the fact that he's nekkid etc...but he was doing it overseas so how's that an issue NOW? they're just money hungry

they're blaming radcliffe's exxqus or whatever broadway show and the fact that he's nekkid etc...but he was doing it overseas so how's that an issue NOW? they're just money hungry

Where did they blame him for that? I haven't read anything about that, if it's true it's really stupid. :doh:

it was on perez, they said it was b/c of the strike but then hinted that dan wouldn't do the press require dfor the film b/c of his show and that they didn't want hbp to be associated w/ his very adult content show

yeah I've heard that too, and it's making me angry. I was so excited to finally see the trailer. Now I have to wait almost a year. :mad: grrrrrrr

well yes, the books are better, more detailed and stuff, but I'm always exited to see the movies.

Oh dont get me wrong i love the movies too....but im just not that fussed that they pushed the date back....its a little irrating but its not the end of the world..as long as it comes out eventually..

Oh dont get me wrong i love the movies too....but im just not that fussed that they pushed the date back....its a little irrating but its not the end of the world..as long as it comes out eventually..

Not to worry, I didn't understand it like that :)

You know, if they had said that the movie's gonna be released in July 09 from the beginning, it wouldn't have bothered me. But like this...

Not to worry, I didn't understand it like that :)

You know, if they had said that the movie's gonna be released in July 09 from the beginning, it wouldn't have bothered me. But like this...
Yeah that's the part that annoys me the most, to tell first a date and then disappoint everyone who was waiting for the movie so much... why did they say it would be released in November in the first place?

Back