Happy Thrillerween

qbee

Proud Member
1383639_446191122151430_1413984026_n.jpg

1385932_10202453340597657_1994636974_n.jpg

993690_10201243945435355_128980164_n.jpg

1398165_446368765466999_721333872_o.jpg

How will you be celebrating ?

ok, I've got a Thrillerween story. Today in our school library I turned down the lights and played Thriller at lunchtime (it's Halloween today here in Aus). some of the kids hadn't seen it before, but they all knew who MJ was! It was great to hear the buzz around the library with kid's voices saying "it's Michael Jackson!", just like in his songs.

I learned a couple of things about Thriller that I'd forgotten about because I've seen it soooo many times. For example, when they go into the old house, and Ola is screaming and shuts her eyes, and then "normal" Michael says "What's the problem?", the kids started laughing, and I realised that line is quite a release after the build up of tension to that point.

It was great to see the kids watching with their jaws dropped and big round eyes. Probably how we all looked when we first saw Thriller!

i shall be watching my video cd of ghosts and Thriller from HIStory the short films :) both Michael released products, love them so much :)

I'm going to a one-off screening of the original Nightmare on Elm Street tonight then coming back to my flat to eat and drink and watch Nosferatu :D

Probably won't sleep a wink tonight. Oh well!

I love the first and last pic in the OP. So cool. Michael would make a sexy vampire. Happy Thrillerween!

I don´t celebrate halloween, but I think thrillerween is something for me.
Happy ghostly halloween!
Are you scared yet:scare:

Thriller,Ghosts and This is it thriller is the menu for the evening.

Dancing Like Michael Jackson
http://www.wnyc.org/story/dancing-michael-jackson/

Hundreds of Michael Jacksons will be on the streets of New York for Halloween tonight. But for at least two New Yorkers, nailing the pop star’s signature moves is a year-round obsession.

Michael Jackson tribute artist Moses Harper is African American and lives in the south Bronx. She said she never really thinks about her gender marking her as different. She’s been dancing like Michael Jackson since she was a kid growing up in the Bronx and has won top prizes for her work. Her performances and her work as a motivational speaker make her a living, though she also describes herself as a writer, a composer and a musician.

For her, there is nobody like Michael Jackson. “Michael Jackson just came up on stage with an undershirt and he rip your head off .” she said.

Michael Jackson choreographer Scott Jurkowski is 31 and lives on the Upper West Side. Jurkowski, a white man, makes his living in commercial real estate, but devotes much of his free time to understanding and analyzing Jackson’s moves, in order to be able to apply his technique and teach it to others.

He takes a Jurkowski takes a cerebral approach to the pop star, analyzing the moves backwards and forwards to understand the very physics behind them. “Michael Jackson had a coherent and consistent technique that existed through out his choreography,” he said. “It has an almost like teleological rightness to it where if you do it wrong you’re not actually doing it.”

To listen to the whole story, click on the audio player.(link)

ttw.jpg

michael_jackson_halloween2.jpg

I will watch "Ghosts" on You-tube (why don't the Estate put it on a DVD)?Then will watch Thriller on my DVD. I don't approve of Halloween !!!!

I watched "Thriller", "Ghosts" (YouTube) and a slew of Stephen King-inspired movies (Carrie, Pet Sematary, Christine and Cujo).

http://dailynexus.com/2013-10-29/zombies-spook-santa-barbara/

Thriller-courtesy-of-Samhita-Saquib.jpg

Thriller-courtesy-of-Samhita-Saquib-2.jpg

Zombies Spook Santa Barbara
Posted by Samhita Saquib on October 29, 2013 at 5:00 am

Dressed as zombies, over 200 volunteers gathered in Santa Barbara Courthouse Sunken Gardens to dance in a flash mob to Michael Jackson’s hit song “Thriller” on Saturday, raising funds for various charity efforts.

The event stood as part of a worldwide “Thrill the World” initiative, organized by World Dance for Humanity, a Santa Barbara-based non-profit organization that raises funds for grassroots projects in Rwanda. Under the previous title, World Dance, the globally-represented organization has hosted a series of flash mobs to raise funds for food and education in African countries such as Nepal, Uganda, Liberia and even Santa Barbara’s own Sarah House, which provides shelter and “end-of-life” care to low-income individuals. As of this spring, the group now assists 12 different community cooperatives in post-genocide Rwanda under the name, World Dance for Humanity.

Executive Director of World Dance for Humanity Janet Reineck said the flash mob performances of “Thrill the World” strive to educate the public on humanitarian crises such as the 1994 Rwanda genocide, which took the lives of an estimated 500,000 to one million people, since the dance is performed simultaneously in a number of locations across the globe.

“It’s not just talking global, it’s doing global,” Reineck said. “We are spreading the word about the possibility of doing dance for a good cause, not just for yourself. We live in a place that is so blessed, we have food to eat, clean water to drink, a roof over our heads and so our motto is to get over yourself and get something going on for the world and for the community, and that’s the spirit we dance in.”

The Courthouse was a perfect location for the flash mob, Reineck said, as its beautiful downtown location helped bring the dance to life.

“I’m sure this is the most spectacular setting of any Thriller [flash mob] that happened today anywhere in the world,” Reineck said. “Everybody’s happy; everybody’s in a spirit of good will and helping, and it’s a time to experience life together and then we flash mob for four days.”

After the Courthouse performance, the zombies roamed down State Street for the next hour, breaking into Michael Jackson’s moves at every chorus.

There were many other performances over the weekend, including a large mob at Michael Jackson’s old residence, Neverland Ranch, in Los Olivos. The next “Thriller” dance will take place in downtown Santa Barbara this Saturday at Santa Barbara’s first Open Streets Project event. In light of Open Streets, a growing international movement that blocks out streets for a day to celebrate community activities, a traffic-block of 2.5 miles will be implemented along Cabrillo Boulevard.

Barry Remis, an organizing committee member of Open Streets, said SB organizations like World Dance for Humanity take the initiative to host community-building events advocating a wide range of social justice causes.

“There’s a double benefit to this — not just everyone gathering and having fun and watching such an amazing spectacle like the undead coming to life, but also the humanitarian efforts around the world, the women of Rwanda and the people in power to be more sustainable in a fair trade, in a self-improvement kind of way,” Remis said.

First-time World Dance for Humanity participant Glenys Archer said he appreciates the opportunity to dance with other community members for a global cause.

“It’s fabulous. I think it brings a lot of joy to people, and also the audience came with the makeup. They really wanted to become part of the movement, which is really fun and is about dancing and expressing yourself,” Archer said. “It’s that expression of freedom of spirit.”

BBC Presenter Kristy Wark Ends Newnight Broadcast Performing Michael Jackson’s Thriller
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Michael-Jacksons-Thriller.html#ixzz2jPK2aLuv
article-2482723-191d741f00000578-900_634x425.jpg

Thriller Flash Mob At The Alnwick Garden

The Alnwick Garden was invaded by zombies today – but thankfully they were only dancing ones.

To help mark Hallowe’en, more than 100 students from the Pauline Quirke Academy of Performing Arts, in Newcastle, joined staff from the visitor attraction to do a flash mob of Michael Jackson’s Thriller.

There were four performances throughout the day.

Children from the Academy worked on the piece with their teacher, Reemer Bailey, who is also the Garden’s Elderberries coordinator, and have spent the last two months perfecting the iconic dance.

Michael Fenwick, principal for the Academy, said the youngsters were really keen to do Thriller and had a wonderful time performing the routine.

About 15 members of staff at the Garden spent two weeks learning the moves.

http://www.northumberlandgazette.co...ler-flash-mob-at-the-alnwick-garden-1-6203694

DC Students Surprise Downtown Passersby With Rendition of ‘Thriller’

Emma Brown/The Washington Post – Savoy Elementary Students drew a crowd of smiling passersby Wednesday with their zombie costumes and their street performance of “Thriller” outside the Old Post Office Pavilion.

Dozens of pint-sized zombies descended on downtown Washington on Wednesday afternoon, drawing a crowd of smiling passersby with their Halloween-appropriate rendition of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.”

thriller1.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...downtown-passersby-with-rendition-of-thriller

1378840_631403856882038_1573138474_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.631401033548987&type=3&l=e1e9de2932

Last edited:
201310302247820744375-p5.jpg

Members of the Dallas Mavericks dancers and Mav Maniacs perform in zombie style costumes to the song "Thriller" by Michael Jackson during an official time out in the second half of an NBA basketball game between the Atlanta Hawks and the Mavericks, Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013, in Dallas. The Mavericks won 118-109. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)
zombies15.jpg

http://blogs.pjstar.com/eye/2013/10/31/zombies-everywhere/

zombies07.jpg

Performers dressed as Zombies take park in celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” by attempting to set a world’s dance record in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles on Saturday
Oct. 26, 2013. (AP Photo/Richard Vogel)

Charitable giving
These are just a few charities and organizations that have benefited from Thrill The World in the past:
http://thrilltheworld.com/category/charities/

I´m not sure how long a thrillerween lasts but this weekend it´s all saints day`, where we remember those who have died and light candles.

I think I´ll continue to watch a misunderstood and lonely man but not Ghosts this time, but the Phantom of the opera.

What’s Halloween without a bit of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”? A group of 90 Howard Middle School students made-up as zombies and wearing tattered clothing broke into dance outside the Educational Leadership Center on Amelia Street Thursday, performing a “Glee” version of the King of Pop’s hit. The flash mob, made up of students who weren’t even born when “Thriller” was released in 1983, recreated the choreographed moves made famous in Jackson’s music video directed by John Landis. Watch the video of the students performing.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/feat...ael-jackson-thriller-flash-mob,0,1214365.post
fullscreen-capture-10312013-100429-pm.jpg

Hundreds of students from Wildflower school put on their best zombie attire and dragged their failing limbs down Baker Street on Wednesday afternoon. When the music of Michael Jackson’s 1980s hit Thriller erupted from the bushes, the swarm broke into dance. Watch a video of the flash mob in action here.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/entertainment/230113101.html

thriller10.jpg

[h=5]Via UK Loves MJ on FB

"These beautifully 'Thriller' carved pumpkins by Agnes Spett and her friend were shown at the Pumpkin Lantern Festival, a charity event in Budapest (at the Heroes` Square where Michael filmed the HIStory Teaser) and hundreds of people took photos of and with them. They were later taken to 'Michael's memorial tree which is situated outside the hotel Kempinski, Budapest where Michael stayed 3 times. As always the memorial tree looks wonderful, covered in posters and flowers and lit by candles and the 'Michael' pumpkins add to the scene. The tree is often photographed and featured in tourists guides."

992734_605961636133199_842077453_n.jpg
[/h]

I actually have a "Thrillerween" story myself this year-for the last couple of years I've been playing "Thriller" over and over on my CD player while giving out candy and have been amazed at the number of kids who scream "Michael Jackson" when I open the door.
But this year, my brother wanted me to give out candy at his house-(they don't care for Halloween but I LOVE IT) so I dressed up like a witch, made a homemade cassette of "Thriller" and played it LOUD on my boom box. It was blasting from his porch-and this was what was so great-we probbly had 150 kids-ALL who were coming up the driveway-DANCING!!!-And the sweetest part and most surprising part of the night to me was one young mom, holding her little toddler (dressed like a devil) said to hr baby "Say hello to Michael" and the baby leaned over, kissed me on the cheek and said "Hello Michael."
I just about started to cry-I wish I had had a movie camera-just to get all those kids dancing!

Beautiful story barbee. I can totally relate to your feeling when you see kids appreciating Michael, that's why I love Thrillerween!:D
I would also love to share pictures with you guys of the kids' reactions when they watched Thriller. (against school policy tho!)

I feel like these are the kinds of things that keep Michael alive in our hearts. His legacy is strong.

Playboy Mansion Halloween Party 2013

THRILLER
[video=youtube_share;_OCptLFszg0]http://youtu.be/_OCptLFszg0[/video]
jimmy jam http://youtu.be/_OCptLFszg0

BEAT IT
[video=youtube_share;EIaoSwEn68U]http://youtu.be/EIaoSwEn68U[/video]
jimmy jam· http://youtu.be/EIaoSwEn68U

At the Playboy Mansion on October 26th 2013, I attended the party as a Special Guest of Mr. Hugh Hefner. Michael Jackson Himself comes back from the dead to perform for one night only at the Playboy Mansion to fulfill a promise he made to Mr. Hugh Hefner before he passed away ~ jimmy jam

Jimmy Jam the music producer? Michael knew Hugh Hefner? It doesn't surprise me or anything like that. I just never heard him speak about Michael.

Back